Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #41
ArkaBas

Default Re: Addictions

Thank you for a great post!

lumos, I think, everyone is addicted to something)
ArkaBas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 03:49 AM   #42
jaismith08

Name: jairez smith

Thanks for that useful information. Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences, or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors. Well, I realized I'm getting addicted to internet social media. What kind of addiction is this anyway?
jaismith08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #43
cheskamint13

Interesting! Thanks for the useful information.
cheskamint13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:34 AM   #44
Charles Appiah

I think I am addicted to caffeine and masterbating
Charles Appiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:40 AM   #45
tasminsmith
Member++

tasminsmith's Forum Picture

Name: Tasmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by staying_alive View Post
Good, helpful post. However, it's very one-sided. I believe your experience has you thinking that ALL drugs form physical addictions and that no good can come of drugs.

You might want to discuss "physical" vs. "psychological" addiction. That seems to be a very misunderstood topic on the forum as we have people thinking weed and cigs are the same concept, when really cigarettes are much worse for you.

Also, you should consider yourself very lucky for the life you lived and the family you have. I am truly sorry for your life growing up, as no kid should experience that, but think about all that it's taught you. You're so ahead of all the other kids who live perfect lives and then get tossed into the world to fend for themselves. Only the kids that grow up with your kind of knowledge are the successful ones in our society.
all drugs are bad accept medicinal and that doesn't include weed for "medical reasons"

Don't trust anybody, because even your shadow leaves you in the dark.

|England|Pm me!|Horserider|ferrets<3|

please complete my survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5HD7SY8[/url]
tasminsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:09 PM   #46
Let Me Be a Pony
Banned

Name: Pebbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasminsmith View Post
all drugs are bad accept medicinal and that doesn't include weed for "medical reasons"
Medicinal drugs can fuck you up also.
Read the side effects of the medicinal drugs you're taking.
My liver is going to get rekt if I continue taking my epilepsy pills for a couple more years, and I do have to keep taking them. Sad story, bro. Imma enjoy this sexy ass liver while it lasts.
Let Me Be a Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:06 AM   #47
Horte

Horte's Forum Picture

Name: Horton

Addiction needs to be treated in a proper way regardless of what addiction you are having. I was also a drug addict for more than 3 years (mostly cocaine) and it was hard for me to get back to my life as a sober. But I had to do it for my parents because they were suffering a lot with me. I forgot everything for drugs, the efforts my parents took to brought me up, their love, their care, everything. I hate myself for being so rude to my parents. I'm always thankful to them for taking me to a drug treatment center at Toronto for rehab. I was in rehab for 6 months and returned as a sober.
Horte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 07:40 AM   #48
THJKIGB
Member+

I do drink alcohol mostly only when I go to parties so I really don't think I am addicted to that. I am however addicted to coffee. I have to have that every single day to survive.
THJKIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #49
TrillClinton
Junior Member+

TrillClinton's Forum Picture

Name: Jeremy

I am a recovering drug addict and I have been for about a year. Now when I say recovering it doesnt mean that I stopped drugs and am sober now. That's completely bullshit because I haven't.

I can't tell you how many times I've said "don't worry I'll stop" "trust me this is the last time" "I'm only gonna do it this once". It took me too damn long to realize I wasn't gonna get sober for my family or my friends. If I was gonna get sober it had to be for myself.

So that's what I did last August. I spent 4 months completely sober and drug free. It was fucking horrible, I hated it. I spent the whole time completely lifeless and unmotivated. All I could think about was being high and how great it felt. Things that made me happy before felt completely boring. I felt no happiness the whole time. My friends all thought I was just suffering from a depressive episode, but I never told them I was sober.

I never told them I was sober because I didn't want to be sober. I relapsed in January. I got hella fucking drunk with my friends and I didn't regret one second of it. My therapist was always telling me that the only one that would make me sober was myself. I realized that I didn't want to be sober. Since January I have continued to use drugs. I don't get high as often as I used to, but it certainly hasn't stopped. Am I happy now? Yes, even more than when I was sober. In fact, my friends think I'm back to being normal.

If I could go back would I have not done drugs at all? Yes, hell yeah. 100 fucking percent. But, oh well, that's not going to happen. People always told me to do what makes me happy in life, and if drugs make me happy in life I'm gonna do them. Do i recommend this lifestyle to anyone? No, it's horrible. In fact I even hate glorifying it sometimes because I don't want to be the one that turns someone to drugs. But if drugs truly made me happy am I really glorifying them?

As for which drugs was I addicted to? I smoked weed daily, got drunk daily, and at one point or another I was addicted to Xanax and Opiates
TrillClinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:25 PM   #50
john_sartre

Name: John

I think I used to be addicted to Valium, I used to take it every single night until tolerance became a problem. Eventually I had to take three 5mg pills per night just to feel it. I didn't just stop though, I just sorta just took less and less. Now I only take Valium occasionally, when I need it.
john_sartre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:20 AM   #51
Mami

Mami's Forum Picture

I'm addicted to coffee and I think as of recent, cocaine. I tried it for the first time two weeks ago and now I think about it all the time.

Mami
17/TX
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:41 AM   #52
Cori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
I'm addicted to coffee and I think as of recent, cocaine. I tried it for the first time two weeks ago and now I think about it all the time.
I sooo know what youre talking about... and I dont mean the coffee
Cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #53
ShilaFit
Banned

Name: Shila

Caffeine and taurine are my pre-workout dependencies
ShilaFit is offline   Reply With Quote