Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM   #1
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default hmmm... I doubt it.

So, today I saw my psychiatrist, and he gave me a booklet, and told me to read through it, and see how much I could relate to it when I got home, and to fill in my therapist at my next session. He doesn't know about most of the things that I talk about here, except the intrusive thoughts, but I refuse to go into detail with them to him.

So, the booklet was about OCD. It went on about obsessions and compulsions, and things like that. And I realised, I have obsessions, and a few compulsions, although the compulsions are minor little things.

I have really horrible intrusive thoughts. I won't go into them, because they're wrong in so many ways. But everytime I have them a little "what if?" pops into my head, and it won't go away. I get really scared that they will happen to me, or I will do it to someone else. I mean, I know that it's very unlikely to happen, and I know I won't do it to someone else, but the fear is always there.

When I get them, I walk up and down my bedroom for ages, and I get really restless. I won't stop fidgeting and as I walk up and down I touch the walls at each end, and touch anything in arms reach of me inbetween. I do this until the thoughts have gone away, and I feel a bit better. Also, I have to finish where I started, so if I start on the left side of my room, I won't stop at the right, I have to walk all the way back to the left side. Other times (like when I'm not in my bedroom), I'll get a pen and put a bracelet around it, and swing it really quickly, or I'll write my name over and over again in the back of my book if I'm at school. If none of these work, I'll resort to self harm, but that's unrelated.

I have a wierd thing with numbers as well. I only like multiples of 5, and odd numbers. But I'm fussy with the odd numbers. for example, if having the TV on a volume of 35 is too quite, but 40 is too loud, I have to put it on 37, even if it's not the right volume. 39 is too close to 40, it annoys me. I like odd numbers because I like the fact that if you work out the median, it has a whole middle number, and even numbers don't have that.

It's probably nothing, I think I just have a problem with anxiety or something. But I'd thought I'd post to get some opinions
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: hmmm... I doubt it.

Well as you said to me earlier, it's the wrong type of thing to be diagnosed as OCD, except the numbers of course. I think you should discuss properly with your pyschiatrist about these intrusive thoughts. I know what they are, and i can tell you that what they are probably has quite alot of significance. If you really want to make the most of your therapy and to really get better you need to open up a bit more.
xx

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote