Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 18th, 2006, 05:40 AM   #1
Drug Sniffer Dog

Drug Sniffer Dog's Forum Picture

Default Do i have OCD??

I dont really know whether i have OCD or not but here are a list of the things that make me think that i do.

- My jeans leg's must always look the same on each side. I always reach down every few minutes if they are not at equal length and re-ajust them.
- Everynight when i go to bed, if i think about any religion at all, i have to pray to God! This is strange because i am not a very holy/religious person.
-I always feel the need to look at myself in the mirror to make sure my appearance is the same each day.
-I always need to wear socks. If i am not wearing them, even if i am just hanging around at home, i need to put them on. Otherwise i cant concentrate on anything properly.
- I always need to look at my hands. I might be at school writing something down, or at home on the computer and i just feel the need to look at my hands.
- Every night i feel the need to listen to my ipod for at least 5 minutes. If i dont, then i can't get to sleep as fast as usual.

Thanks.

!JOSH!

Last edited by Drug Sniffer Dog; October 18th, 2006 at 05:49 AM.
Drug Sniffer Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:26 PM   #2
schrei jess
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Do i have OCD??

Sometimes people can have OCD tendencies, but not actually be OCD. I have a few little things like that, like I always have to pick all the lint and stuff off my jackets and shirts all the time, I always run my fingers through my hair to make sure I dont have any stray hairs (I do this like a million times a day), I have to play and win at least 5 games of solitaire a night or else I feel strange, my hand writing has to be pretty neat and the same way every time etc.

Is it physically/emotionally impossible for you to not do, or do differently one or more of those things? If it is, then it is very likely it is OCD, if you can just stop doing one of those things - it is not OCD.

Another question you have to ask yourself is: Why do I do these things, what do I think will happen? People with OCD often fear something that could happen if they dont do certain things - They might fear their mother will die if they dont take a specific amount of steps or count certain things, they might fear they will get sick and throw up if they dont arrange things in a specific order. Those kinds of things. Figure out why you do them, and if you cant find a reason - then it is probably not OCD, because most OCD people do those things because they believe something bad will happen if they dont.

I DO NOT GO ON HERE ANYMORE. I HAVE LEFT THIS PLACE FOR GOOD AND DON'T INTEND ON COMING BACK. PLEASE DON'T FRIEND REQUEST ME, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME, OR ANYTHING BECAUSE I WILL NEVER SEE IT AND YOU'LL NEVER GET A RESPONSE. THANK YOU.
schrei jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #3
Ryan_J

Ryan_J's Forum Picture

Default Re: Do i have OCD??

From what you've said, it sure seems like you have some signs of OCD. Many if not most people have *some* traits, but when you mentioned things like not being able to concentrate on anything else until something is done...that's a dead giveaway. I've got a few myself, like all my drawers must be perfectly closed or it "bothers" me and I can't rest...I do the handwashing, lightswitches and a few others too. As far as I'm concerned it's only a problem and only needs treatment if it interferes with your life in a negative way, such as you got no sleep at all because of something, etc....

*Proud to be ME*

Ryan_J is offline   Reply With Quote