Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 31st, 2010, 12:12 AM   #1
NiceToMeetU

Name: Niki
Unhappy Plz help me!OCD

Hi im 15 years old.And i think i have OCD pure-o.From since i was a child i had intrusive thoughts about God, which would go away when i told my parents.But now they developed in other disgusting,sick thoughts which i dont want to describe.I dont want these thoughts i hate myself for having them and i think im gonna go crazy!I supress them very well but when i think i used to have that thought i feel so guilty and ashamed.I want to tell it to some1 but i dont know how.My mom will probaply think im stupid and crazy.My sister used to wash her hands lots of times and she told her that only crazy and sick people do that so often.So how?And if i go to a psychiatrist will he be able to help me?Or will i have this thoughts forever? And what if this isnt Ocd and im just a sick person?

Plz help me out here!
NiceToMeetU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:19 AM   #2
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Default Re: Plz help me!OCD

You need to see a psychiatrist to be assessed for OCD.

They will be able to help if it is OCD.

I have severe OCD, and I have these symptoms, they are very distressing, but they do not mean you are a sick person. If you were, you'd take pleasure in these thoughts. You clearly do not.

OCD can be treated very successfully with both therapy and medications if it is that severe.

There is hope, but you do need to be assessed by a professional for OCD, if it isn't OCD, I'd still discuss this with a professional, it sounds very distressing for you.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:31 AM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default Re: Plz help me!OCD

BeautifulDisaster said everything really, so yeah. You really need to see a proffessional to find out what it is, so you can hopefully get better from it.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote