Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #1
BrunetteBaby1131

BrunetteBaby1131's Forum Picture

Default Lifestyle Anorexia

I'm semi-anorexic.
I would be anorexic if I didn't have so many caring friends.
But here's the thing...
A lot of websites say Anorexia is a lifestyle that some ppl choose to live.
And thats sorta the way I see it.
If I wanna have self control and not eat a lot and not get fat, isn't that my choice?

My real question is: Am I just using this to make myself feel better? This lifestyle thing....is it just an attempt by me and others to make something thats not ok seem ok?
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #2
ddominator123

ddominator123's Forum Picture

Default Re: Lifestyle Anorexia

hun this isn't a good thing, in health we are watching stuff about this. There is no semi-anorexic its you are or your not. there is no inbetween wether you want to admit it or not. This is a bad thing. in health we are watching a movie about this. how anorexic girls get severe scholiosis or something a spinal cord crap that can ruin your life. plus there digestive shit dont work and its all bad news. nothing is good from this. every day after school ill work out with you ill do whatever you want i just want you to be ok. ask me im here. plz just dont do this. its not right. i mean how would you feel if i did this? ask yourself if this can hurt you or not. Try having the self control thing by limiting the amount that you eat. not by not eating period. like one bowl of cerial in the morning or one plate of food for dinner or something just dont hurt yourself. dont be afraid to ask me for help
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #3
XKissMeElectric

Katie!
I don't know what to say except you dont need to not eat. Your tiny anyways and even if your just "watching what you eat" then at least EAT! Eat healthy if you must but eat. Not eating fucks you up big time....
I Love You!

Harlequin Girl
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Elscire
VT Lover

Elscire's Forum Picture

there's nothing wrong about eating too much especially in puberty because we're all growing.
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #5
BrunetteBaby1131

BrunetteBaby1131's Forum Picture

I don't eat too much...I don't eat at all...
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #6
Xx ANGELL xX

Xx ANGELL xX's Forum Picture

i think that being aneorexic is a lifestyle that u choose, but u need to get SOME fuel into ur body SOMEtimes atleast, idk how u can just not eat cuz i can only go 2 and a half days without eating then i get severe, SEVERE stomach pains and cramps..

www.myspace.com/stillnotoveru
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM   #7
lolly_manson

Urgh, I hate it when someone says it`s our choise. The sites which say that are sites for PRO-ANAS. But being a pro-ana isn`t being an anorexic... I think that pro-anas (which means people who use tricks, `cause they WANT to be anorexics) are just people who choose to starve, `cause they have problems and think hunger will help. Or maybe just ppl, who want to be thin for the good looking. But real anorexics are different. I`ve read that research, although not yet definitive, has shown that Anorexia Nervosa is most likely a Neurobiological illnes which also has probable Genetic link as well. In patients with Anorexia Nervosa there appears to be an excess of the seretonin receptor 5HT1A, which is associated with anxiety, mood, disturbances and impulse control and a decreased level of seretonin receptor 5HT which is associated with the regulation of mood and appetite. It is theorised that starvation acts as a form of self medication to try and balance out these irregularities in brain chemistry. Other research has identified a possible casual link between increased levels of the neuroreceptor Dopamine & associated obsessive compulsive behaviour, and the identification of a Gene which is believed to predispose someone to Anorexia Nervosa... In simple words - Anorexia is in our DNA, so I think that doesn`t make it our choise. I, personally, have been through 2 fazes - at first I starved myself, `cause I had an disorted image of myself and thought I was fat, even though I was underweight. But now it`s the second faze and I have no appetite and only with the smell, view or even thought of food I feel sick... Sometimes I try eating on perpouse, `cause I know that if I continue like this I`ll be soon dead, but my body just rejects food... and it is NOT my choice... I`ve had Bulimia when I was 1 year old (of course I couldn`t stuff my fingers in my throat, but I`ve puked everything I eat, IF I eat, `cause I`ve always hated food) and I`ve been feeded on tubes in the hospital... so only pro-anas choose to practicly... die
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Hyper
VT Lover

Start looking at post dates.. Your replies are good but this is 2 years old

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Closed Thread