...La De Dah!

-Silence's Forum Picture

Name: Heather, Duh.
Default Self Harm Survey.

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?:

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?:

Why do you Self Harm?:

How do you Self Harm?:

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated?

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?:

Do you have any rituals?:

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?:

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?:

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?:

How do you hide your self-injury?:

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?:

How did they react and how did this make you feel?:

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?:

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?:

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?:

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?:

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior?

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:

- - - - -

-Not anymore, I havent for alittle over a year.

-I started at 13, so off and on for 8 years.

Why do you Self Harm?:
-I did because it was the only way for me to feel like I had control, and also it eased the depression atleast for alittle bit.

How do you Self Harm?:
-I used to cut.

-I did but that pain was welcomed.

-Before I would feel numb, depressed, or angry, during I would feel in control and determined, after I would feel relief and proud then disappontment.

-I used to yes, I always had candles lit and music playing, I would sit on my bed with my blade and a towel out.

-No

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?:
-I did, but I didnt meet them until after I stopped.

-No, none

-I used to wear sleeves if anything was new, if there was suspicious looks from parents next time I'd try cutting under bracelets or Tshirt sleeves instead of my lower arm.

-Yes, most people around me know, and they help me keep the urges under control.

-When I was cutting and someone would find out they would look at me with this disgusted look, it made me feel lower than scum.

-I had to.

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?:
-It became easier, definitely.

-Yep, now I talk, I write, I take a really cold or hot shower, I drive. I do whatever I can to take my head off it.

-No.

-N/A

-Yes. I was in therapy for a number of years.

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?
-Yes, a couple times.

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?
-I was prescribed meds but soon after I left I always stopped them. I was prescribed Lexapro, Trileptal, and Geodon.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:
-No, shrinks were hired for Self Harm.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.
-Calvin & Hobbes.

Last edited by -Silence; December 21st, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
-Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Faithfull

Faithfull's Forum Picture

Name: Faith
Default Re: Self Harm Survey.

I stopped for almost a year but i started again a few weeks ago so yes.

Since i was 12 or 13 3-ish years

Why do you Self Harm?:
I feel that it's the only controle i have over my life and also because i know it's the best way to hurt my father.

How do you Self Harm?:
I cut and i also bite of the skin at the sides of my fingers

The cutting doesn't hurt anymore, i think i'm use to it and the biting only hurts at the beginign before the skin breaks.

Before i feel out of controle, i feel that my life is being lead by others and not me, i feel very depressed..... after i feel angry with myslef but happy.... i never remember during. I never remember actually cutting. (biting is totally different as it takes longer)

I don't think so

SHed in front of my best friend (we were doing some witches spell i found in a book and it needed blood and seeing as i SHed we agreed i'd do it)

Yes a friend and a few people at school who aren't v/ good at hiding it.

No none at all.

Sleavesw mostly, wrist bands sometimes like if i was going to a party, and make-up (only when the cuts have stared to heel.
The skin missing from my fingers is too hard to hid as once it's gone it's gone, whilst it's raw and painful i put a plaster on it though.

Nurse at school, didn't tell parents but they found out, my ex-BF and my best mate

All exept my ex reacted at though i was crazy and over reacted (the school nurse was going to call an amblence.... for scares. wtf) Just makes me more determined to controle something in my life.

I had to.

Much more difficult. I have to try much harder to hide it as now people look for cuts and missing skin ect.

I ping an elastic band on my wrists... Biting my thumb used to be a coping thing, but then i started biting too hard and i took off layers of skin, now it's worse than the cutting/

Never.

They think i'm being silly, they also all seem to think that i'm looking for attention, or else play-acting. Med Pros in my opinion are extreemly unsupportive and uncaring.

A had a few sessions at school about it but that was all. I dont like to talk to strangers about it. I see a therapist about a different mental illness and the cutting sometimes comes up but only in passing.

For a different mental illness i have but not for SH.

I took prozac was recently switched to Zoloft which i'm almost positive is basically the same thing with more letters.... both are widly inaffective.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:Yes i have.
Faithfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:07 PM   #3
dizzydinosaur

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?:I have sort of stopped, I went almost 6 months then cut again but I'm on my way to stopping fully

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?:About 6 years

Why do you Self Harm?:Because it hurt more than the emotional pain

How do you Self Harm?:Cutting

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated?It depends, sometime I want to feel it, so it hurts, other times I can dissociate

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?:Before, hurt, scared, or nothing. During, relief, happy. After, tired, happier, safe.

Do you have any rituals?:Nope

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?:Done it infront of people when I was drunk

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?:Most of my friends self harm

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?:Nope

How do you hide your self-injury?:I wear clothes which cover them, and wear bracelets too

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?:Yeh most people know now, it's only the people who I only met this school year that don't know

How did they react and how did this make you feel?:Everyone reacts differently, some have almost no reaction at all, others got angry, some ignored me, some cried.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?:Felt like it was the right thing to do

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?:Easier in the way that it's not so hidden and I no longer have to be really careful, more difficult in that I feel bad if i do it becuase it hurts more people than just me

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?:Talk to close friends

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?:There have been times when I probably should have, but never did

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?None

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior?Nope

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?Nope

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?Nope

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:Nope
dizzydinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: I do

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: Ive self harmed since the age of 8

Why do you Self Harm?: There are a lot of reasons i self harm

How do you Self Harm?: Cut with blades or exercise til i cant move

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? i feel pain i love that

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: great for most of it its only a long time later i feel any tiny bit bad

Do you have any rituals?: No not really

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: no only over the phone

I know a lot of people who self harm

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: they help me to stop at times

How do you hide your self-injury?: Wristbands and just dont wear short skirts witout leggings

How did they react and how did this make you feel?:Most dnt care or call me a freak some have been understanding tho

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: I just had to gt things off my chest

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?:It hasnt changed at all

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?:Not wen it comes to certain situations

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?:Im a qualified first aider so i take care of myslf

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?None

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior?Nope parents wldn approve

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?Nope

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?Nope

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:Nope

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: Yes someone i loved

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Obscene Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM   #5
YesterdaysNews
Awesome Poster

YesterdaysNews's Forum Picture

Name: Manda

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: Yes, but I haven't in quite a bit

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: Since I was thirteen, so about a year

Why do you Self Harm?: The only way I felt I was able to deal with things without being seen as "weak"

How do you Self Harm?: Mainly cutting, but I have burned myself

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated?: I don't care about the pain anymore

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: before I think about why I shouldn't be doing it, and that it'll hurt. During my mind goes "see, that wasn't so bad. and don't you feel better?" And after I hate myself for doing it.

Do you have any rituals?: I used to only cut in multiples of ten.

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: my mom came in when I was playing with an exacto knife, I was only thinking about self harming at that point though

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: Apparently I know 2 or 3 people that also "cut"

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: not really.

How do you hide your self-injury?: Long sleeves, make-up, and Bracelets

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: My best friends Emylee, and Shelby. And my mom knows, but I didn't tell her.

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: Emylee is supportive and just really great. Shelby is supportive but tells me I need to stop or else...

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: I didn't want to have to hide if from the people I trust most (best friends)

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: it's been more difficult, I am more conscious of where people look and when they look at my arms I get really nervous

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: I snap elastics, or in class the other day, I was biting my hand, or I think about Josh and being with him

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: nope, not yet at least

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals? n/a

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? my mom threatened but I wish she had gone through with it.

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm? nope

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? nope

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: no?

YesterdaysNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM   #6
MysticalBurrito
VT Lover

MysticalBurrito's Forum Picture

Name: Sir Burrito

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: I'm currently trying to stop..

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: I have self harmed for almost 4 years now...

Why do you Self Harm?: Because it helps me to feel something besides the guilt/pain inside.

How do you Self Harm?: Razors and knives.

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? I still feel it...

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: Before I feel horrible, during it I feel better, after I feel worse than before.

Do you have any rituals?: No.

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: No.

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: Yeah.

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: No.

How do you hide your self-injury?: Long sleeves, long pants.

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: Parents, and some friends.

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: My mom and dad cried, it made me feel horrible.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: Because it was getting bad.

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: More difficult

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: Writing

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: Yes...

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals? They didn't care.

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? No.

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? No.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: No.
MysticalBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM   #7
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

..Yes...

I've never really thought about it.. but I suppose i've been cutting for a year give/take a few months. Other forms of sh i don't even know, I remember giving myself bruises as young as 10...

Why do you Self Harm?:
control (yes, i know it's not a real control over myself, but ususally i don't remeber this until after the damage has been done), simple self hatred...Sometimes I just don't know. And... i like blood for some reason.

How do you Self Harm?:
cutting, various ways of bruising myself (which, i don't talk about much...) and lately i've also been ripping skin off through two different means (no, i'm not gonna get speific) I'm also pretty sure I've given myself a concussion at least once. *that* was a bad idea.

Rarely, not because i've dissociated. When it results in a black&blue mark it usually hurts more, even though there's technically less damage.

Usually i'm just too upset and/or empty... after I'm calmly numb...

Normally I'd say no, but lately my cutting's got worse, and I've noticed everything's in right angles to another scar or cut..

No, no, and no.
my door doesn't lock, but it closes rather tight.

I know one girl, in person...

No, i only recently met her, and it's only come up once

Long sleeves, gloves, wrist bands/bracelets.. Pants also do a good job, considering we're supposed to wear them

Yes...one of my friends, who moved, because she b asically figured it out, and just pushed it out of me.
The other girl I know who SIs figured it out after I pointed out something that if I didn't SI, i wouldn't notice (she said something along the lines of "i wouldn't ever cut there", referencing right side...Means you're right handed usually.)

She..could have reacted better...but I think, ultimatly, it helped...
The other person didn't really think anything weird, but offered to talk.

I didn't really choose to....in either situation I think given the choice, I wouldn't have.

Both and neither. Easier because, i know, logically, i have someone to talk to verbally, but dificult because I also know it WILL hurt someone other than me

Writing, drawing...beating up inanimate objects (i really should get something about the anger...)
once in awhile i just withdraw from any sort of social interaction not that i reccomend this as a coping stratagey.

no

N/A

...no..

obviously not.

No, but once in awhile I thnk i should be on meds for related issues (it's not normal to see stuff constantly right?)

In what universe can a therapist refuse help because someone needs it? Seriously.
I've been refused help under "the psychatrist just wanted me out of her fucking office", but not because of the SI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod

Last edited by ShatteredWings; December 21st, 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: italics are afterthoughts
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM   #8
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?
Not anymore, and around 12 days. I've stopped for a few months before though.

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?
Several months.

Why do you Self Harm?
Stress, Anger, Punishment, to know i'm still alive, just to see the blood, just to see if it still hurts, just to remember what it feels like, just to forget everything else and watch whats wrong pour away.

How do you Self Harm?
Its varied, started with scissors snipping at my skin, then it was a kitchen knife, but it didn't work, so I got a razor instead, when I chucked that trying to stop it became a pencil sharpener.

Dissociated now. Not much hurts anymore.

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?
before it i felt low, angry, dead, during i used to cry, but after i while i felt nothing then after i'd either feel guilt or relief.

Do you have any rituals?
Not really.

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?
No.

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?
yeah.

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?
not particularily

How do you hide your self-injury?
keep my sleves down, hold my hand over the wound when they're up. Keep moving so it doesn't catch attention.

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?
Yes, a few friends in a desperate attempt to guilt trip myself out of it.

How did they react and how did this make you feel?
they all reacted differently, one threatened me trying to get me to stop, another tried helping me told me i didnt need it, another told me she'd tell my mum if i carried on, one just hugged me and one threatened to do it themselves if i didnt stop.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?
I though if the people I cared about knew i'd stop in fear of hurting them.

Bit of both, its easier because some people I don't have to hide my scars around some, but then harder, because I know that if they catch me with any fresh wounds i'm toast.

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?
not really.

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?
no, i was always careful not to do anything deadly.

-

no.

no.

no.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?
no.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM   #9
DarkWingedAngel
The Devil!!

DarkWingedAngel's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan Jacob Skittles

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: Yes

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?:for about 4 maybe 5 years now
before that i used just punch things till i fists bled, thats why i can't feel pain in my hands

Why do you Self Harm?:
for reasons id rather not talk about

How do you Self Harm?: usually by cutting my arms or legs
but on accasio i punch metal poles and walls

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? I don't feel pain, i feel numbness tho

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: the same

Do you have any rituals?: i will usually do a few medium on my arm i call them cat scratches
then do the deeper ones on my legs
usually an odd number on my left leg and an even number on my right

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: no, no, no, no, no, no, no , no

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: no im the only one

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?:n/a

How do you hide your self-injury?: long sleves and sweat bands on my wrists

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: a few friends

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: i forget

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: i told because they didn't exactly look like cat scratches

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: easier knowing that my friends are there for me

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: music and talking with friends

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: yes i have had many stitches

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals? like a "how the hell did that happen" then making up a crazy excuse like "i fell out of a tree"

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? yes and i still am

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm? yes a few times

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? not yet

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?:not yet

My friends are what keep me going, what a great support system<3
Hrt date 05/14/2013
top surgery completed
03/27/2014
DarkWingedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM   #10
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי

deadpie's Forum Picture

Name: Damien Ark

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: Yes.

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: Been doing it since i was child, maybe seven or eight.

Why do you Self Harm?: why why why. I hate when people ask me. I guess being tortured, raped, and abused for four years did i.

How do you Self Harm?: Glass, razorblade, brick walls, anything rough o sharp i can find close to me.

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? It lasts for only so long.

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: I feel like i get a high from it, and the more i do it the better i feel.

Do you have any rituals?: Yeah. Every February 2nd I attempt suicide.

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: I do it all the time. People just don't notice, which gives me a thrill of doing it in public.

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: Many. My mom, uncles, my great grandpa, lots of friend.

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: Not really

How do you hide your self-injury?: Clothes. I do it on parts of my body you don't see without me taking a shirt or pants or boxers off.

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: Yes, friends, my T, and parents.

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: They don't care, which is cool.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: Well, they figured out.

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: Allot more diffucult

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: Cutting is my coping skill. Other than opiates.

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: yes

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals? Very negative.

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? Yeah

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm? Not because of cutting, but i have been a hospital.

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? I take meds for child onset schizophrenia.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: No.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM   #11
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

I haven't self-harmed in a year.

About four years; on an off.

Why do you Self Harm?:
I needed proof that the pain I experienced on a daily basis was real, because everyone around me were saying otherwise, and I was starting to believe them.

How do you Self Harm?:
I cut; I also tried to stab myself with a needle at some point.

I feel everything. It's part of the experience.

Not too much different. A bit calmer afterward.

When I first started, I used to do it every night, before going to bed.

No. Almost caught, once.

My first encounter with self-harm was when a classmate did it in the sixth grade - and everyone knew about it.

They introduced me to the act, essentially.

Long-sleeves.

A number of online friends. A trusted school friend. A therapist.

Not negatively.

I felt the need to let the information out.

No difference.

Time. Distractions. Something to pass the moment.

No, luckily.

-

It didn't work.

No.

No.

Self-harm was the reason my therapist refused several times my request to end our meetings, despite having been clear that it wasn't helping anything. So, no.
Aspiringanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:41 AM   #12
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Name: Alexandria

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: Yes

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: About a year

Why do you Self Harm?: Its gets my mind off everything thats going on. I feel like im in control.

How do you Self Harm?: Cutting, with a razor or knife

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? It doesn't hurt much anymore

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: Before I felt angry, and mad. Afterwards I feel relived but ashamed

Do you have any rituals?: No?

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: no

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: Yeah

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: Yes

How do you hide your self-injury?: Long sleeved shirts and arm warmers. When my sleeves are up I walk fast so nobody eye catches them

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: 2 of my friends, my girlfriend, and my cousin

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: They don't like the fact that I do it. They try and convince me to stop. It just makes me feel more guilty when I do it.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: I told because I felt like I needed to. I had to get if off my chest.

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: Its been somewhat more easy. But hard at the same time. Because they support me, but when I cut I feel like i let them down

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: Not that I can think of

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: no, I dont go that far

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? no

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm? no

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? no

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: yeah
Hatsune Miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM   #13
bacafe
Banned

I have been clean for about 3 weeks which for me is a long time. I have been a cutter since my early teens, but my SI started at a young age, hitting, hair pulling etc

as long as it takes to get the feeling I want

Why do you Self Harm?:
Punishment for having bad thoughts

How do you Self Harm?:
cutting with scalpels, hitting, hair pulling, breaking bones.

At times I am dissociated, other times, I do feel it.

Before: Sad., During: GREAT, after: relieved

no

yes, my mum has walked in on me before, and that was a bit embarrassing.

My GF is also a SI'er

She is the reason I am trying to stop.

Long clothes.

My gf, my mum, both reacted badly

They almost put me into a psych ward (again, ugh)

I was caught. so it was more.... yeah..

more difficult, my mum judges me everyday, on the way I am, my gf used to do a weekly inspection of my arms and legs.

Yes, I cut my wrists too deep and had to get an ambulance to take me

there is a certain stigma attached to getting help, and it always a bad stigma

I am currently in therapy about my self harm.

Yes, I have been in and out of psych wards for most of my life

Ziprasidone and prozac

no
bacafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM   #14
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

Yes...

Yesterday it was 2 years

Why do you Self Harm?:

To regain control

How do you Self Harm?:

Cutting, Bruising, sometimes burning (not in a long time though)
I don't really feel anything..

Before: Edgy, confused upset. During:Better for a few hours, After: Worse then before

Not really, but i do have to have music on and close closed, otherwise no i don't..

Once, in class but she talked to me about it..

A few of my friends do self harm. I know a few in my school yeah.

No, not really.

Mostly i don't because it's already concealed by my clothes
No, well not really.

They talked and comforted me, i guess it helped.

Most just found out..
More difficult because my friends ask and look and things, but better because i can talk about it with them..

The elastic band thing, beating up a stuffed animal, cleaning.
Once

They looked at me weird and stuff..

No.

No.
No.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: Nope, because i've never been or asked for one..

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM   #15
Project Delta
Banned

Project Delta's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

No, over half a year since last time

7 months

Why do you Self Harm?:
I self harmed to get rid of what was hurting inside and to express myself in a destructive way other than others ways which i didnt try and therefore led to it.

How do you Self Harm?:
I used a stanley blade, pencil sharpener blade, punched things etc.

Dissociated

I feel really stressed before, euphoric during and shit after.

No

No

No

N/a

I wore long sleeves, but now i'm not bothered

Yeah. too many people, basically anyone who asked

Cant remember

They asked

N/a i only told people after i stopped

Elastic band therapy. Listening to music, singing, exercise and weights

Nope, took care of them myself.

N./A

Yeah, counselling on a weekly basis

No

No

no
Project Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM   #16
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: No I don't anymore, I started off years ago just pulling my hair out I didn't realize I was doing it at first and didn't think of it as self harm but a year ago I started cutting.

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: I really don't even know but it's been a long time.

Why do you Self Harm?:
To just relieve some of the stress or when I was anxious it just felt like a release.

How do you Self Harm?:
I would cut or pull my hair out.

I felt it

Before and during I feel really anxious and then after I usually feel terrible about doing it.

Not really it's kind of a spur of the moment thing.

I've almost been caught before

I know one guy that did it and it surprised me a bit.

No not one bit.

I didn't until people started noticing then i would wear long sleeve shirts or hide it with my hand

I didn't tell anyone

----

----

----

I really don't other than just trying to reassure myself that things will turn out fine.

I kept band aids and rubbing alcohol around the house so i kept them clean also i made sure i didn't cut deep enough where it would be to bad.

-----

No

No

No

I guess you can say I've refused it since I do have the opportunity for it but I'm not doing anything.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Becky
Junior Member+

Becky's Forum Picture

Name: Rebecca

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: I have stopped for a few weeks

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: I have for 3 years

Why do you Self Harm?: I enjoy the pain and seeing the blood

How do you Self Harm?: With sharpener blades

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated? Not really just a slight sting sometimes

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: Before- Usually tense During relaxed and calm and happy after disspointed

Do you have any rituals?: No

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: Nope

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: A few friends

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: One has helped me stop quite a few times

How do you hide your self-injury?: I do it where it can't be seen

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: Yeah some of my friends my mum and my counseller

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: Some were shocked some didn't care

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: Because I felt lonely and scared

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?:pretty much the same

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: nope

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: nope

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals? ..

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior? Yeah

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm? no

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication? Nope

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: Nope

The whispers turn to shouting
The shouting turns to tears
The tears turn into laughter
And it takes away our fears

<3
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM   #18
zer0x_glasscut

zer0x_glasscut's Forum Picture

Name: Kaci

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: Yes.

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: Almost 11 years.

Why do you Self Harm?: Many reasons.

How do you Self Harm?: Cutting, burning, beating.

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated?: Sometimes.

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: Before; anxious. During; worried. After; relieved

Do you have any rituals?: Uhm, not really.

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: Nope.

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: Yessire.

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: Nope.

How do you hide your self-injury?: For maybe a day or so, I wear a hoodie. After that, idc.

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: Everyone knows.

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: We won't go there.

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: They figure it out.

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: Depends.

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: Nope.

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: Yes'm.

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?: Prickish.

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior?: Yep.

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?: Yeah. I been to the pysch. ward alot.

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?: Abilify. Celexa. Xanax.

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: Haha, oh yeah.

"It is because the spirit knows deep down that all lives intersect.
That death doesn't just take someone, it misses someone else.
And in that small distance, lives are changed."
zer0x_glasscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM   #19
BeautifulSilence
The M.I.L.F

BeautifulSilence's Forum Picture

Name: The Laura

It'll be 200 days cut free on Boxing Day

The first cut was in year 8 (5 years ago) but there was about a year of nothing after that... It was serious for a good 3 years.

Why do you Self Harm?:
The first time, I was stupid. Then, I needed to feel alive. Then it was addiction.

How do you Self Harm?:
It was mostly cutting. Sometimes, I'd punch things, pull my hair... Once I choked myself I think :/

Towards the end I started to feel the pain again. But I needed it.

Before: Panicky
During: Nothing
After: Disgusted

...No

Not like cutting or anything obviously, but scraping my wrist, yeah.

Loads.

No. But I think I influenced a few

To start, I didn't. I wanted the attention. Then I would just cut in places no one would see.

It was kinda obvious.... Everyone knew. Now, I've told one person that I used to - he was being so ignorant about it.

He slapped me. I was like WTF!?

Because he was saying it was stupid and didn't believe the stats.

It hasn't changed. But since the first time I was confronted, it got worse and then finally picked up. I'm now "recovered".

Just cry. Loads. It helps.

No.. I was such a wimp.

N/A

Yes.

No.

Nope.

Nuh-uh.

~Laura was here~
Bethlouise <3
Savour the moment
Delay the consequences
Thomas' non-biological baby was born 15.01.2011
BeautifulSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM   #20
apryl

apryl's Forum Picture

Name: Apryl

Do you Self Harm? If no, how long have you stopped?: yes

How long do you or did you Self Harm for?: its been over two years now

Why do you Self Harm?: bipolar and voices in my head are hard to deal with

How do you Self Harm?: got a scrapbooking blade from hobby lobby for $1 that is my best friend. that or scissors or a bobby pin or my nails or whatever i can get

Do you feel pain when you Self Harm? Or have you dissociated?: a little bit of pain, but it isnt pain to me. to me its comfort. i love it.

How do you feel before, during, and after you Self Harm?: before-crap during-calm and amazing after-depends

Do you have any rituals?: not usually. if im at home i sit in my closet

Have you ever Self Harmed in front of anybody or been caught Self Harming?: ive cut in class but i sit in back and no one notices. so never been caught

Do you know any other Self Harmers (e.g. a friend, classmate, family member, etc.)?: yea(friend)

Have they had any influence on your own Self Harm?: nope. i found out she self harmed long after i had started

How do you hide your self-injury?: bracelets. long sleeves. arm warmers. etc. sometimes bandaids

Have you ever told anybody you Self Harm? If yes, then who?: my friend jinelle. my mom found out and told my dad. but they think ive stopped

How did they react and how did this make you feel?: jinelle was very calm about it, shes an amazing friend. my parents took it calmly but i hate that they know my secret

Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?: i told jinelle because i can trust her and i dont like to hide things from her

Since you've told has living with your Self Harm been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do you think things would change if you did?: same. i still hide it.

Do you have any coping skills? If so, what are they?: sleep. which is still hard to get

Have you ever had to seek medical attention for your injuries?: no but i probably should have

What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?: they told me to use a rubber band. like that would help(i love the sight of blood)

Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your Self Harming behavior?: not for self harm, but for bipolar

Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your Self Harm or for any mental illnesses that cause you to Self Harm?: no but i feel like i should be.

Do you take any medication for your Self Harm or for any mental illness that causes you to Self Harm? If yes, which medication?: taking antidepressants and sleep meds. who cares if thats bad for a person with bipolar? i love my manic days

Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your Self Harm?: nope

I can't hold onto me, wonder what's wrong with me...
~Lithium, Evanescence
apryl is offline   Reply With Quote