Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 20th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #1
FallenAngel

Name: Becca
Question Am I Bipolar??!!

I haven't been diagnosed with bipolar yet but i've definately got depression and an anxiety disorder too.
I show some symptoms of bipolar disorder tho i'm unsure if i am bipolar or not.
cos ive been suffering with depression for 2 years now and when im happy ive always been a very hyperactive person.... which is why im unsure if im bipolar or not

The depressive symptoms i show are;
-feeling sad, hopeless, worthless, pathetic, numb
-feeling irritable
-extreme fatigue
-difficulty concentrating
-loss of appetite
-suicidal thoughts
-feeling guilty
-feeling unworthy of happiness
-self doubt about myself and my abilities to do anything
-difficulty sleeping/ insomnia
-extreme low self esteem
-very sensitive - crying
-and i even self harm sometimes

The manic symptoms are;
-feeling hyperactive
-feeling almost overwhelmed with happiness
-feeling irritable
-very talkative/talking very fast
-easily distracted
-racing thoughts
-go on shopping sprees/take drugs/drink alcohol
-feelings of greatness - like im really special and unique

Mixed episodes include;
-feeling irritable
-racing thoughts
-feeling hopeless
-feeling down
-fatigue
-loss of appetite

Im usually in a depressed state but every so often i get these manic episodes, or even mixed episodes.
But its never the same, like sometimes i will have several manic episodes in a day or in a week and other times i'll only have one manic episode in two weeks....

Does this sound like im bipolar to you....cos i rly dnt no?!
And any advice about what you think i should do would be appreciated.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxox

If any1 wants to tlk u can private message me
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #2
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi
Default Re: Am I Bipolar??!!

Unfortunately, none of us here are trained doctors and we can't give you a diagnosis. My advice is to talk to your doctor, just say you've been having some mood issues, they're bothering you and getting in the way of your life a bit, and you want to see what's up. Whether you are eventually diagnosed bipolar or not, your doctor can point you in the right direction as far as maybe recommending someone to talk to about this. Your general physician could technically prescribe meds for depression and the like, were you eventually given a diagnosis. Talking to someone is what will teach you how to deal with your emotions and your mood in the future, though, so you don't feel so down most of the time and you can feel like you're pretty balanced between happy and sad; it's definitely where I would start.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #3
FallenAngel

Name: Becca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope Eyes View Post
Unfortunately, none of us here are trained doctors and we can't give you a diagnosis. My advice is to talk to your doctor, just say you've been having some mood issues, they're bothering you and getting in the way of your life a bit, and you want to see what's up. Whether you are eventually diagnosed bipolar or not, your doctor can point you in the right direction as far as maybe recommending someone to talk to about this. Your general physician could technically prescribe meds for depression and the like, were you eventually given a diagnosis. Talking to someone is what will teach you how to deal with your emotions and your mood in the future, though, so you don't feel so down most of the time and you can feel like you're pretty balanced between happy and sad; it's definitely where I would start.

Ok thnx, ye i think im gna tlk to a doctor about it. I need to get a new doctor at the moment though cos my usual doctor is too far away now tht i have moved. I hope i find a new doctor soon and tht im able to tell him whats bothering me.
Ye thnx, i think i need to tlk to someone cos ive been so dwn this week and i cant carry on like this... i just cant do it anymore
thnx for the advice... PM me if u ever wna tlk.

♫♪Don't let them say you aint beautiful, they can all get fucked just stay true to you♪♫
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #4
Teardrop Harmony

Name: Taylin

hey i have bipolart and though those are things i suffer with and sounds an aweful lot like bipolar ii if yu feel like you can't go on anymoe and need someone to talk about anything and everything (you know if you just need to ramble on about sod all in particualar or anything you need to get off your chest) just message me ok but things like this normally turn out better thn you would think, stay strong soldier
Teardrop Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote