Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Moneyjr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 1, 2009
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Default My suggestion to the formus

Allow people to debate and argue!!!!--> its only natural to give off ones opinion

and the other to retaliate.

i can understand if they are cussing or using racial words but if not

how could you ever consider learning something new or maybe helping somone out,
without giving a state of an opinion.
i love to see opinions and i enjoy giving them off!
its fun

also why the F#$% is their no topic on politics or government
I've noticed threads being locked just because 2 people argued.. its annoying
mods don't threaten to lock the thread


Allow people to have a say!
Unless a person is giving off personal information or pictures or nudity .

allow the person guy or girl.. talk about anything sexual w/e they want even if its gross!


mods don't threaten to lock the thread


last... stop locking threads that shouldn't be locked.!

than you.
Moneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:55 AM   #2
Zero Beat
Banned
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: March 21, 2009
Location: In a land down under.
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Point 1: hello again Moneyjr.

Point 2: There is the room "Ramblings of the wise"

Point 3. Asking mods not to lock wont work.

point 4. Mods have a a job to do, they lock if it need be. They dont just because they can or anything. They have rules of their own to follow.
Zero Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:01 AM   #3
Triceratops
VT Lover
 
Join Date: October 2, 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

To the OP, you used the PYSCH WARD out of all forums to cause your debate. The Psych Ward is not a place for arguments or debates. It is a place for advice, support, help and venting out feelings. I warned you to stop arguing but you ignored me, therefore I locked the thread.

If you want to argue, use VT's very own debate forum - Ramblings Of The Wise.

As staff members, we also have our own rules to abide by. That includes looking after our allocated forums and sorting things out when needed.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM   #4
Donkey
Retired Administrator
 
Donkey's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 9, 2008
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

So, you're one day old and you're telling the mods how to do their jobs?

Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:11 AM   #5
The Joker
VT Lover
 
The Joker's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matt
Join Date: March 21, 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Exactly. Arguing about depression, to depressed people? No.

Argue in the Ramblings of the Wise. You can debate about ANYTHING there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
I'm about to assassinate Gandhi.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:35 AM   #6
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster
 
BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 15, 2009
Age: 24
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

You were out of place, being rude, and adding to that, incorrect. There was no reason for the thread to remain open. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to attack it, I hope you come to understand that. Moderators have a responsibility, to keep the site running smoothly. If that means locking a thread such as yours (out of place and incorrect), then we will do that.

Good day.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:40 AM   #7
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod
 
Antares's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 51
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Everything has a reason.
Everywhere has a place.

You haven't explored neither.
I suggest you sit back and watch how the site works for a week and you will get it.






~Laura was here~
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford
 
Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gregory
Join Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Gamehenge
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Usaully people do have a say, thats all well and good. Yet if your like, "Your views are dumb and your an idiot." That is an opinion that is biast and unfair to share. So the mods are allowed to lock threads. Opinions hould be clean and not used to harm another member. If you dont like it well too bad, you can go complain about it.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM   #9
IAMWILL
Long Gone
 
IAMWILL's Forum Picture
 
Name: Will
Join Date: January 11, 2009
Location: NorCal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

You say there's no threads about government and politics? Theres a lot, and, if you really care so much about having them, create one. Stop bitching to us about things that are within your power. There's literally thousands of ways to express your opinion without arguing, and there's thousands of ways to learn without hearing others opinions from arguing.

~Will
Excuses are nails that build the house of failure

~Laura was here
IAMWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM   #10
The Batman
Banned
 
Name: Thomdam
Join Date: November 13, 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyjr View Post
Allow people to debate and argue!!!!--> its only natural to give off ones opinion

and the other to retaliate.

i can understand if they are cussing or using racial words but if not

how could you ever consider learning something new or maybe helping somone out,
without giving a state of an opinion.
i love to see opinions and i enjoy giving them off!
its fun

also why the F#$% is their no topic on politics or government
I've noticed threads being locked just because 2 people argued.. its annoying
mods don't threaten to lock the thread


Allow people to have a say!
Unless a person is giving off personal information or pictures or nudity .

allow the person guy or girl.. talk about anything sexual w/e they want even if its gross!


mods don't threaten to lock the thread


last... stop locking threads that shouldn't be locked.!

than you.
People do have an opinion and are always allowed to express it as long as it's in a respectful way. We aren't going to allow anyone to insult or disrespect another person on the forums and if you don't like it to bad live with it or you can click the logout button and move away from the site.

When we threaten to lock a thread we do it so that maybe you'll get it that if things don't change it'll be gone it's a warning or would you rather us just go ahead and lock it?

You're new to this site so read the rules and you'll find everything is there.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM   #11
MoveAlong
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: April 6, 2006
Gender: Male
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Ok I agree with everybody else here.

1. We have a forum called Ramblings Of The Wise. It is our debate forum. Go check it out: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

2. We have very good reasons for all of the rules here. Our rules and management are actually quite developed.

2a. Yes, sexual stuff can get very, very gross. It can also bring very, very gross people here. If we allow sexual stories, pedophiles can come to the site and try to "get off" on them.
Also it's distasteful. Also, this is a TEEN site, FOR TEENS. Sexual stories are innappropriate for people our age.

2b. We lock threads to prevent arguments and sore relationships from forming, and also to not allow flaming. All arguments do is separate people. Also, since this is a forum, it's so open here that it's easy for other people to join in the fight.

There should be no fights. So we stop them.

2c. All threads locked have a reason to be locked. If you have a problem, contact that moderator and they will be happy to tell you their reason.

Sorry girlfriend but you are sorely wrong.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Moneyjr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 1, 2009
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
So, you're one day old and you're telling the mods how to do their jobs?
everyone has an opinion .
Moneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #13
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford
 
Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gregory
Join Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Gamehenge
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 9
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyjr View Post
everyone has an opinion .
And every opinion can be disregarded. In this sense yours will be.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #14
MysticalBurrito
VT Lover
 
MysticalBurrito's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sir Burrito
Join Date: January 14, 2009
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
So, you're one day old and you're telling the mods how to do their jobs?
I agree with what he said
Honestly, I agree with all the rules here, If there weren't any ruls this site would be dead probably or like any other spam forum there is.
And that thread you made about depression was rude
Quote:
Religion <--- my opinion ..Bullshitting your self ..
Bull shit in your opinion or not try to be nice about your opinions and maybe your thread might not be locked!
MysticalBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM   #15
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: My suggestion to the formus

OP, why are you trying to debate in a forum where people seek help and advice? Ramblings of the Wise (RotW) is a place in which to debate; so long as you do so appropiately. In fact, beneath the link on the forum index, it even says, "A place to debate and discuss your ideas.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org