Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:41 AM   #1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Default Can you outgrow OCD?

I dun know if someone has covered this in the past, but now that I came to this forum and read the symptoms I beleive I did have it when I was younger, but can you outgrow it? Again sorry if someone already talked about this! Thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 06:59 PM   #2
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Im sure you can...sometimes the compulsions will be stronger and sometimes hardly noticable so gradly for some it might only be a short term thing where as other will need outside help to get better...

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #3
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Id say all mental illnesses are on a spectrum, as in they are more or less severe, and you can get better or worse.

So yeah you can 'outgrow' most mental llness, including OCD.

I think mental illness is an normal reaction to a crazy world.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:49 AM   #4
WannaKnow

I have had ocd for 3 yrs. but i do believe that it can get to a point were it might go away.

Asking questions is the best way to live
WannaKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #5
monkeylover

Default OCD

I have OCD but I have gone from washing my hands 165 times in one sitting to rarley ever more than 6. I will admit I did take pills for a little while and I did see a special doctor but I found that I was able to get over it without them. They just showed me the right path. So for your question I don't think you can physically outgrow OCD but you can do it mentally.
monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote