Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > The Psychiatric Ward > Depression, Loss, and Grief
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [6]

Old April 8th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #1
SimSailorNick
Awesome Poster

SimSailorNick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick
Default How to deal with being a loner.

So i just realized that maybe i would live better as a loner. But i'm not that quite sure yet buy anyways. If you have any tips or things to make me feel better, just post. Sigh. :<

Happy to talk to anyone about anything! Always open to new people, new ideas and new experiences.

SimSailorNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron
Default Re: How to deal with being a loner.

Tbh there isn't really tips that can be given for being a loner. It's really just yourself that determines it. You'll feel more comfortable alone in most situations, and working alone doesn't bother you. Usually when im alone, which is 90% of the time I just use music to spend my time and either read/think/study or something. This is in social situations, like college etc usually.
Kaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #3
Nickk XD
Member++

Nickk XD's Forum Picture

A loner is defined by naturally wanting to be alone.

If you're in groups, etc. right now you aren't a loner. A loner isn't usually something someone WANTS to be...I mean maybe it could, but doubtful. Usually they're the shyer ones, the unique ones, the ones who like to read their books instead of hang out...usually it is natural, not something you would "create".

Being a loner, in my opinion, could have its ups and downs. Loners are more likely to commit suicide, suffer depression, and have behavior problems because they have no real connection with others. They develop social issues and sometimes need counseling to be able to successfully operate in the real world.

On the plus side, being a loner would mean you had additional time for homework, games YOU liked (that were like computer, etc), etc.

If you're not a loner now, you probably never will be.

What made you think of this question?

Now accepting PMs, so send me one! PMs that solicit me for internet sex, prostitution, meeting, or anything else inappropriate and/or illegal for the internet is not acceptable and will IMMEDIATELY be reported and appropriate action will be taken.
Did you find my post helpful?

My expertise: drugs & meds and various health questions related to puberty.
Nickk XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #4
bigsack13

Being alone is not fun. To be with friends, relax, have a good time, that is what you gotta do!

But if you don't mind to be alone, then why not be? As long as you are a loner, and not lonely...
bigsack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #5
SimSailorNick
Awesome Poster

SimSailorNick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknrm View Post

What made you think of this question?
Well maybe not a total loner. Just being able to handle my time and relationships better. Lately, i've been wanting to be alone but i always want to talk to someone. I'm kinda confused about it right now. Maybe what i want is time to think for myself? Something like that.

Happy to talk to anyone about anything! Always open to new people, new ideas and new experiences.

SimSailorNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #6
deletemeandmypostplz
Junior Member+

Name: kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsack13 View Post
Being alone is not fun. To be with friends, relax, have a good time, that is what you gotta do!

But if you don't mind to be alone, then why not be? As long as you are a loner, and not lonely...
i disagree, i've always been at best when alone and hidden in the shadows unnoticed, eventhough i have over 1mil friends worldwide i talk to everyday, in person it seems like i dont have many friends, yet everyone at school knows me and just comes up to me in the hallways and outside of school. one tip is to become my friend.
deletemeandmypostplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #7
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM_nick View Post
Well maybe not a total loner. Just being able to handle my time and relationships better. Lately, i've been wanting to be alone but i always want to talk to someone. I'm kinda confused about it right now. Maybe what i want is time to think for myself? Something like that.
It is human nature to crave contact with others, no matter how strongly you prefer a life of solitude. I feel it also, that's why I compensate for that by coming on here.

If this is truly a compatible lifestyle for you, it will be able to formulate itself naturally. Give yourself time; the confusion will subside.
Aspiringanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #8
TakeMyHand
Junior Member+

TakeMyHand's Forum Picture

I've definitely always been a loner, I never go or do anything that involves interacting with other people unless I have to, I won't even answer the phone, I just hand it to my sister or mom, and if they aren't there I'll let the answering machine get it. To be honest, I used to think I wanted to be alone, live in a forest somewhere far off or something, because I hated interacting with people, and so I never did.

However now I'm completely different, it all started about a year ago, and now I crave friends, interaction, and intimacy SO much I look around and see everyone else with friends and histories together already and get depressed wishing I hadn't wasted so much time. I feel like it's too late in most cases, every one else already has their groups of friends and don't need anyone else joining in, especially someone who's mow socially awkward like me since I never have interacted with people much. It's tearing me up and I'm kind of falling all apart very rapidly, so many buried emotions finally coming out.

This is why I come here now, no one I know in person is looking for new friends and it's impossible for me to join any of these little groups, but people on here do seem to want more people around to talk to. However even here I still feel a little late to the scene, like I've missed a lot of opportunity to get to know some really awesome people who come here. I wish I could just suddenly know and be friends with everyone on here, but that of course takes time, and in the mean time I still feel very lonely.

Anyway, my point is kind of that even if you might think you like being alone like I once did, it might just be because you haven't learned what it's like to have company or how to enjoy it. One day it might come back and bite you in the ass to not have any friends, like it has for me.
TakeMyHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #9
intricacy

Lightbulb Re: How to deal with being a loner.

Being alone can be depressing when we are searching for an answer, and feel there is no one around to revel in the victory of finding the truth.

It is however good to separate from the world now and again, in order to reconnect with the basic reality of oneself, so that when the time comes, we can connect with those same basic truths in others.

We as humans are ever seeking, and often like to be sought after. We therefore have a lifetime of opportunity to discover others, and what they have to offer the world we know thus far.
intricacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:54 AM   #10
AUS-MAK

just talk to anyone in your class or out of school group
AUS-MAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #11
McDc

Name: Maika

Hi, I'm 14 years old. I'm a Loner in school. I'm also nice to people and even treating them like Good Friends. I would even invite them over to study.
But then, I realized they were just using me. I'm not that smart. I just want friends. I tried to attempt Suicide but It never really happened. I'm really depressed. I just don't want to go to school.

During classes, I would be all alone, writing on my single notebook. Whenever there's a partner activity in Class, no one would pick me as a partner.
I am now playing in a 2nd Life Chat game, called Habbo.
I'm more happier in Habbo than in Real life. Since in Real life, People are backstabbing me, insulting me, trying to put me down.
I just wish that habbo could be my Real life in exchange. :L

I am a Loner.
It just hurts. You're being bullied. You're being back stabbed. You're being looked down to.

Even how hard I try to be nice, They're just the same. Everyone's avoiding me like I'm a sort of Virus. I have no more friends to Hangout with.

I'm just a Loner. T.T
McDc is offline   Reply With Quote