Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Do you still do drugs, despite all the health warnings and bad experiances?
Yes and i want to stop because of the damage it does to my health 23 2.32%
Yes, but i will stop some time in the future. 71 7.16%
Health warnings, what health warnings? 16 1.61%
It's not doing any damage to me, so why should i stop? 87 8.78%
I can't stop im addicted. 29 2.93%
I could stop tommorow if i wanted to, and i quite enjoy doing it despire the health warnings 185 18.67%
I've never done drugs, and i will never do them. 330 33.30%
I've never done drugs, but i might do them in the future 143 14.43%
I used to do drugs, but now I have stopped. 107 10.80%
Voters: 991. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #41
gerrawrd

Default Re: Drug Abuse Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew404 View Post
i am only 13 years old. My dad owns a bar. Durring the last months i have been putting vodka in water bottles and taking them to school so when i go to my friends house, we can get drunk. The neaxt morning i am very sick and feel like i never want to drink again, but when friday comes around, i feel like getting drunk. The first time i got drunk, i was 13 and me and my friend had 13 shooters, becasue we were 13. I always throw up and i am lossing weight. How can i stop?
it ultimatly is completely up to YOU to stop, there is no "trick" to stopping anything, you just have to stop drinking it, and then after that, you will have stopped, but its a tough mental deal to deal with... I would look for things to do every friday that doesnt allow you to have alchohol, then your time will be occupied by something fun, and you wont need alcohol to enjoy yourself.
gerrawrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:34 PM   #42
Techno Monster
Jump into the river.

Techno Monster's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

OK ill admit it im in the honor society and I Have NEVER EVER done drugs or been high even though my best friend is a drug addict, and i promise you I never will.
Techno Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM   #43
geiri94
Junior Member+

I have never done any drugs. But i drink. Not very much (like 1 or 2 beers per month) just with my mates.
geiri94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM   #44
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

Used to do them, but not anymore.
They didn't really effect my life, I just knew that there were bad for my health.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #45
Patchy
Former G-Mod

Patchy's Forum Picture

I've never done drugs, and I really never want to try drugs just in case I do get addicted.

- Patrick
(The Ginger Scot!)

~Laura was here~
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #46
japanman
Awesome Poster

japanman's Forum Picture

Name: Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by katapiezo View Post
I used to smoke meth for about a year.....

I was tricked into it at first, then couldn't do anything about it afterwards....

Then I was admitted into rehab....not a fun place.

But I have been clean since September 28, 2006.
hoooorahorrra hooooooora and a group wave i thought id congratulate you for bieng clean for so long.

for me i have never done drugs and i dont plan too

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes." Ichigo
"I'm depressed...might as well make a snow angel."
THE DOG - Mathew
japanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #47
katapiezo
Junior Member+

katapiezo's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanman View Post
hoooorahorrra hooooooora and a group wave i thought id congratulate you for bieng clean for so long.
Uhh...thank you.

katapiezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #48
theOperaGhost
Banned

I've never done drugs. I'm kinda guessing I'll experiment with them in college though.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM   #49
Malcolm Tucker
VT Lover

Malcolm Tucker's Forum Picture

Name: Mal

Em, why? How do you know you will do it? If I were you I wouldn't.

Oh and I never touched a drug before, never will.

"[...] I mean the guy is an epic fuck-up. Hes so dense that light bends around him."
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #50
Hippie

Hippie's Forum Picture

Yes, I use to smoke alot of Marijuana/ Cigarettes Daily. I was smoking about 1/2-2 ounces of Marijuana per week for about 6 months. And no I didn't buy it all I'm not that rich. I just had friends who constantly smoked. Back when I was addicted to Marijuana (if you like something so much it does get addicting) I loved it. when I wasn't high I needed to get high and I use to even Steal money from my family to get it ... I regret it all now but It's just messed up. the Times I had where fun I do admit but in the long run it's not worth getting addicted to. Once I get off probation I will probably smoke on occasions but thats all.

