Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #1
boy05
Junior Member+

Recently on another forum after I posted a question about something, a poster who said he was an older teen who could give advice messaged me. He was very friendly and soon asked me to do things on cam so he could see and it was impossible to stop. So please don't be fooled by people pretending to be something they aren't to get you to do stuff!

Sorry I spelt the title wrong, of course I meant guys!

Last edited by Dalcourt; December 29th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.
boy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #2
TheMagicPotato
Member++

TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture

Name: Abraham
Default Re: Beware of online giys who friend you

The Internet is an ocean, powerful and amazing, but, If you want to surf the Internet, you gotta take a lot of precautions.

Not saying that you need to judge everybody you meet on the web, but, you gotta keep your two eyes on pervs, creeps and bad people overall.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #3
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

it's easy to stop:

just cut off the contact.
put such idiots on your ignore list,
inform the mods and admins

done ... in most of such cases

in the worst case:

speak to your parents
contact the authorities etc etc

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:59 PM   #4
TheMagicPotato
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
it's easy to stop:

just cut off the contact.
put such idiots on your ignore list,
inform the mods and admins

done ... in most of such cases

in the worst case:

speak to your parents
contact the authorities etc etc
Exactly.
Old December 28th, 2017, 06:08 PM   #5
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Name: Sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy05 View Post
Recently on another forum after I posted a question about something, a poster who said he was an older teen who could give advice messaged me. He was very friendly and soon asked me to do things on cam so he could see and it was impossible to stop. So please don't be fooled by people pretending to be something they aren't to get you to do stuff!
Yeah dude i know what you mean...

Just a person who loves to play and watch sports.

Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #6
Juliarules832
Nice Poster

Name: Julia

That is so scary

13 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:52 PM   #7
TheMagicPotato
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliarules832 View Post
That is so scary
Scary indeed
Old December 29th, 2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

The internet can be scary and dangerous, that's why people should trust others too easy.
And if someone wants pics or camming after exchanging just a couple of sentences it is better to severe the contact sometimes.

The anonymity of the internet allows predators to lurk basically everywhere.
That's why this forum has this highly unpopular things like PMs only if you have at least 100 posts and komm public sharing of contact info.
Even with precautions like that 100 security will never be possible.

So it's rally good this post was made since it may help others to think a bit. Most people are too careless with sharing pics and private info on the net.

I honestly see it here a lot, too. I mean it's everyone's personal decisions but a lot of posts, profiles or whatever make me think oh my it's like you are waiting for a pedo to contact you.

So I just advise everyone to be a bit more careful and stay safe.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #9
Danieldv77
Junior Member+

:o/ Impossible to stop how? The solution is rather simple; don't do anything that might give personal information away to others. This includes taking pictures of yourself specifically for others. The problem isn't stopping, it's not doing it in the first place.
Danieldv77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #10
TheMagicPotato
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldv77 View Post
:o/ Impossible to stop how? The solution is rather simple; don't do anything that might give personal information away to others. This includes taking pictures of yourself specifically for others. The problem isn't stopping, it's not doing it in the first place.
Yes.

The best way to avoid this is not giving pics or too personal info.
Old December 30th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #11
Juliarules832
Nice Poster

Name: Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPotato View Post
Yes.

The best way to avoid this is not giving pics or too personal info.
Well said Giving pics to someone on the internet is never a good idea.

13 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:53 PM   #12
boy05
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldv77 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

I said it was imposiible to stop because a file he sent (chat program for sending videos etc) had a trojan in it and he was able to spy on me using my comp and found out my real name and contacts. Also my web cam worked without the light being on and he threatened to send videos he took of me to friends if i didn't keep doing what he wanted.

I was stupid for being taken in in first place, and have learned my lesson the hardest way possible
Old December 31st, 2017, 02:39 PM   #13
max02
Member+

max02's Forum Picture

Name: maximilian

i don't understand why people over 19 are allowed to be on here. this place is literally for teens. i can understand moderators being older, but why would anyone in their twenties be on here for any other reason but you know what?
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2017, 03:20 PM   #14
TheMagicPotato
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy05 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

I said it was imposiible to stop because a file he sent (chat program for sending videos etc) had a trojan in it and he was able to spy on me using my comp and found out my real name and contacts. Also my web cam worked without the light being on and he threatened to send videos he took of me to friends if i didn't keep doing what he wanted.

I was stupid for being taken in in first place, and have learned my lesson the hardest way possible
You got scammed, and It's a shame. Although, you should have been more careful, but, he tried to take advantage of you and he infringed the law.

IF you know, who this guy is... Report him immediately to the law authorities, believe me, they do not take cases like yours like a joke.
Old December 31st, 2017, 10:53 PM   #15
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Name: Sven

Quote:
You got scammed, and It's a shame. Although, you should have been more careful, but, he tried to take advantage of you and he infringed the law.

IF you know, who this guy is... Report him immediately to the law authorities, believe me, they do not take cases like yours like a joke.
Yeah, let's find out where this bloke lives and gice him a good beating too for that matter lol

Just a person who loves to play and watch sports.

Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 12:35 AM   #16
kro814
Member++

Name: Kevin

A lesson for everyone is to never send pictures. The internet is forever.
kro814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 08:21 AM   #17
zzzzzzzzzz
Banned

zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
i don't understand why people over 19 are allowed to be on here. this place is literally for teens. i can understand moderators being older, but why would anyone in their twenties be on here for any other reason but you know what?
If you put in an age of 20 or above when registering, users are usually fairly quickly banned when noticed by mods (or reported by other users). I think IDs are frozen until their 13th birthday if someone registers is still only 12. Due to the fact the site has been here a number of years, there are users that are now in their twenties that joined in their teens. I think the current policy is that nothing is done as these users are either viewed as trusted, or the fact that people would by that point move on with their lives. I don't know if that is worth reviewing as what to do with users upon hitting 20 such as locking them down or banning them. I wander if that is a question for another thread, or if that has been answered already
zzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 08:30 AM   #18
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
If you put in an age of 20 or above when registering, users are usually fairly quickly banned when noticed by mods (or reported by other users). I think IDs are frozen until their 13th birthday if someone registers is still only 12. Due to the fact the site has been here a number of years, there are users that are now in their twenties that joined in their teens. I think the current policy is that nothing is done as these users are either viewed as trusted, or the fact that people would by that point move on with their lives. I don't know if that is worth reviewing as what to do with users upon hitting 20 such as locking them down or banning them. I wander if that is a question for another thread, or if that has been answered already
Yep, @zzzzzzzzzz is correct. If people register over the age of 20 (or admit to being over 20), they get banned straight away, and people who register under 13 get frozen until they turn 13 (so they can come back). Yes there are users who are over 20, but they are all responsible, and it's not like they're here until their late 20s, most move on around 22/23. It's not fair just to ban someone just because they've turned 20.

But to answer the general point of this thread, please just report people who send you messages like these and we'll act upon them. As said above as well, please be careful with who you talk to and who you send your personal details to.

Global Moderator
am i who i'm meant to be?

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 08:49 AM   #19
TheMagicPotato
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
Yep, @zzzzzzzzzz is correct. If people register over the age of 20 (or admit to being over 20), they get banned straight away, and people who register under 13 get frozen until they turn 13 (so they can come back). Yes there are users who are over 20, but they are all responsible, and it's not like they're here until their late 20s, most move on around 22/23. It's not fair just to ban someone just because they've turned 20.

But to answer the general point of this thread, please just report people who send you messages like these and we'll act upon them. As said above as well, please be careful with who you talk to and who you send your personal details to.
It's not fair indeed to ban a respectable guy that just turned 20.

Just imagine:

-Wow, this dude is a responsible and trustworthy guy. Let's make him a mod. How old is he?

-He just turned twenty.

-Nah, ban him right away.
Old January 1st, 2018, 12:33 PM   #20
boy05
Junior Member+

Quote:

Thanks, I have tried to find out but of course he is very clever, using the "Dark Web" and I have no idea how to find him, like through an IP. I have been told it's impossible?