Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Do you still do drugs, despite all the health warnings and bad experiances?
Yes and i want to stop because of the damage it does to my health 23 2.32%
Yes, but i will stop some time in the future. 71 7.17%
Health warnings, what health warnings? 16 1.62%
It's not doing any damage to me, so why should i stop? 86 8.69%
I can't stop im addicted. 29 2.93%
I could stop tommorow if i wanted to, and i quite enjoy doing it despire the health warnings 185 18.69%
I've never done drugs, and i will never do them. 330 33.33%
I've never done drugs, but i might do them in the future 143 14.44%
I used to do drugs, but now I have stopped. 107 10.81%
Voters: 990. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 14th, 2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Default Drug Abuse Poll

This is a survey on drug abuse, just finding out the extent of drug abuse on this forum.

Try to be honest with your answers.

Why do you do drugs? If you do, and you are still doing any illegal drugs, why do you do them, list a few reasons.

If you don't do drugs, why?

Thanks very much - And please don't turn this into an argument.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Ravenous
Unregistered

I smoke cannabis about once a month. I know all the risks, have seen the warnings and everything. I make sure im safe though, I never hold on to any cannabis for more than a day to avoid gettign caught. I never smoke alone and i always take a sensible amount. I dont think i will try and other illeagal drugs. I could stop if i wanted to, but i dont because i like it.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:11 PM   #3
Anonymous
Unregistered

You forgot an option. What about those who have stopped? The health reason I stopped is my dad kicking my ass!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatwick
You forgot an option. What about those who have stopped? The health reason I stopped is my dad kicking my ass!
Great idea!

Feel free to explain why you have stopped. Thanks for pointing that out, now that i look at it, the poll doesn't leave much room for reasons why.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM   #5
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

im proud of all you people who said no to drugs!!!
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #6
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

6 out of ten teenagers have no tried drugs on this forum.

4 out of ten teenagers have.

So that shows that 40 % of teenagers have tried drugs (even though an increidbly small sample!) which is very close the national statistic (around 50% i think?)

Old June 19th, 2005, 09:40 AM   #7
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

wow. That's impressive!Sorry for the long time to post. Shloin isn't even ehre anymore

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #8
r0x0row3nd

ya ive done plenty shrooms cocaine pot opium (dont do crack it is actually bad and more addictive than anything) but i could stop i only use them every once and a while 4 like partys and shit so im not gonna die from that
r0x0row3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #9
lawl

I smoke all forms of cannabis constantly, I drink occaisionally, and have been known to indulge in cocaine or mushrooms still once every so often. I'm done with extacy, and am glad I didn't get right into it. Same with cocaine, no more binges and forking out huge amounts of cash.
lawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM   #10
Lilly_420_2003

Lilly_420_2003's Forum Picture

I'm part of the poll that got left out :-p

I did drugs and things, whatever I could get my hands on, but have stopped. Last time I drank was jan 7 2005, got high nov 2004. I knew the risks and things the whole time I did them, but it didn't stop me. I duno why I finally stopped, I guess I just got tired of the cycle. Got arrested, put in juvi, jail, rehab twice, drug groups for 4 yrs etc. One day, I just said f-it and tried to stop. Wasnt easy though :-p, but it's easier to keep a job sober, lol.

Never give up,
Never give in,
but making mistakes
is Never a sin
Lilly_420_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #11
Zatch Bell

Zatch Bell's Forum Picture

Default Re: Drug Abuse Poll

I never did drugs, and I never will. I know for a fact it can ruin your life, and I want to live my life as long as possible. I also want to be healthy, doing stuff like sports which I will be more active in without the use of drugs. I do some legal drugs like advil and cough medicine, but not in an illegal way.

Late Blumer Organization (LBO)

Cowards, they hide behind their words,
Don't care if feelings will get hurt,
Their eyes are blinded by their rage,
Beware the voice without a face!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1156/untitled2qu.png
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...talentsig2.jpg
Zatch Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #12
JunkBondTrader
Awesome Poster

JunkBondTrader's Forum Picture

Name: Felix

I use cannabis regularly and 20 cigarettes per day. I used to do coke occasionally but then I stopped hanging out with the people who were supplying the charlie. I do want to quit smoking quite badly because I have asthmah, but I see no harm in smoking pot in moderation NOT foure times a day! ...I've seen that destroy people.
JunkBondTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #13
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

I do not do drugs, and i never will. Also i do not drink because i am only 15, and the legal age is 21. I do not do drugs and drink because:

1) Its stupid - Drinking and doing drugs can ruin your life. Also, every time you do either one of those, u lose brain cells, thus making you more dumb.

2) I'm an athlete - I play soccer on varsity at my school. If i were to get caught doing anything illegal, then i would get kicked off the team, which i could not deal with

3) Im on Student Council - Better known as Student Government, and we had to sign a contract saying that we would not drink, smoke, or do drugs during the school year.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #14
mRojas2000
Fake *A d m i n

mRojas2000's Forum Picture

Name: Miguel

I wouldnt do drugs... but I wouldnt mind drinking some... I mean, its not that I will drink everynight, but I will drink like at parties, and stuff...
It does husr you, but not as much as drugs...

Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

~Harrie's proud brother!~

VT Veteran
mRojas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:55 AM   #15
Drug Sniffer Dog

Drug Sniffer Dog's Forum Picture

I havent done drugs apart from alcohol. I will do alcohol in the future and may do marjuwana, cannabis, chronic, maryjane.... wateva u wanna call it. But thats where it stops for me.

!JOSH!

Drug Sniffer Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #16
Ravenous
Unregistered

I drink and I smoke ganja a few times a week. I don't abuse drugs, I treat them with respect. You don't fuck around with drugs, I want to try some other stuff, but I know my limits, I can stop anytime I want.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #17
tomedix
Member+

tomedix's Forum Picture

I do smoke Marijuana every once in a while, but when I do do it I usually bake it into some food. I usually do it once a month or on special occasions. I know about the bad things that can happen if you do it but I believe that if I only do it about once a month I shouldn't be harming myself too bad. Plus there are many many good things about it too. Also it helps me cheer up and not worry about some problems in life. I mean I still do what needs to be done but it helps with depression.
tomedix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #18
sashoma
Junior Member+

i have tried once, (a long time ago, but then stopped) but i really have a huge urge to do illegal things, i dunno why, but i wanna start doing crack, drinking, getting high, and shit like that, the only reason i dont wanna smoke is cause a lot of close people in the family died cause of lung cancer from smoking. i wanna just take beers out of the fridge, but my dad would probly notice and beat my ass, i just wanna get pounded, lol.....
sashoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #19
Ethannnnnn
Member++

Ethannnnnn's Forum Picture

i do cocaine occasionally

Smilies are funny
Ethannnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #20
chelsea714
Junior Member+

chelsea714's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
I use cannabis regularly and 20 cigarettes per day. I used to do coke occasionally but then I stopped hanging out with the people who were supplying the charlie. I do want to quit smoking quite badly because I have asthmah, but I see no harm in smoking pot in moderation NOT foure times a day! ...I've seen that destroy people.

I've never heard the term "charlie" before. You know, it's true that a lot of people really are destroyed by smoking pot but I can handle it, I've been smoking pot every day for a couple years now and I have a 4.24 GPA in ap and honors classes. I'm very proud of myself for overcoming that stereotype. I also drink occasionally, and I have tried shrooms, cocaine, speed, and many prescription pills but I decided to discontinue all of that, now I just smoke pot and drink. All of this while maintaining great grades and I have never gotten in trouble...I guess I just like to party
chelsea714 is offline   Reply With Quote