Hippie
Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:37 AM   #51
theOperaGhost
Banned

I don't know if I will ever do them. I've never done them, and hope I don't, but if I do, I just hope I don't get addicted.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #52
CaptainObvious
Retired Administrator

CaptainObvious's Forum Picture

Name: David

I'd answer the poll, but to be honest it's a bit crappy. Where's the option for "I drink/smoke ciggies or weed/do other stuff on a limited basis when I'm partying every once in a while, and continue to do so because I'm a) not addicted and b) at that level of use there are no major health risks, at least not without long-term chronic use"? All the options in this poll make whoever answers sound like some kind of hardcore addict-in-denial. No thanks.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #53
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

I believe that would fit under:

"I could stop tommorow if i wanted to, and i quite enjoy doing it despire the health warnings"

No matter what you do or how often there are health warnings. You sound very defensive.

I think you're just in denial that any kind of drug use has health risks.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #54
Break the Cage
Member++

Break the Cage's Forum Picture

No i think your ignorant to the fact that oneshyguy made some very good points. Its just a boost to your fun, when done occasionally and responsibly i dont see the problem.
Break the Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #55
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Anyone who has a negative or anti-drug stance on this forum is automatically labeled ignorant and propaganda filled. If you truly feel ok with what you're doing you wouldn't feel the need to jump on someone with a conflicting view as if you're desperately trying to crush it because you're so threatened by a negative aspect of what you're doing.

Sometimes its impossible to reason with drug users. I see nothing wrong if they at least acknowledge the health risks and warnings, but to pretend they don't exist or downplay them is irresponsible not only to yourself but people who read this forum.

I think that should be something drug abusers and anti-drug folk could agree on - that there's an acknowledgment of health risks, but some drug users would rather plug their ears and say their habits are at the right level to be safe because no one likes to think what they're doing could be wrong or harmful.

Last edited by Maverick; March 9th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #56
Break the Cage
Member++

Break the Cage's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Anyone who has a negative or anti-drug stance on this forum is automatically labeled ignorant and propaganda filled.
The majority are, because the majority ARE ignorant and propaganda filled.

Oh believe me, I know exactly what the drugs i take do and the health risks they carry, I am not denying they exist at all. I am just saying that they don't worry me enough to stop me..
Break the Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #57
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Ah ok we basically agreed then

Old March 10th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #58
CaptainObvious
Retired Administrator

CaptainObvious's Forum Picture

Name: David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Anyone who has a negative or anti-drug stance on this forum is automatically labeled ignorant and propaganda filled. If you truly feel ok with what you're doing you wouldn't feel the need to jump on someone with a conflicting view as if you're desperately trying to crush it because you're so threatened by a negative aspect of what you're doing.

Sometimes its impossible to reason with drug users. I see nothing wrong if they at least acknowledge the health risks and warnings, but to pretend they don't exist or downplay them is irresponsible not only to yourself but people who read this forum.

I think that should be something drug abusers and anti-drug folk could agree on - that there's an acknowledgment of health risks, but some drug users would rather plug their ears and say their habits are at the right level to be safe because no one likes to think what they're doing could be wrong or harmful.
I'm not jumping on him because he disagrees with me. In fact, I'm not jumping on him at all. I'm just pointing out that the questions are insanely biased, and any one you answer sounds like some kind of addict-in-denial, as I said. The fact is, I'm well aware of all the drug risks and stuff, but this poll makes every answer sound dumb, and I was just pointing that out.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #59
Remnant

Remnant's Forum Picture

Quote:
I'm not jumping on him because he disagrees with me. In fact, I'm not jumping on him at all. I'm just pointing out that the questions are insanely biased, and any one you answer sounds like some kind of addict-in-denial, as I said. The fact is, I'm well aware of all the drug risks and stuff, but this poll makes every answer sound dumb, and I was just pointing that out.
Agrees. There should be an option for us moderate drug users.

I do drugs, but I'm very moderate and well-informed. So yea, i win.
Taken moderately drugs don't have many bad effects to you. Not more than other things like fast food, etc.

Last edited by Remnant; April 13th, 2008 at 03:37 PM.
Remnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:26 AM   #60
micfail

I smoke Marijuana, and don't intend to stop anytime soon. I have Bipolar Disorder, and it really does help with the rages, and mania alot. No side-effects like many of my meds though. Plus, the meds just make me depressed allot, and they alwase make me really fat. But if I thought the Marijuana was a health risk at the moment, I would stop right away. As it is, I only smoke once in a while-I am not saying to start smokeing pot if you have bi-polar. I'm just saying it helps me.
micfail is offline   Reply With Quote