Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 25th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #1
curtiszor

curtiszor's Forum Picture

Name: Curtis
Default Social Anxiety Disorder?

Hi over the last couple of years ive had a phobia of eating in public or even with 4 or 5 other people. After awhile i realized it was really affecting my life. If i do eat in public i start to sweat a lot! Do you think this is socal anxiety disorder? It has gotten so bad that i wouldnt go out with my parents or friends anywhere to eat for months. If you have no idea what this is check this out!http://socialanxietydisorder.about.c...a/overview.htm

PM Me if you want too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L View Post
i'm still a bit stupid, *shoves a pillow down pants*
curtiszor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #2
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Default Re: Social Anxiety Disorder?

We can't tell you if it is or isn't SAD, see a professional.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #3
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August

I would talk to your school psychologist about that. It's probably some sort of nervousness, or anxiety disorder. Not so much as an eating disorder.
Mr. Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #4
soniyajack

Name: soniyajack

Social anxiety disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people fear social situations where they might be embarrassed or judged. When put in a social situation where they might become anxious sufferers have symptoms such as a racing heart, trembling, blushing or even sweating. This anxiety disorder is not uncommon by any stretch of the imagination — some sources say it affects more than five million Americans any given year.
soniyajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #5
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie

I would try discussing this with a school counselor. I know how it feels to be self conscious about eating in public. the way i eat i really don't think it would be a good idea and that's all i have to say about that. To answer your question your not alone just talk to someone about it. i hope this helped

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

I've been diagnosed with SAD. It's those little quirks that people don't understand that gets me. I can't sit at certain places of a table, or a movie theatre (at a table in school, I can't sit at the head of a table, and I can't sit in the middle of a theatre.) I also have to have something in my lap or on my desk. I feel very exposed when I don't have my bag blocking most of my body. I feel like every person is looking at me, every laugh is toward me, every comment and smile, and I can't convince myself otherwise.
Just little situations that I usually freak out in.

I understand the not liking eating in public. I do it anyway, but usually in public I barely eat even a fourth of my normal portion I eat at home. I feel fuller quicker when eating in public, and usually my food choices vary.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:04 PM   #7
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songül

i have social anxiety disorder and i'm afraid to eat in public too.... it's weird... PM me i you ever wnat to vent or tlk... i'd suggest seeeking professional help
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #8
peytoncyras
Banned

Name: peyton

Social anxiety disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people fear social situations where they might be embarrassed or judged. When put in a social situation where they might become anxious sufferers have symptoms such as a racing heart, trembling, blushing or even sweating. This anxiety disorder is not uncommon by any stretch of the imagination — some sources say it affects more than five million Americans any given year.

A diagnosis of Social Anxiety Disorder can indicate either a “specific disorder” or a “general disorder”. A specific disorder is when only some particular situations cause social anxiety. A generalized social anxiety disorder typically involves a persistent, intense, and chronic fear of being judged by others and of potentially being embarrassed or humiliated by their own actions.
peytoncyras is offline   Reply With Quote