Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 31st, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1
Sarax

Name: Sarah
Default Is it enough?

Ok, I NEED to loose a stone and a half! I'm eating one small meal a day at lunch time and nothing else, I keep fluids up with tea, no sugar and water. Is this enough to loose the weight quick enough?!? I'm worrying it's not but at same time don't want to get really I'll
Sarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Default Re: Is it enough?

You will lose weight quickly this way.
It isn't good for you but it will work.
I advise taking a multivitamin with your meal to make sure you still get some nutrition.

I would more strongly advise you eat more than you actually are.
If you want to lose weight healthily then try eating regularly - they say that eating every 3-4 hours is the optimum for your metabolism.
So, try having a bigger breakfast, then a piece of fruit, then have a decent size lunch, then have another fruit snack, then have dinner and another fruit snack. Of course drink plenty of water as well.

A higher metabolism means you use up more energy. The knock on effect of this is that you lose weight.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Katrina
Member++

Katrina's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina

As Sapphire said, you have to increase the amount of your eating.
Weight loss and dieting are two words which people don't like to hear, overweight or not. Images of intense work out regimes and trying to stick to strict, bland diets are some of the things that come to mind when those words are spoken.
But it's not hard to loose weight and it shouldn't be. It should be fun and easy to loose weight. Here's 7 simple steps to make loosing weight fun and easy.

1) Exercise in the morning before you eat breakfast Research has shown you'll burn three times more body fat working out during the morning than out at any other time of day.

I'm not talking about doing 100 push up with one hand behind your back, take it slow and easy. Do a few toe touches or arm curls with 5 pound weights each morning. The key here is easy and fun.

Though, you need to perform both resistance and cardio workouts so get your cardio in by taking a walk or jog to the park or around your neighborhood with your favorite tunes playing on your walkman or ipod. Believe it or not your body will continue to burn fat even after you're done excising so be sure to eat a full breakfast to get your energy levels back up.

2) Stay hydrated by drinking water.
Drink lots of water all day long from the time you wake up to when you go to bed. Drink 8-16 glasses filtered or bottled water a day. That may sound like a lot but after your morning workout you will probably drink one or two glasses of water.
Not only is water good for you, but it also flushes out harmful toxins in the body, increases your metabolism which will help you burn fat and keeps your skin completion clear.

3) Do light resistance training before cardio workouts
During the first 20 minutes of any exercise, your body will burn not any body fat. To counter this fact during the first 20 minutes of a workout do some stretching or warm-ups. Stretching and warm ups are important for exercises because it will help your muscles loosen up and prevent you from having any cramps and kinks the next day. It will also help increase your metabolism which will help you burn the fat.

4) Eat Breakfast
Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day but it will also boost your metabolism and give you the energy you need to burn fat. Eating a healthy and hearty breakfast will help put a stop to the cravings during the day so you won't find yourself snacking in between meals.

5) Change your mindset
People who are battling with weight (and even those who aren't) often compare themselves with others. Don't fall into this trap because you will never feel you stack up to the competition enough. Low self-esteem will lead you down the road to emotional trouble and will prevent you from reaching your goal. People are genetically different and therefore will lose weight in different amounts of time. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Be your own person and stick to your own target weight. Weight loss is not a race or a competition, the only person you're competing against is yourself.

6) Change your lifestyle
If you normally drive to work take the train and walk to the station. Take up some dancing classes or sign up some classes in a sport of your interest. This will not only get you exercising but doing these activities will also help you meet new people. Remember, loose weight easily while having fun.

7) Take before and after photos
While this may be hard for some people as they shy away from cameras at gatherings and it may not be easy to see yourself overweight. However, there is no easier way to see the progress your making than by taking before and after weight loss images. After you reach your target weight you won't be able to keep yourself away from cameras. You'll want to show everyone what you achieved.

In addition to helping your self development before and after weight loss images serve as a good reminder of how much you have achieved and can achieve if you set your mind to your goals.

By following these 7 simple steps to loosing weight you'll be on your way to your desired weight.

Regards
Katrina

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.
Katrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl

that will only make you gain weight in the long run when you do eat. because the food you do take in your body will hold onto it because your starving it. i did this. i weighed 112 lbs. i started ating normally and i weigh 107 lbs now.
Don't starve youself it never works. please... get help it could decelope into anoerexia.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Sarax

Ok thanks for all replies, I'd like to say I'm NOT starving myself tho! I'm still eating a meal a day like I said to start with, considering this is keeping hunger at bay I would say that I'm eating enough, Xx
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:43 PM   #6
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

This is better suited to VT General Hospital
Aspiringanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Wtficus
Banned

Name: Conor

In stead of starving yourself, you should do this this thing called exercise, and eat healthier.
Wtficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Sarax

Ok, again... I would not say I'm starving myself! And I exercise sh*t loads.. My life evolves being outside being physically active!
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM   #9
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarax View Post
Ok, again... I would not say I'm starving myself! And I exercise sh*t loads.. My life evolves being outside being physically active!
If you are exercising a lot, then you should eat more carbs. Eating only one meal a day will not help you lose weight. Eat right and exercise is your best bet,
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM   #10
Hollywood
Still Here

Hollywood's Forum Picture

Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarax View Post
Ok thanks for all replies, I'd like to say I'm NOT starving myself tho! I'm still eating a meal a day like I said to start with, considering this is keeping hunger at bay I would say that I'm eating enough, Xx
thats good, starving yourself is dangerous. just follow everyone elses advice and you'll do just fine.

val
I am Elysium, Lord and Master's special snowflake bitch
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote