Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 12th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #1
HellHound
Member++

HellHound's Forum Picture

Name: Bogdan
Default Underweight

Ok so based on my bmi im slightly underweight.the thing is i can see my ribs and hate it.The other thing is that even if im very strong i have the arms thinner than most girls. I also have a fast metabolism so im like a bottomless trash can. can anyone give advice and won't tell me to see a doctor?
HellHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Katrina
Member++

Katrina's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina
Default Re: Underweight

• Start with this http://nutrition.about.com/od/change...a/calguide.htm to find out how many calories you will need to reach the weight you desire.
  • Use a food diary to track your calorie intake to be sure you are getting all of the calories and foods that you need.
  • Breakfast with an extra slice of whole-grain toast and peanut butter.
  • Mid-morning and afternoon snacks should be nutritious, not junk. Trail mixes contain healthy nuts, dried fruits and can add healthy calories to your diet.
  • Don't add calories to your meals by choosing unhealthy fried foods such as french fries, chicken nuggets and fish sticks. Choose healthy foods such as baked potatoes, baked chicken and fish, just make your portions a bit bigger.
  • Keep your meals balanced. One meal should have a healthy protein source such as fish, low fat meat, chicken or legumes plus two or three servings of vegetables. Green vegetables add lots of vitamins and phyto-nutrients while starchy potatoes and corn add extra calories.
  • Drink healthy beverages such as milk and fruit juices to add calories. Don't choose sugary sodas, which only add calories and no nutrition.
  • Design a weight training program.

Regards
Katrina

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.
Katrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl

definately seek professional hun
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #4
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Moved to VT General Hospital.

As stated above, a main aspect of increasing weight is having a diet high in carbohydrates. Make sure though, that your diet is a healthy one and is mixed with regular exercise.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote