i've thought about it 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #1
dantheman5000
Nice Poster

dantheman5000's Forum Picture

Name: Daniel
Default christianity and masterbation

So Ive seen a lot of people on the forum ask about if they should masturbate because they are a christian. Well i'm here to tell you your kinda right. masturbation itself isn't a sin but the things you fantasize about in your mind can be. for instance if you j/o and think of guys/or girls in an unmoral way then it becomes a sin. also the bible tells us to treat our body's like a temple so you could kinda see it as that.
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Severus Snape
Great Poster

Severus Snape's Forum Picture

Default Re: christianity and masterbation

if Jesus was fully man then there is no way he went through 30 years of life without jerkin' it once. If he made it through 30 without jacking off, he was never fully man.

Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance.
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #3
MisterAndrews
Nice Poster

Name: Adam

I haven't voted because i am christian, I masterbate, it feels good, but I don't want help. In the Old testement (leviticus) it says that masterbation is a sin. However, in the New Testement (which was made to 'update' the old one) it does not mention it. I'm sure everyone has much worse things to think about other than whether or not masterbation is wrong...

Adam

Send me a PM or add me on MSN... I've probably been through the same problems myself!!

Last edited by MisterAndrews; September 28th, 2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #4
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman5000 View Post
So Ive seen a lot of people on the forum ask about if they should masturbate because they are a christian. Well i'm here to tell you your kinda right. masturbation itself isn't a sin but the things you fantasize about in your mind can be. for instance if you j/o and think of guys/or girls in an unmoral way then it becomes a sin. also the bible tells us to treat our body's like a temple so you could kinda see it as that.
Well you have some hang ups there, sorry, but dont expect too many people to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
if Jesus was fully man then there is no way he went through 30 years of life without jerkin' it once. If he made it through 30 without jacking off, he was never fully man.
That's not a view I've seen too often, some people will expect you to be hit by a lightening bolt sometime soon, but its hard to disagree.

I am a Christian by the way. I don't view masturbation as a sin.

Oh and I cant answer the poll, where's the option for "Yes - but what's the problem with it?"
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #5
Severus Snape
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
That's not a view I've seen too often, some people will expect you to be hit by a lightening bolt sometime soon, but its hard to disagree.
If Jesus did in fact do it, as we can assume, then it most certainly won't be viewed as a sin by him. (the conclusions you can come to are all very circumstantial, and tbh I don't think it is worth the time exploring. If your sexuality and what you do behind closed doors doesn't harm anyone, there should be no moral restraints holding you back. Why are religious institutions so worried about what I do with my own penis?) However, that is not the Catholic Church's stance.

Seeing as masturbating is a form of sexual pleasure and satisfaction, and the possibility of having a baby as a result of it are nil, it is on par with birth control and homosexual sex, according to the church, which is in fact a sin.

According to my parish priest, touching yourself is a sin. I asked him back when I actually believed what I was spoon fed. As an atheist right now I couldn't give two flips about it.

Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance.
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #6
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Sadly, Christian virtues are rarely what is taught by the catholic church.
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #7
MisterAndrews
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
Why are religious institutions so worried about what I do with my own penis?) However, that is not the Catholic Church's stance.
good point about the religious institutions lol, you make them sound pervy.

if you go to a catholic church, almost every teenage boy there will masterbate. It's a part of modern life. The vatican is now out of date with it's own people, it needs to have a major rethink in my opinion, about what God will actually be concerned with:
"Well, Osama, If you're truly sorry I can forgive you for 9/11, but did you ever masterbate as a child? Sorry, it'll have to be Hell i'm afraid."

It's ridiculous!

Adam

Send me a PM or add me on MSN... I've probably been through the same problems myself!!
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #8
dantheman5000
Nice Poster

where in the bible did it say and then jesus masturbated? no where! he was told to have a pure mind. he loved others but not in a sexual way nor did he have sexual urgencys cuz he had a moral and pure mind so says the bible.

DanthemMan is always there to help so just beckon my name and ill be there! or you can just pm me lmbo.

"Couldn't we just be quiet and eat chocolate together?" --Lindy Metz
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #9
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Quote:
where in the bible did it say and then jesus masturbated? no where! he was told to have a pure mind. he loved others but not in a sexual way nor did he have sexual urgencys cuz he had a moral and pure mind so says the bible.
Urh, no I dont think it does.

Where does it say he didnt masturbate. No one is definitely saying he did, just that if he was truely human, which is the point of christianity, then he must have. Does it need to be there? Was one of the gospel writers supposed to be present at the time?
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #10
dantheman5000
Nice Poster

iono 4get this whole thread. imma go jack off now! seems kinda hypocritical but oh well.
i dont know what i was thinkin

DanthemMan is always there to help so just beckon my name and ill be there! or you can just pm me lmbo.

"Couldn't we just be quiet and eat chocolate together?" --Lindy Metz
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #11
MisterAndrews
Nice Poster

It doesn't say it in the bible. What it does say

The nicene Creed: "For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man."

God created Jesus as a man (from 'Hark the Herald Angels sing') "Pleased, with man, as man to dwell, Jesus our Emanuell"
If Jesus was man, he had the mind of a person. Sexual inhibition is in built (Toddlers rub there thighs together to send them to sleep because of the soothing feeling). If he had the mind of a man, then it is not unreasonable to presume that, at some point, maybe before he was baptised, he masterbated, as any teenage boy does.

Adam

Old September 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #12
Severus Snape
Great Poster

Quote:
Where in the bible does it say to wage religious wars against people without warrant? Where in the bible does it say Jesus didn't masturbate? You can't say that he didn't- there is no contextual proof proving he didn't. In light of that I now pose a new question for you- Is it more likely Jesus died and rose from the dead? Or went through puberty and didn't masturbate?

" Jesus said to his apostles, 'Amen, Amen, I say to you. It is harder for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than to go through puberty without chokin' the chicken!' "
-The Gospel according to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
Sadly, Christian virtues are rarely what is taught by the catholic church.
Oh thats debateable. But that is a HUGE can of worms I don't want to open.

there are about as many protestants as there are Catholics in the world. Because of that, I think it is more accurate to define and tipify my understanding of Christian belief based on their dogma as their faith represents a majority within the various subcultures of Christianity.

Old September 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #13
vito22andolini
Member++

vito22andolini's Forum Picture

Name: Francis

religion has NOTHING to do with masturbation , i masturbate like 99% of the human population .

just look at the quote on my signature , it kinda represents what religion is to me,

Those who work don't win and those who win , don't work !
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #14
Jeffrey

Jeffrey's Forum Picture

Name: Jeff

I read a book that said ""I think people believe in heaven because they don't like the idea of dying."
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #15
BrandongoesBoom
Banned

Name: Brandon

masturbation is nautarly. we are all horny teenage boys. what else are we supposed to do? im Christian.
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #16
kdddd
Banned

Name: kyle

I would just like to point out im a Christain and i do jack off but thats not the poitn the point is you guys are saying that Jesus must have masturbated becuase he was a man but he was also fully God he was TOTALY HUMAN AND TOTALLY GOD at the same time, its a hard concept to get. But the totally human part meant he felt pain etc the totally God part ment that he never sined I would like to thank dantheman5000 for posting this cuz its important, but i will still jack off mostly likely lol
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #17
kenshin8106
Member++

Name: Kevin

Well ok...I'm a christian, have been for quite some time and will always be. This topic has been huge with me, I feel and still do, if I can't tackle it then I'm not truly 100% trusting God and such b/c I look towards what I know is sin, for pleasure. And it is looked down upon in the bible, its clear as day, just the act alone of thinking unmoral thoughts is a sin.

Now theres 2 things, its one small sin outta so many so who cares right? God gave us this massive sex drive, and an amazing feeling, so y cant we just do it??

2. Its wrong dont do it, the bible says so. But idk how anyone could actually do that

I have tons of christian friends in this situation...its hard..not impossible, we're really close and can talk about it whenever, we tell each other when it happens, it deff helps. Talk about it with ur friends and see what they think, its up to you :3 Me personally..I struggle with it, I kno its wrong tho..so its a lose situation, send me a msg if ya ever wanna talk :3
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #18
Mikey
Member+

Mikey's Forum Picture

Name: Mikey

I'm telling you now every man is born with a penis (hopefully) and gets boners. So most likely they will jack off. Its natural.

Rest Assured, that with a heart thats pure, we'll be victorious and not let our hate get the best of us.
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #19
kyle95
Nice Poster

kyle95's Forum Picture

Name: Andrew Kyle Wentworth

BOLLOCKS mate!

2000 years of slavery to a book that has caused untold suffering and misery just doesn't stack up against all the evidence against it. Life is here and now mate, not when you're 6' under. Heaven is everywhere around you and hell is the guilt they plant in your head to control you. 90% of 'christian' males admit to j/o, the remaining 10% are liars.

Religion is self-induced psychosis
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #20
Severus Snape
Great Poster

@ Kenshin,

Why treat masturbation like a drug addiction?