Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #1
aloginnp

Name: Alicia
Question

I heard voices for two and a half weeks and then they just stopped. Is that Acute Paranoid Schizophrenia, and does that mean it's going to happen again if it has already happened once? I always wondered what it felt like to "go crazy." Now, I know how it feels. It was this immense pain and it felt like a tape playing over and over in my head, because some things would sound the same, but other words I couldn't make out or they would be trying to tell me things that other people might be thinking about me or whatever else. I learned to simply ignore it. I told myself not to believe what I heard and then it went away. As long as I didn't react, or respond to it I turned out to be okay. But, I find the experience so weird, and there is not really anyone here who can understand what it is that I've gone through. I need to talk to someone who has had similar experiences. My experience is much more complicated than I even posted. I thought the experience was scary, because it doesn't feel like it's all in your head. Although, it is; meaning it is in your control. It just feels so weird, though. And, what I mean by saying it is in your control is to not give it control. It seemed the more afraid I became of the voices the more profound they became in my mind. So, maybe ignoring them would work or has worked for others as well?

My email is [email protected] if anyone wants to talk further about this.

Last edited by aloginnp; January 10th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
aloginnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #2
Permanence
Banned

Default Re: Heard voices for two and a half weeks.. then they just stopped..

It is possible to have just a brief psychotic episode without it developing into full blown schizophrenia. This sounds like what it is.

I would consider seeing a mental health professional should it happen again, if not straight away. The earlier you nip this in the bud, the better.
Permanence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Cain1013

Cain1013's Forum Picture

Default Re: Heard voices for two and a half weeks.. then they just stopped..

I agree seems like your the more extreme side of what happens when I heard this really loud noise (brother) I was hearing things for weeks, lol. It's probably wisest to go to the doctor or psychiatric guy (sorry for stupidity) and really sorry if I'm late to answer. Head aches seem like you might need to just rest in a room without anything louder than a mild talk for a wile, at least thats what I did, but you don't have to be excessive or even do it.
Just saying
Cain1013 is offline   Reply With Quote