Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Grinchilla
Member
 
Grinchilla's Forum Picture
 
Name: Leila
Join Date: November 10, 2009
Location: United States
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Wink Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

It doesn't feel swell that I only get negative reputations. Nor does it feel swell when I'm told I have psychological issues... because my opinions might differ from others... because it's hard for me to think like you guys.

I'm obviously posting for help because I want help. I'm posting my ideas to those who want help because I believe them as truth. But OMG this is the most bloody uptight teen help forum I've seen in my life.
Why is this a community forum if such of you only truly accept answers and ideas that are like your own? I always see negative comments floating around from user to user. Sometimes, it's ok, I know, but, OMG

Maybe I should change what is entirely me because... what happens when one goes against the whole of the society in which they belong? Yah, nothing good that I can think of.

My parents want me to see a psychiatrist (because I talked to them about my political views). My real life friends think I need help. My online friends are probably considered a lot more messed up than me. The whole school (including the little kids) think I'm a lunatic because I'm an emotionless mute and look sad when I'm not around my friends/family. I have always like this. My teacher also was misunderstood and said I tried to kill him. Plus like everyone in my family is a murderer or druggie isn't good for a small town girl.

Just because most of society basically says I'm wrong... does that mean I'm wrong?? Do I have to change who I am? All my ideas on everything?

I'm not being egotistical. I know everyone is unique and different, but everything is pressuring me to change. omg you read all that crap I just typed out?

EDIT: ok... some of the things I said were messed upppppppppppppp but it shouldn't matter here? I hate when answerers talk like they are superior to the question asker. That's it. *ends over-exxagerated rant about VT* Too bad the RL rant wasn't over-exxagerated. :p I think I under-spoke on purpose. I'm weak. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsiePop View Post
VT is here for you. Why else would we respond?Hold in there, things happen but sometimes we can't take them by ourselves. That's why VT is here. To protect,help and have fun.
I'm sleepy.

Last edited by Grinchilla; December 7th, 2009 at 08:01 PM.
Grinchilla is offline  
Old December 7th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 4, 2009
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 7
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Just because most of society basically says I'm wrong... does that mean I'm wrong?? Do I have to change who I am? All my ideas on everything?
No, and no. If people have a problem with you, that's their business. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions, based on their own unique perceptions of the world and reality as they understand it to be. Some, for whatever reason, choose to be more blunt about it.

No one human being is closer to the 'truth' than another, because truth, in an absolute sense, cannot be defined. There are only generally accepted perceptions and theories of what truth is, in terms applicable to human life and consciousness.

Wisdom and sensibility comes with acknowledging the necessity of agreeing to disagree with others. If a point of view you have no intent of modifying cannot be made public without triggering some intense disagreement of sorts, perhaps it is better to keep such beliefs private. On several occasions, I have personally chosen to private message the OP, rather than publicly respond to certain threads in a way that could potentially generate controversy.

Quote:
Why is this a community forum if such of you only truly accept answers and ideas that are like your own? I always see negative comments floating around from user to user. Sometimes, it's ok, I know, but, OMG
That's human social dynamics for you. It's no different anywhere else in society. Granted, I came from a forum where this, in a miraculous rarity, was not the case. Yet it is for this exact reason that the community eventually fell apart and ceased to be.

Quote:
I hate when answerers talk like they are superior to the question asker.
In most cases, it is simply meant to be an assertion of one's views. Not everything that comes off as self-righteous was explicitly intended to be so; with only words and perhaps the odd emoticon or two to reference, misinterpretations cannot be completely avoided.
Aspiringanonymous is offline  
Old December 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford
 
Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gregory
Join Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Gamehenge
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
It doesn't feel swell that I only get negative reputations. Nor does it feel swell when I'm told I have psychological issues... because my opinions might differ from others... because it's hard for me to think like you guys.

I'm obviously posting for help because I want help. I'm posting my ideas to those who want help because I believe them as truth. But OMG this is the most bloody uptight teen help forum I've seen in my life.
Why is this a community forum if such of you only truly accept answers and ideas that are like your own? I always see negative comments floating around from user to user. Sometimes, it's ok, I know, but, OMG

Maybe I should change what is entirely me because... what happens when one goes against the whole of the society in which they belong? Yah, nothing good that I can think of.

My parents want me to see a psychiatrist (because I talked to them about my political views). My real life friends think I need help. My online friends are probably considered a lot more messed up than me. The whole school (including the little kids) think I'm a lunatic because I'm an emotionless mute and look sad when I'm not around my friends/family. I have always like this. My teacher also was misunderstood and said I tried to kill him. Plus like everyone in my family is a murderer or druggie isn't good for a small town girl.

Just because most of society basically says I'm wrong... does that mean I'm wrong?? Do I have to change who I am? All my ideas on everything?

I'm not being egotistical. I know everyone is unique and different, but everything is pressuring me to change. omg you read all that crap I just typed out?

EDIT: ok... some of the things I said were messed upppppppppppppp but it shouldn't matter here? I hate when answerers talk like they are superior to the question asker. That's it. *ends over-exxagerated rant about VT* Too bad the RL rant wasn't over-exxagerated. :p I think I under-spoke on purpose. I'm weak. heh
Look you aren't going to get better if everyone suger coats everything. Oh hey your clinically depressed, but don't worry its not bad. If you ask a question if it's going to be hard to get through. I'll tell you it's going to be hard as hell. Don't expect everyone to come racing with a great attitude to solve your issues. We are a bunch of teenagers, we do not have the answers to all your questions. I think you need to see someone, that's that. Your parent, your friends and I seem to agree on it. We are only here as peers to help you when you need it, but we aren't going to have all the answers.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Kahn
Publius
 
Kahn's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 4, 2009
Location: Illinois - Wisconsin Border
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
It doesn't feel swell that I only get negative reputations. Nor does it feel swell when I'm told I have psychological issues... because my opinions might differ from others... because it's hard for me to think like you guys.

I'm obviously posting for help because I want help. I'm posting my ideas to those who want help because I believe them as truth. But OMG this is the most bloody uptight teen help forum I've seen in my life.
Why is this a community forum if such of you only truly accept answers and ideas that are like your own? I always see negative comments floating around from user to user. Sometimes, it's ok, I know, but, OMG

Maybe I should change what is entirely me because... what happens when one goes against the whole of the society in which they belong? Yah, nothing good that I can think of.

My parents want me to see a psychiatrist (because I talked to them about my political views). My real life friends think I need help. My online friends are probably considered a lot more messed up than me. The whole school (including the little kids) think I'm a lunatic because I'm an emotionless mute and look sad when I'm not around my friends/family. I have always like this. My teacher also was misunderstood and said I tried to kill him. Plus like everyone in my family is a murderer or druggie isn't good for a small town girl.

Just because most of society basically says I'm wrong... does that mean I'm wrong?? Do I have to change who I am? All my ideas on everything?

I'm not being egotistical. I know everyone is unique and different, but everything is pressuring me to change. omg you read all that crap I just typed out?

EDIT: ok... some of the things I said were messed upppppppppppppp but it shouldn't matter here? I hate when answerers talk like they are superior to the question asker. That's it. *ends over-exxagerated rant about VT* Too bad the RL rant wasn't over-exxagerated. :p I think I under-spoke on purpose. I'm weak. heh
We give you negative rep because of you. No one does because they are out to get you, or they dislike you. I haven't given you negative rep yet because I honestly think you make mostly good posts from what I've seen.

Who is pressuring you to change when you say everyone? Your real friends? Your online friends? Your family? You do not have to give in to such stress. You have to be assertive, be ready to take a blow because when you do you can hit them back.

No this isn't a "Bloody uptight teen forum". You have 100 posts. Your a member . But no it isn't. People are straight forward and civil most of the time and if you have to sit there and be patted on the head by someone online and just get a simple "It'll be ok." is kind of sad. This is help, not babying. People will give you good answers and bad answers. You just have to learn to deal with them. Oh. And we are all teens, or young adults. We should be able to deal with a fight or two.

~Adam

"I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy."

VT Daily Chronicle Contributer
Kahn is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #5
The Batman
Banned
 
Name: Thomdam
Join Date: November 13, 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Meh it's just a website there are hundreds of others just like this out there.
The Batman is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Jean Poutine
Awesome Poster
 
Jean Poutine's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tony
Join Date: September 27, 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

You are given negative rep because of posts like this one, in a topic about a man infecting his wife with AIDS :

Quote:
I think the wife is a bitch for not letting him fuck her in the first place. But it seems that they didn't really love each other.

Cute story though. Romantic, the guy trying to keep them together. THanks for posting.
That's not differing political views. That's not even a different opinion. It's just sheer lunacy. You really thought that out before writing? That the wife is a humongous bitch for not letting her husband significantly shorten her lifespan for the sake of sex?

If you ever said that to anyone IRL I can guarantee you that nigh anyone would be hounding you over such a classless statement. It's not that we're stuck up. It's that you're supporting grievous bodily harm for bullshit reasons. It's as if I said "yeah that punk sure was right in beating that old man almost to death for a pack of cigarettes". It's the exact same thing.

Put it this way. Why do you think we jail and fine holocaust deniers? Some "opinions" are so wrong that we have to punish deniers to keep them from spreading nonsense. What you have uttered there in this post is one of these "opinions". It's not even "extreme" : it simply verges on sociopathy. In this arena, negative rep is your punishment.

Moreover, if you haven't already, you will soon learn that sometimes, it's just best to keep one's mouth shut. Treat it as a learning experience. If you don't want society to judge you on your, frankly, incredibly tasteless behavior, then don't open it up to our scrutiny.

Quote:
because it's hard for me to think like you guys.
You think it's hard to "think like us"? What exactly is us? Please don't try self-pity. I'm a high functioning autistic person, hell for all it's worth, I'm not even a part of your society. I should be on wrongplanet.net setting up revolutionary movements to free the planet of you neurotypical abominations. Yet I'm here and I mingle freely without spouting (much) nonsense. If I can do it, you sure as hell can.

Jean Poutine, LL.B.

Last edited by Jean Poutine; December 8th, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
Jean Poutine is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Grinchilla
Member
 
Grinchilla's Forum Picture
 
Name: Leila
Join Date: November 10, 2009
Location: United States
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

"because it's hard for me to think like you guys. "
does sound a bit high and mighty. sorry.

And the holocaust didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsiePop View Post
VT is here for you. Why else would we respond?Hold in there, things happen but sometimes we can't take them by ourselves. That's why VT is here. To protect,help and have fun.
I'm sleepy.
Grinchilla is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford
 
Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gregory
Join Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Gamehenge
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
"because it's hard for me to think like you guys. "
does sound a bit high and mighty. sorry.

And the holocaust didn't happen.
You wonder why people hate you? It's sort of high and mighty to say that the innocent slaughter of 6 +million people never happened.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #9
Jean Poutine
Awesome Poster
 
Jean Poutine's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tony
Join Date: September 27, 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
"because it's hard for me to think like you guys. "
does sound a bit high and mighty. sorry.

And the holocaust didn't happen.
Again with the classless? Just so you know, in Romania, holocaust denial is illegal. Never say that in public.

My grandfather served in the Canadian Army in WW2. He got to see first-hand the suffering perpetrated by the Nazis towards the Jews. You're not only insulting the memory of 6 million people and their descendants, you're also insulting our veterans that put their life on the line to end the Nazi regime. Do you now get what I was talking about when I mentioned "tasteless opinions"?

You're not exactly helping your case there.

Jean Poutine, LL.B.
Jean Poutine is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Grinchilla
Member
 
Grinchilla's Forum Picture
 
Name: Leila
Join Date: November 10, 2009
Location: United States
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

STFU
you don't really care.
aaaaaah, what about the starving lit' bairns in africaaaaaaa. I'm sure you live your whole life devoted to and thinking of human suffering. All the energy and effort put into making your bloody computer could've fed summin.

How could you quote proverbs and really care?? That book also says half the world is going to eternal suffering. Nifty quote though.

This sounds rude? Who cares. Everyone here is, wot wot. So am I anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsiePop View Post
VT is here for you. Why else would we respond?Hold in there, things happen but sometimes we can't take them by ourselves. That's why VT is here. To protect,help and have fun.
I'm sleepy.
Grinchilla is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #11
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

You aren't here for help. You are here to have your opinions validated.
And what happens when people disagree with you? You deem them to not be contributing constructively to your thread and spiteful.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Jean Poutine
Awesome Poster
 
Jean Poutine's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tony
Join Date: September 27, 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
STFU
you don't really care.
aaaaaah, what about the starving lit' bairns in africaaaaaaa. I'm sure you live your whole life devoted to and thinking of human suffering. All the energy and effort put into making your bloody computer could've fed summin.

How could you quote proverbs and really care?? That book also says half the world is going to eternal suffering. Nifty quote though.

This sounds rude? Who cares. Everyone here is, wot wot. So am I anyway.
Making fun of me now are you? If I did not care I wouldn't be wasting time away from an excellent anime writing this shit. You're far from being able to judge what my motivations are.

Children in Africa is a blatant red herring. Tasteless in opinion but also in argumentation.

There is a large difference between not caring and making events the focus of one's life. Stop hyperbolising.

Here's another nice quote for you : ignoratio elenchi.

I was perhaps firm, but never rude. In any case, stop whining because society hates you when you're making society hate you on purpose.

Jean Poutine, LL.B.

Last edited by Jean Poutine; December 8th, 2009 at 05:00 PM.
Jean Poutine is offline  
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford
 
Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gregory
Join Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Gamehenge
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchilla View Post
STFU
you don't really care.
aaaaaah, what about the starving lit' bairns in africaaaaaaa. I'm sure you live your whole life devoted to and thinking of human suffering. All the energy and effort put into making your bloody computer could've fed summin.

How could you quote proverbs and really care?? That book also says half the world is going to eternal suffering. Nifty quote though.

This sounds rude? Who cares. Everyone here is, wot wot. So am I anyway.
You are right I do not really care. I also do not have the money or time to feed kids in Africa. As I'm busy paying for the wealfare and care of my own damn child. You do not need help, they do. What you need is a hard slap on the face to realize that, it's not societies job to take care of you. You need to take care of yourself. You young lady have a ways to go, I was never rude to you. Now I'm rude because you deserved my discontent.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline  
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #14
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover
 
Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jessi
Join Date: January 20, 2008
Location: California, US
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Default Re: Why does everyone dislike me so much here? Society hates me

I think we've seen enough of this. Leila's had her moment to vent, and I can't see this going anywhere constructive.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org