Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 24th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #1
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie
Default Know your anxiety

We can all experience anxiety at some point in our lives, worrying about certain things is only natural. The problem occurs when we constantly worry, maybe over a period of months, about a particular problem, never giving our body and mind a rest.

This in turn can then bring on feelings of anxiety for no real reason, creating more problems than the very thing we were first worrying about.

An anxiety disorder may lead to social isolation. It may also impair a person's ability to work and do routine activities.

It can also cause people to have trouble sleeping and create feelings of constant fatigue. There are also many emotional problems to cope with: depression, constant worry and feelings of unreality.

It is at this point most people reach for help. If not properly treated, the sufferer can get caught in a cycle that can then last for years.

Below are three of the most common forms of anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder and general anxiety disorder. These are just TITLES and no matter which form you may suffer from, don't be discouraged, you can recover from then all.

Panic Disorder

People who suffer with panic disorders can suffer severe attacks of panic which may make them feel like they are having a heart attack or are going crazy-for no apparent reason. The need to run away from the situation they are in is immense. Symptoms include a racing heart, sweating, trembling, feelings of dread, a fear of dying, fear of losing control, and feelings of unreality. Panic disorder can often lead to people being afraid of having a panic attack in a place from which escape would be difficult, so they avoid these places. In some cases this can lead to a fear of leaving the home altogether, making excuses not to go out.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

GAD can occur with excessive, unrealistic worry over a long period of time. The anxiety may focus on issues such as health, marriage, money, career or any of the other worries the modern world can present us with. In addition to chronic worry, GAD symptoms include trembling, muscular aches, insomnia, depression, feelings of unreality and irritability.

Generalized anxiety usually does not cause people to avoid situations to the extent that people suffer who from panic disorders do. It’s the constant thinking, the constant dwelling on oneself day in day out, and the inability to shut the mind off that so incapacitates the person.

Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)

(SAD) is a form of anxiety created from a fear of what other people may think. Sufferers find it hard to cope in social situations, they become easily embarrassed, going beyond just shyness. They have little confidence and can be highly sensitive to what others think about them. This form of anxiety may lead to avoidance behavior. The physical symptoms related to this form of anxiety can include a racing heart, faintness, blushing and excessive sweating.
Source
IMO

These are just the common forms of anxiety. I have suffered suffered from anxiety for years I have PTSD and it makes it hard for me to sometimes be in large crowds and it makes it hard for me to sleep because of the "flashbacks that I endure myself. It is a hard thing to overcome, but it's mind over matter if you don't mind it don't matter. Though that is often times easier said then done. I have learned to open up a little bit with my friends and people that are close to me in my life. Talking has helped me tremendously. I just could never figure out what was wrong with me. I posted this simply because the fact that some people that are unsure of what they're going through can look at the more common diagnosed version of anxiety. I hope this helps.

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence

Last edited by Scarface; May 24th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #2
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Re: Know your anxiety

Well said. I know I get anxious often enough. It's nice to see it broken down this neatly.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Sith Lord 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Magus
Mercurai's Priestess

Magus's Forum Picture

Name: Fae, The Witch

Yes, we all get the anxiety. My anxiety arises to due the my nature of being too paranoid to unworthy things mixed with troublesome situations.

What well happen tomorrow; what will be the consequences on what I have said to him; will this person gets angry; why have I done this. These all words(and more)crosses my mind all the time. It troubles me and disturbs my peace. What to do with it? I just cope with this sinister demeanour until it wears off.

====
OFF - TOPIC

My dear friend, Ronnie.
I am doing nothing but an advice from friend to friend. It is a good habit to cite and at least mention the source from where you have brought this. The consequences is the fear running into what we call "plagiarism". I am pretty sure that the owner of "Anxiety No More" won't do any fuss on this, but for the sake of future instances.

~
Yours sincerely.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #4
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_explained.html

Please cite your sources in the future.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #5