Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison
Exclamation "You are the most worthless"

I can't get out of this hell hole. I'm stuck in my rut of depression. I am, and I quote, "the most worthless and lazy kid ever." quote thanks to my mother.

I don't eat as much, when I do, I eat tons.

I don't do anything. I would love to, but I can't.

I'm annoyed with my family.

School starts next wednesday and monday, so I am fucked there.

And more than anything, I want to slit my wrists.

I've stopped caring, more than anything. I don't care if I live. I don't care if I die. I know I don't want to be where I am. I am worthless. So, why should I stick around? Fuck.

All you need is love.

Last edited by Atonement; September 1st, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM   #2
sebbie
Nice Poster

sebbie's Forum Picture

Default Re: "You are the most worthless"

I can say that there is a better choice than what you are contemplating. If people put you down ignore them, they are a poorer person for doing that.

Sorting out your eating habits is something I am sure you will be able to accomplish, set yourself out meal times and plan ahead what your going to eat.

Also I am sure that you will be able to find something to do that you enjoy, it might not be easy but if you try it will pay off.

Also try to look on the positive side of school, you can meet people there, it gives you something to do, also it is your future, do the best you can, and you will be able to go to college, uni or get a job etc.

-Sebbie

FEEL FREE TO PM ME..
FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME POSITIVE REP TO!
sebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison

There is no positive side. School is hell. Quite simply. And you expect me to ignore my mom, the one person who I've kept myself alive for?

All you need is love.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

You don't have to entirely ignore your mother, but remember that what she says is not the end-all be-all. If she thinks you're worthless, then she's wrong. (I can't speak for lazy, though, I don't know how often you clean your room and that kind of stuff xP). It IS possible for your mom to be wrong, so take what she says with a grain of salt.

You're a great guy, Addison, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just plain mistaken.

I understand school issues, I had them myself in high school. Is the problem social or academic? Is it possible to transfer to a different school which would better suit your needs, or to do independent study for a few classes? Some classes you may just have to attend, but sometimes the school will let you do independent study for some of them. Either you would be home for something like half of the day, or you would spend those class periods doing work on your own time in the school library. If you're annoyed at the pace of the classes, or you just want to get away from the kids for a while, that may be an option.

Hang in there. Things will pick back up eventually, I know they will.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #5
overcome.
Nice Poster

I was told that I was "the laziest person I've ever met" by my 'step' parent, he told me this, I went mad. This is coming from someone who works (part time), does lots of things round the house to help, would do anything to help any of his friends/family, cooks/prepares 95% of his own food, irons his own clothes, etc.

Being made to feel like that in your own home is horrible, because your home is the place you should feel most comfortable. Luckily my mum was very supportive, often put him in his place, I did too - but I had respect and would limit what I say. One day I went mad, when he held his hands up to me almost, I did the same, I got in his face. I won't be treated and be made to feel like I'm worthless by anybody on this planet.

It's certainly not an excuse, but people always have things going on. There is no 'normal' person around, everybody's got at least 1/2 things they'd like to change about themselves, both physically and mentally. People have things going on, they take out those problems on those they love and care for. This isn't right, and it isn't always people's faults either, but it does happen. Things will get brighter for you, don't give up, that brighter day will come to you. It will be fate, and you will be happier.

Things in life are sent to test us, how we cope, deal with them and get through them makes us who we are today. I know this is the case with me.
overcome. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM   #6
NotASpyingRent
Member+

NotASpyingRent's Forum Picture

Name: J

go and seek help now

if need be call
972-233-TEEN
NotASpyingRent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM   #7
Bluearmy
Member++

Bluearmy's Forum Picture

If you were just a bit more self-ish, this wouldn't a problem.

It is easier to fight for ones principles than live up to them. – Alfred Alder
Bluearmy is offline   Reply With Quote