Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > The Psychiatric Ward > Eating Disorders
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old June 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #1
alissa123

Default getting ur period

k i havent had my period since nov. 04 ive been suffering from bulimia since summer 04. i got as low as 100 pounds then i went 2 visit my aunt and grandma 4 a month and got up 2 120 but my period still didn't come back.
im now bout 110 but i was wondering if there is any way 2 get it back cus i gained weight and it still didn't come back. any advice?
alissa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Re: getting ur period

Hmmm... I'm hoping and assuming you have never contracted an STD. Now one of my friends just doesn't have her period regularly. It could be something like that... Or...

It looks like if you are underweight, then your body cannot support ovulation and therefore, you don't have your period. I would suggest gaining more weight and keep it on. If you gain weight, then wait a week, and give up on it and lose that weight, your body will not take to it. Give it some time. Try to gain up to 120 at the very least, but if it still doesn't show, then try keeping that weight and simply drink more fluids (they have magical powers ).

Hope that helps!

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

Fiending_the_freedom's Forum Picture

Name: Tegan

what you have to do is go to a doctor.
if its your first year having your period its normal to skip a few months, but 7 months is too much, something is seriously wrong. no matter what, GO TELL YOUR DOCTOR!

W a r n i n g: Too Many Thoughts Could Lead To An Explosion.

--Tegan
Fiending_the_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #4
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

ThePhantom's Forum Picture

Its bul geek ... doctors cant do c r a p

See a counselor

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/Phantomsig.png
Gay. Vegetarian. Atheist.
www.alexoxford.com
Private message me for cognitive therapy.
I am going to major in social psychology.
*Like What i have to say? Click the scale to the left!*
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #5
LIsailer19
Member++

LIsailer19's Forum Picture

how old r u? depending on ur age, your period may vary..... i'm a guy so i dont know much about this but you should def see a doctor.
LIsailer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #6
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

when i wasn't getting mine, they put me on birth control nd it started to go back to normal

--Tegan
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #7
alissa123

yeah my aunt said she wanted me 2 go on birth control but im scared that i'll gain weight, did u? i mean are there any side effects? i dont really like taking pills unless i have 2 but if i'll get my period back i guess i could take them. how long after u started taking them did ur period start?
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #8
MegPerc725

birth control pills probably won't make you gain weight.

also, the horomones that cause your period (estrogen) are stored in fat. that sounds bad, but it isn't. women natrually have a layer of fat under their skin so they can store this horomone, and have kids. if there isn't enough fat on a woman's body, then the horomones have no where to be stored, so they disappear.

you should see a doctor to see what he/she says about you going on birth control

Peace out loves,

Meg
MegPerc725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #9
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

you dont gain weight but your boobs get bigger.

--Tegan
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #10
Physicist
Banned

Physicist's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom
Its bul geek ... doctors cant do c r a p

See a counselor
Nice to see your still so helpful, Alex.

First, if it was your first or one of your first periods the last time you had it then don't worry, that's part of growing up. If you are older and at one time had a steady period (regularly once a month) then you may need to be worried. Once you get to a steady healthy weight and after a significant amount of time (I'd say half a year or year at least) you should go to a gynaecologist or doctor (possibly even endocrinologist) and make sure everything is working and you havn't gotten any STD's or didn't damage anything when you were bullemic.
Physicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #11
infra_red
Junior Member+

infra_red's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa123
k i havent had my period since nov. 04 ive been suffering from bulimia since summer 04. i got as low as 100 pounds then i went 2 visit my aunt and grandma 4 a month and got up 2 120 but my period still didn't come back.
im now bout 110 but i was wondering if there is any way 2 get it back cus i gained weight and it still didn't come back. any advice?
When people get anorexia, their period stops and the majority does come back in time. Some peoples periods take as much as three years to come back so maybe it has somethng to do with that. You said you suffered from bulimia which could have made you gain less weight than intended but I personally feel the period problem is not something to worry about. If this problem persists for longer than three years, maybe you should see a doc to see if they have any advice or information. If you still have bulimia...i feel you should stop as some people suffer dramatcically from that and can even end up in hospital from severe cases. I hope your problem is solved
infra_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #12
alissa123

im 18, i used 2 get my period regurarly (it started when i was 10). i know i don't have any stds cus im still a virgin.... so its definetly cus of my bulimia. i remember i started binging/purging cus i didnt wanna b fat, then i started doing it jus bcus it made feel better if iwas sad or angry, now i jus do it 3 times a day because its become a habit. i cant even remember what it feels like NOT being buimic. i tried the whole counsler thing but it didnt work she jus got on my nerves( when i told her that my mom's an alcoholic she told me that it was my word against my mom and that she couldnt jus choose 1 side. hello!!!! if ur MY counsler shouldnt u trust me? how am i supposed trust u 2 help me if u dont even believe me? plus she didnt even know anything bout bulimia) so yeah that was bout a year ago.. and i never wanna c a counsler again, but i dont wanna live the rest of my life like this. i jus wish there was a way i could b thin and b able 2 eat normally. im so scared right now cus july 4th im going 2 visit my family in italy and last summer they made me gain 20 pounds, i love it in italy but i was counting the days till i came back here jus so i could purge everything and b thin again.
Old June 18th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #13
mRojas2000
Fake *A d m i n

mRojas2000's Forum Picture

Name: Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa123
im 18, i used 2 get my period regurarly (it started when i was 10). i know i don't have any stds cus im still a virgin.... so its definetly cus of my bulimia. i remember i started binging/purging cus i didnt wanna b fat, then i started doing it jus bcus it made feel better if iwas sad or angry, now i jus do it 3 times a day because its become a habit. i cant even remember what it feels like NOT being buimic. i tried the whole counsler thing but it didnt work she jus got on my nerves( when i told her that my mom's an alcoholic she told me that it was my word against my mom and that she couldnt jus choose 1 side. hello!!!! if ur MY counsler shouldnt u trust me? how am i supposed trust u 2 help me if u dont even believe me? plus she didnt even know anything bout bulimia) so yeah that was bout a year ago.. and i never wanna c a counsler again, but i dont wanna live the rest of my life like this. i jus wish there was a way i could b thin and b able 2 eat normally. im so scared right now cus july 4th im going 2 visit my family in italy and last summer they made me gain 20 pounds, i love it in italy but i was counting the days till i came back here jus so i could purge everything and b thin again.

WHERE IN ITALY!? i live there... i used to live in america, and when i got here, i lost weight...

Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

~Harrie's proud brother!~

VT Veteran
mRojas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #14
alissa123

siracusa, sicily. where did u live? r u italian? its weird though, they eat pasta and bread but almost every person ive seen is really skinny. every time my sister and i saw some1 who was overweight we were shocked!lol
Old June 19th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #15
mRojas2000
Fake *A d m i n

lol... well thats WAAAAY far from me.. i live in the north, in a city caller Parma... you know parmesan cheese?? they do it here im not italian, im american but i live here... well, ive heard it is because here people are used to eat ALOT, so they eat and eat and eat but they dont get fat... because my mom its not italian, she doesnt cook like them, and i dont get fat... in america, it was my grandma who would cook, and because she cooks awsome...

VT Veteran
Old June 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #16
alissa123

so how long jave u been living in parma? and how did u end up there?
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:02 AM   #17
mRojas2000
Fake *A d m i n

I've been here for about a year... my mom and her husband decided to come here because they have some friends here, and then helped them at the beggining... you can read my introduction here: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6780

VT Veteran