Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #1
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

hi i just was wondering what i should do to make this guy STOP staring at me. this has gone on for about 4 months, and today my friend i'll call Julia was like "wow he(wyman) keeps staring at you!"
i said yeah.. i know.. then other guys around the room would just watch him and whenever wyman would look at me they would yell like "LEMONS!(his nickname)"
he's just a generally creepy kid.. if he was some kid i actually liked, i wouldn't have a problem ( ) but he's just like a total creeper!
i've tried telling my 8th period teacher about it, but she said take it as a compliment. what, i'm supposed to LIKE that some creepy kid is staring at me?!

anyways - should i tell one of the principles? or should i just let it slide, because he's starting to get on my nerves

thanks for any answers

oh yeah also i had no clue where to put this
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Mr. Smithers
Banned
 
Name: August
Join Date: March 13, 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

General Questions, Polls and Surveys Abuse

Yeah, I would definitely tell the principal or a teacher. Don't tell it slide, because it could get worse.
Mr. Smithers is offline  
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #3
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smithers View Post
General Questions, Polls and Surveys Abuse

Yeah, I would definitely tell the principal or a teacher. Don't tell it slide, because it could get worse.
i'll see if i can talk to the counselor tomorrow. thanks for the move haha
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod
 
Fiction's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kathy
Join Date: January 17, 2010
Location: London, England
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 5
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Well if this guy jsut has a crush on you, it's not crime to stare. Maybe you jsut leave it. It might stop. If anything else does happen then by all means tell a teacher but i really don't think a guy staring at you is a problem.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline  
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #5
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
Well if this guy jsut has a crush on you, it's not crime to stare. Maybe you jsut leave it. It might stop. If anything else does happen then by all means tell a teacher but i really don't think a guy staring at you is a problem.
isn't it harassment if you have told him to stop staring at you and he keeps doing it? also when whatever class im in with him everyone else notices lol

~~Lauren~~
i'm a graphic artist
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #6
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

His staring probably is one of admiration or attraction. Although it is annoying, the best thing to try to do is sit as far away as possible. Teachers aren't likely to step in because they see it as this. Although you may not like the student, have you ever talked to him regarding it or anything else in general? Perhaps he just has a crush on you and I'm going with that as it seems most likely.

For the time though, just try to ignore it. If however, he verbally harasses or geographically/stalks you, or does similar actions, then consider reporting them. In grade 8 though, if one guy stares at a girl, it's likely just attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCookies View Post
isn't it harassment if you have told him to stop staring at you and he keeps doing it? also when whatever class im in with him everyone else notices lol
Hard to say because previous cases involving workplace sexual harassment need to be assessed on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, it was ruled that it was not but when appealed, sometimes the verdict is changed.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline  
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #7
Hyper
VT Lover
 
Join Date: July 3, 2006
Location: Glacier
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

If his staring at you don't look at him.. So you wont see him staring.....

QUITE QUITE. Maybe like in time he'll actually TALK to you or just stop staring

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline  
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #8
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

I know it can be frustrating to have someone stare at you, but if he likes you, he probably cant help it or doesnt even know he's doing it.
Telling a teacher might help, I guess.
I suppose you just need to think how much it winds you up to see if it's worth making a point of it.

1_21Guns is offline  
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #9
Forbidden Lover
Banned
 
Name: Jeremy
Join Date: May 10, 2010
Location: Somewhere Romantic
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

I wouldn't just let him do that to you. You should tell someone. Whether he's trying to do it harmfully or not.
Forbidden Lover is offline  
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #10
User Name
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 12, 2009
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Try this:

If he's constantly staring at you, look at him and make eye contact. If he quickly looks away then that means he's embarrassed he was caught looking at you and most likely has a crush on you.

However, if he holds your gaze for over 3 seconds then try waving your hand in front of his eyes, as that's just weird.

Anyways, as long as this guy isn't some serial killer or something then don't worry about it too much.
In one of my classes at school I like to look at this one girl because I'm attracted to her, and if we ever make eye contact we just look away quickly like nothing happened.

What's sad is that I keep forgetting my username.
User Name is offline  
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #11
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Try this:

If he's constantly staring at you, look at him and make eye contact. If he quickly looks away then that means he's embarrassed he was caught looking at you and most likely has a crush on you.

However, if he holds your gaze for over 3 seconds then try waving your hand in front of his eyes, as that's just weird.

Anyways, as long as this guy isn't some serial killer or something then don't worry about it too much.
In one of my classes at school I like to look at this one girl because I'm attracted to her, and if we ever make eye contact we just look away quickly like nothing happened.
alright thanks for the info

~~Lauren~~
i'm a graphic artist
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #12
scuba steve
Lone Wonderer
 
scuba steve's Forum Picture
 
Name: Calum (steve's just a fall guy)
Join Date: June 2, 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

well, all i can say is at least he's looking with his eyes and not his hands

Now to find a midget with some Gin and we'll be in business...

When i say pop you say quiz... POP... QUIZ. POP...QUIZ........ yaaaaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledteen22 View Post
I've tried to have sex but vagina feels nothing like fans
scuba steve is offline  
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #13
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
well, all i can say is at least he's looking with his eyes and not his hands
Hah I would never let him close enough to have that opprotunity.

~~Lauren~~
i'm a graphic artist
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #14
budd55
Junior Member
 
Name: budd
Join Date: May 30, 2009
Location: TN now NJ
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

i would try and stay away from him, or tell a teacher
budd55 is offline  
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #15
Iron Man
U.S. Navy
 
Iron Man's Forum Picture
 
Name: Skyler*
Join Date: April 26, 2009
Location: Stark Tower, NYC
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 11
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Try asking HIM why he stares at you. You shouldn`t immediately pass judgement if you don`t know the reason.



"Its not the top that's douchey. Its the person wearing it."
-Charles, on striped tank tops.


I own Harry Styles.
Iron Man is offline  
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #16
Grim981
New Member
 
Name: Callum
Join Date: January 9, 2010
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

I think you just need to get over yourself..
Why is he a creep?
Its not his fault he's different and can't live up to your high standards..
Grim981 is offline  
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #17
DayBreakArt
Banned
 
Name: Steph
Join Date: January 23, 2010
Location: Wonderland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Like everyone has said, he probably likes you. Don't go overboard and tell the principal. I think you should ask him or make eye contact (as said previously). He'll probably be embarrassed if he knows you know he's staring at you and might even stop.
DayBreakArt is offline  
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #18
peaceloverugby
Great Poster
 
peaceloverugby's Forum Picture
 
Name: Connor
Join Date: May 8, 2009
Location: I live here. I live there. Currently in Cork, Ireland
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Yeah, I stare at this gay guy in my physics class, and when he looks at me I smile and look away, an he just smiles and shakes his head. I'd try to ignore it, but if it really bothers you, go directly to him and ask him to stop. But be gentle, don't make a scene


This machine kills fascists.

"I'm a horrible dancer, I ain't gonna lie; But I'll be damned if that means that I ain't gonna try."
peaceloverugby is offline  
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #19
iLoveCookies
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
well, all i can say is at least he's looking with his eyes and not his hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim981 View Post
I think you just need to get over yourself..
Why is he a creep?
Its not his fault he's different and can't live up to your high standards..
I've never exactly had a kid stare at me every period I am in with him.
Sometimes he will be across the room i'll be with friends he's by the teacher
and I look toward the teacher and I see him just staring at me.

~~Lauren~~
i'm a graphic artist
iLoveCookies is offline  
Old May 16th, 2010, 05:29 AM   #20
anokhi
Banned
 
Join Date: May 16, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: What do i do if a guy keeps staring at me?

I would never let him close enough to have that opprotunity.
anokhi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org