Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 24th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #1
chelsay13
Member+

chelsay13's Forum Picture

Name: Chelsea
Default Panic/anxiety attacks?

Okay, I was researching about anxiety lately. I came across a site talkig about panic/anxiety attacks. I freak out when I'm panicking, but I'm not sure if it's a panic attack. This is usually what happens...
-I get a headache
-I start to get really hot and sweaty
-I feel as if there's something heavy in my throat
-and I almost always just so fed up with whatever it is that I feel as if I'm never going to finish or understand whatever it is and I just pretty much give up.
This is when i'm studying, writing a paper, searching for something, or doign something last minute that I'm seriously going crazy over. and funny thing is, it's usually not something "important"...like it's something little.

\\\\\\\♥♥♥Chelsea♥♥♥///////
If you ever need to talk, PM me
I'm friendly and I rarely bite
chelsay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Nostrum
Junior Member+

Name: Tahlia
Default Re: Panic/anxiety attacks?

okay, well i have emetophobia (fear of vomit/vomiting). i also have panic disorder, but i've grown out of it, so the only time i have a panic attack anymore is when my phobia is triggered. when this happens, i abruptly stop whatever i'm doing, my breathing becomes heavy, the air around me becomes thick and i sweat, a lot. inside your head the voice their is screaming, because you know you're panicking, so it makes you panic more the that very reason, and it makes me want to cry, really hard because i just hate having panic attacks..people look at you on the ground shaking violently, breathing so hard and you can't help it. you just want someone to make you disappear forever.

sorry if my experiences didn't help you understand, more of a feeling than actual 'symptoms', in other words, you'll know when you're having a panic attack, or you're just overly stressed and anxious.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #3
overcome.
Nice Poster

I've had problems like this for a long time and have found it hard whether to categorise these events as 'panic attacks' or not. I don't quite have a fear of vomiting like Tahlia, however I've had a similiar fear in the past. Vomiting in public I was very afraid of, now I have a new phobia that's actually quite alike to that, on a much more intense level.

It's a very hard cycle to get out of (panic attacks), but in the end you'll be ok. The best thing to do is to seek a doctors help before things do really get out of control. Sooner rather than later. Think of it like after every winter, there's a spring, then a summer. After every darkness, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep hoping. It won't be like this forever.
overcome. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #4
chelsay13
Member+

Yes, it was helpfull. But I still don't know whether or not I am having a panic attack or it's just normal panicking.

Old December 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #5
overcome.
Nice Poster

I'll stand by what I said, and do your best to take a trip to the doctors. Speak to them about it and they'll set you in the right direction. You really aren't alone. VT is a perfect example of that, the vast majority of people here have fought huge issues, or are still fighting problems, minor and major.
Old December 25th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #6
chelsay13
Member+

Yeah, it's not exactly the easiest thing To convince my parents to do.

Old December 25th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #7
overcome.
Nice Poster

I know you're only 15, where are you from? Health care is free in the UK, I know it can be very daunting but if you'd want to think about going alone, that's an idea. (Easier said than done) be brave and make a huge positive step forward by going to see a doctor. It's all confidential.
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #8
chelsay13
Member+

The united states... I'm not sure if it is free, but I can't drive so I wouldn't be able to get there Anyway

Old December 25th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #9
emilee123

Name: emilee

i have panic attacks i am 13 rite now i went to the Dr when i was 12 when i had my first one u should go to the Dr asap they teach you how to control them its very usful and they teach you how to keep them under control

hope this hleped alittel bit
emilee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #10
jess_undead

jess_undead's Forum Picture

Name: Jess

I have panic attacks, although they have calmed down a lot now.

[CENTER]
Quote:
| The vision is hope, and hope is real. | I am not alone, this is not the end of my story. - www.twloha.com
|
jess_undead is offline   Reply With Quote