Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #1
StateRights
Banned

Default why do people complain about their lives when there are people worse off then them?

ok. so your boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with you. be sad. but why do people think they are depressed at that? or if a few kids pick on you at school.

i am sad sometimes just like everyone else but there are starving babies and families in south america, africa and asia that have way worse lifes than you as you at least have xcess to the internet and live in a comfortable rich country like america, australia, canada and europe and britain were your not recruited by child armies 2 shoot your parents and you have freedom of speech most of the time

you have operatunities to go to school and college and if u work hard enough become a doctor or lawyer and earn a good salary. u have protection from the police.

some people in the world have no hope at a good life and only live 2 eat scraps and drink dirty water so remember that next time u are cryin over your bf/gf leaving you

I'm just being brutally honest here

Last edited by StateRights; January 20th, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Kahn
Publius

Kahn's Forum Picture

Name: Adam
Default Re: why do people complain about their lives when there are people worse off then the

Maybe they complain about those things but how do you know the whole story? Maybe they are abused and sometimes people don't want to talk about that because it is a terrifying experience.

And when people are depressed-which is not a fun experience- why would they think about the others in South America or anywhere that are starving. We know there is somebody that is worse off than us but this is our life. If we can't feel a certain thing because there is someone else worse off don't you think that is odd? If I can't feel sad that my Grandfather just died a few weeks ago because of someone else about half the world away that would just be considered odd to me. I don't agree with anything you said except that there is always an opportunity open for you. You just have to know when you take it.

~Adam

"I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy."

VT Daily Chronicle Contributer
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #3
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Default Re: why do people complain about their lives when there are people worse off then the

"Any problem in life is challenging to the one who is dealing with it and shouldn't be downplayed just because someone else out there seems to have it worse."

Third thread that's offensive & arrogant.

Troll IMHO.

If not, extremely insensitive & clearly doesn't know what it's like to suffer from mental health illnesses/disorders, especially severely so, or apparently suffer from abuse/neglect/rape/sexual abuse/molest/grief/etc.

People feel shit enough about themselves, they don't need people like you making it worse.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Quick_Sylver
I Am Who Was

Quick_Sylver's Forum Picture

Name: Niko/Sylver

You'd be surprised how many of them do know that.However, we are human and we have a number 1 basis, most live by. Also to help others you must help yourself. It's their choice. Sometimes they can't help to complain. It's better than them killing themselves, no?

You may want to stop being arrogant to assume you know everything that happened. For all you know the reason their g/f, b/f, partner left was because they committed suicide. Or as Adam said are abused. Or harming. You do not know everything that goes on. No one tells the whole story. Ever.

Maybe you should think about that a couple times over. Then try and be arrogant enough to assume what's going on in people's personal lives. For all you know they could have been raped by their partner. Or sexually abused as a child. THINK before you open your mouth chico. Or you're going to end up gone pretty fast.

~Secrasi

Thank you Siobhan <3
Connor: We're not mean, you're just Canadian.
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl

i find this post offensive.... you have no idea what goes on in people's lives.... you have no idea what hells they've experienced and been through.... i agree with both Becky and Aimee.. no one tells the whole story... they leave things out.... because whne they bring it up... all the pain just comes right back.... this post really upsets me...
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #6
2D
Banned

You, sir, are so ignorant that it saddens me.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #7
BlackBetty
Awesome Poster

BlackBetty's Forum Picture

Name: Ask Me :)

When someone looses someone that is really close to them and they are going through a hard time, don't you think you would be upset too?? When people loose the only thing they got close to them, they have a reason to be upset.

And for the people that don't have food in the world, there is programs out there for them to get help on buying food and baby formula. It's just that people have too much pride in there self and can't lower there gate to go get the help that they need.

You really do have problems. It seems like Trolling to me.

~John~
"Better to beg than to steal, but better to work than to beg"-Grandma Topper
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

I am so offended by this post! of course people know about the bad things that happen in the world and to others. but what about ourselves Are we supposed to suppres our feelings just because something worse happened to someone else. people like you sicken me. you sit Up there on your pedestal judging others but if these things happened to you, you would also be depressed and would complain of how life is unfair! you need to wake up and face reality! you have no idea how destructive this post could be to someone severely depressed. what right have you to judge us? and while you wrote this post you could have being doing something constructive like helping someone in need. instead of bitching. you need to get off your pedestal and take a look around. you joined vt the people on here in my opinion Are amazing in how they seek help and advice and how they help others they don't need someone like you telling them that venting things that Are hurting them is wrong because its not. you Are wrong.

you need to take a deep breath get off your pedestal and open your eyes.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #9
Mental

Mental's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

This kid is either insecure and depressed himself so he covers it up by making these sort of threads and posts (I'm sure everyone's read his ROTW, self-harm and anorexia posts and threads) or he's obviously never had to worry about a thing in his life and thinks he is in the position to promote that "tough guy" ideological crap.

Old January 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #10
MysticalBurrito
VT Lover

MysticalBurrito's Forum Picture

Name: Sir Burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental View Post
This kid is either insecure and depressed himself so he covers it up by making these sort of threads and posts (I'm sure everyone's read his ROTW, self-harm and anorexia posts and threads) or he's obviously never had to worry about a thing in his life and thinks he is in the position to promote that "tough guy" ideological crap.
Qft.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #11
haibekah

haibekah's Forum Picture

Name: bekah

narcissism at it's best.

i'll knock that shit-eating grin right off your face.
now that's sacred.

i have blogs. check 'em.
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #12
OnlyByTheNight.
Awesome Poster

OnlyByTheNight.'s Forum Picture

Name: Steve! =)

im sorry, correct me if im wrong here, but are you saying that just because there are people in parts of the world who are extremely badly off that people in the 'rich countries' are not ALLOWED to be depressed?? cause thats sure as hell what it sounds like!

~Failure is not falling down, it's not getting back up again~

~Laura was here~
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #13
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
You, sir, are so ignorant that it saddens me.
I only needed to look at the Obama thread and read a few of his posts to know that :/

Quote:
im sorry, correct me if im wrong here, but are you saying that just because there are people in parts of the world who are extremely badly off that people in the 'rich countries' are not ALLOWED to be depressed?? cause thats sure as hell what it sounds like!
I got that impression as well
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Mal
Member+

I was going to post something productive, then I remembered who you are and decided not to bother since you'd just ignore it.

Do us all a favour and stop making threads about things you haven't got a fucking clue about.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #15
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Name: Alexandria

Offensive much? Really, think before typing.

Just because there are people who have it worse doesn't mean we cant be depressed. You don't know peoples lives, you don't know what they had to go through. And do you really think America is that rich? You ever heard of wall street? And the economy? Rich is the wrong word. People here have it pretty bad too.

And if you are referring to Haiti. Yeah there doing really bad right now. But their getting help. I even donated money to help. And not all parts are poor. Haiti has some beautiful sights and buildings. Not all of the west is poor buddy. Do your research before you assume.

Quote:
u have protection from the police
Hmmm... A few days ago a police raped a 4 year old girl in my city. I don't feel that protected.

You have some problems and you need to get them straightened out before you start another ignorant thread.

Last edited by Hatsune Miku; January 20th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #16
Sheekthief

Name: Zack

Well, due to the ignorance from you maan.. I'll clear and educate your poor little mind.

Yes, there are dying babies and loads of people who are in FAR more critical condition, some even life threatening.. But thats why high currency and well respected countries are helping and doing "Charities", "Help Funds", and collecting Donations to help recover and relieve people, people from the damage of what happens around the world, etc.. It takes a heart and a great person to open up and help those who are desperately in need.

War? you wanna talk about war on a forum? dude, War is basically in general sick, disgusting, crucial and life ending in basically all forms (Mentally, Physically, etc..) the things that goes on in war and how you take actions to what comes around and about you. Perhaps you should consider learning more about war and realizing that war is never fun, is never cool or interesting, and no one can really sit down and honestly explain and describe to the world why "War" happens. So, lets end the whole "War" topic right here, and as far as recruiting children and stuff, thats OLD maan, yes it still goes on some places, but you hardly ever notice or see it, as the world takes spins and changes over time.

Living in a Rich Country.. Please describe to me what a "Rich Country" is to you. Yes, Canada and the United States, and many other countries are all high in currency and stuff, but.. you gotta look at things more for a individual persons perspective, a country is only as rich as the government will allow it to be, meaning by that, the government of a country must and or well should be well educated and be able to maintain and do whats right for a country. Wither it be decreasing the "Land" to add more buildings and more places for jobs, homes, and ways to bring people together, Or wither it be doing "Country Support-Allie" meaning by that my good friend.. do GOOD DEEDS for other countries so that they can see and support that one country in return. "It's easy spending money, But making and maintaining money.. Is the hassle"

Education.. I'd really rather not talk about education, but all i can and will say is. EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE has and deserves the right for a properly maintained, well structured education.. Schools, Colleges, Universities, all those support students as they all watch ones grades and watch how one will act and respond to the environment around them.

To the point of my reply from here is.. We all get sad, and we all get depressed. But, what makes depression and sadness serious is how we all individually see and take things. Fuck, things can be as simple as snapping your fingers to solve, and some can be heart breaking to hear and take in. Depression is caused from almost EVERYTHING now a days.. and from how i personally see and take depression, it's all depending how one takes the matter and who is around that one person to support/help them.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #17
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Ok lets recap ok so ur saying i have no right to be depressed because someone out their has it worse then me? YOU ARE WRONG because ya i do care what happens in the 3rd world and places like it.

In fact i have fundraised for it numerous times and continue too. I am part of an organization that does work in those countries its called THE RED CROSS you know what that is dont u? and i will be traveling there to giv medical aid when i am old enough. I have wrote numerous articles for online magazines for aid and i am also going to sign up for the cheyrnoble initiative and bring children from there to live with me for the summers when i am old enough. Oh and i also donate my own money to appeals for aid for those in need.

So ya, NOW do i qualify as being aware enough and active enough in helping out those who have it worse then me? Am i allowed to be down and complain about my own life yet?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #18
DrkZ90
Banned

Thumbs down Re: why do people complain about their lives when there are people worse off then the

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateRights View Post
ok. so your boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with you. be sad. but why do people think they are depressed at that? or if a few kids pick on you at school.

i am sad sometimes just like everyone else but there are starving babies and families in south america, africa and asia that have way worse lifes than you as you at least have xcess to the internet and live in a comfortable rich country like america, australia, canada and europe and britain were your not recruited by child armies 2 shoot your parents and you have freedom of speech most of the time

you have operatunities to go to school and college and if u work hard enough become a doctor or lawyer and earn a good salary. u have protection from the police.

some people in the world have no hope at a good life and only live 2 eat scraps and drink dirty water so remember that next time u are cryin over your bf/gf leaving you

So, since I'm from a third world country in South America I'm allowed to be depressed? BS!

"child armies"? don't you ever dare to call terrorist groups like the ones here armies unless you've been here and suffered in any way from them.

I actually feel sorry for you, you seem to be a very materialist person... just FYI, MONEY DOESN'T BUY HAPPINESS... just because you are from a developed country doesn't mean you MUST be happy, cause that's simply not true...

Also, we have plenty of freedom of speech, thank you very much, that's probably not true in countries like Venezuela with the tyrant they have as president but that's a whole different story...

One last thing, let me tell you something... most poor people are poor because they want to... because instead of saving money and getting better jobs, they are conformist with whatever job they get as long as they get money to eat and drink beer, that and the fact that poor families are usually the ones with the most kids...
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #19
BlackBetty
Awesome Poster

BlackBetty's Forum Picture

Name: Ask Me :)

Also, FYI: I am in Junior Civitans club at my school and I do help the people in need in our area and sourounding.!

~John~
"Better to beg than to steal, but better to work than to beg"-Grandma Topper
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #20
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Name: Calum

Quote:
Your also being brutally Stupid and arrogant
actually get your facts right before storming in here accusing people

So how about instead of pissing everyone off why dont you go read a book so you actually understand the shit your talking about

Depression can actaully be diagnosed
so just because there are people in worse shit
doesnt mean people can be free from depression
and theres alot worse shit to trigger it than a break up

And judging by that first comment you have no clue what its actuaully liked to be bullied
so also go read up on that to before coming here to try and wage an argument against the people who actually know what were talking about

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction
Oh of course. I so want you now.

~Laura was here~
~Jessi wasn't here but she should have been ~
Closed Thread