Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #1
OnlyByTheNight.
Awesome Poster

OnlyByTheNight.'s Forum Picture

Name: Steve! =)
Default Favorite Recipies

Post your favourite foods to cook and the recipies you use here.

~Failure is not falling down, it's not getting back up again~

~Laura was here~
OnlyByTheNight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:17 AM   #2
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam
Default Your Favorite Recipes

Peanut Butter Cookies.
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
Mix butter, sugar and peanut butter together. Add eggs. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Last edited by The Batman; July 23rd, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM   #3
Holding On*
Nice Poster

Holding On*'s Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: Your Favorite Recipes

Fairy cakes:

4oz of flour, sugar and marg/butter
2 eggs

shift the flour into bowl, mix in the sugar.
crack eggs into a jug and beat
add to the flour/sugar mix and stir in well
add a bit of the marg and mix in well, add a bit more etc until all is mixed in.

Should be a creamy mixture, slightly yellow in colour.

Add any falvourings like vanilla or stawberry, (5-10 ml i think).

spoon into cak cases (will make 12) and Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.

once cooled, 4 oz of icing sugar and a TINY bit of WARM water. (teaspoon). mix it in. You may need more sugar or more water. the mixture should be VERY thick and should almost be like cement.

add any colourings or flavourings (about 5ml should do), and deocrate cakes.

add any other decorations like 'hundreds and thousands' or chocolte drops etc.

EAT

(this is a recipe i follow every time i make them, and i actually know it by heart now need any help, PM me. You can add the main ingredients in any order you like but that is how I found is easiest. )
Holding On* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Aneklusmos
Nice Poster

Aneklusmos's Forum Picture

Name: Caleb
Default Re: Favorite Recipies

This is my best recipe i dont have exact instructions or amounts cause my mom taught me how to make it

Guacamole:
2-3 Avacados
1-2 1/4in slices of onion
2-4 cloves of garlic
Salsa
Cilantro
Lime Juice

Start by cutting open the avocados, de-pitting them and putting the flesh of the avocados into a bowl. Once they're all in the bowl, mash them until its just one big mash. Leave is and get out a food processor. Put the garlic cloves and onion slices into the food processor. Cover it and turn it on until everything is finely chopped. Now, without removing anything, add in a big plop of salsa. Use more or less salsa depending on how spicy you want it. This goes for the garlic and onion too. Add a sprinkling of cilantro too. Now turn the food processor on again and wait until everything else is finely chopped. Now take the contents of the food processor and put them in with the avocado. Now mix it all around. Then add a few cap fulls of lime juice and stir it in. smooth over the top of it all and thinly cover the top. This will keep everything from turning brown. Ready to serve whenever. Makes enough for 3-5 people.

Have fun with this! Experiment with different amounts, ingredients, etc.

Aneklusmos!
IAMCALEB! From the IAM Tribe!
Aneklusmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #5
Jagador
Member++

Jagador's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

HOW TO MAKE TOFFEE

Ingredients:

2 sticks of butter
1/2 Cups of sugar
1/2 cup of Warm water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cookingthermometor(the thing with a red ball) Do not use a regular thermometor, it will break.

Melt both sticks of butter in a pot. When they are nearly melted, mix in the sugar, water and salt and mix. Make sure the flame is on high, and let it sit for about 30 seconds and mix. (I suggest adding another half a cup of sugar because the end product will be quite a mess). Keep doing this until the thermometor reachs 245(left hand side). Once it hits that point, mix constantly until it hit 295. Remove instantly and QUICKLY add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and mix quickly. After that, poor out onto a cookie pan covered with WAX PAPER. It should come out like a big glob if done correctly. After you pour it, spread it out to make it as even as possible. It hardens very very quickly (if you didn't add the extra 1/2 cup of sugar, you will get excess butter as it hardens, and will have to pour it out into the sink or something), so you have to be fast. (At this point, if you want, you can put some candy chocolate over it to melt, and use the back side of a spoon to spread it. I personally like toffee plain, but its up to you.) Let it sit for about 30 minutes in a cool place (like the refrigorator) and then remove. Break it up into pieces and enjoy home made toffee

I'll probably edit this if i see something wrong, but i am for sure i got everything right.

I specialize in Family/Friend Help and Advice. I have been in almost every situation with family and friends.
I have nearly touched hands with death himself.
Jagador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #6
stfarris

Exclamation Re: Favorite Recipies

Chicken Parmesean

Get 1 skinless chicken breast for each person eating.
Wash off the chicken really good.
Sprinkle bread crumbs on both sides of the chicken.
Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and baste it in....
1 jar off spaggetti sauce,put however much you want on the chicken.
sprinkle parmesean and mozzarella cheese on top to your liking.
Then sprinkle some Italian seasoning on to your taste and finally some garlic.
Bake in oven until chicken is golden brown.

BBQ Chicken

Get 1 skinless chicken breast for everyone eating.
Clean an Wash chicken.
Baste chicke in BBQ sauce moderately.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning,garlic,celery salt, and a few drops of lemon juice on chicken.
Bake until Chicken is golden brown.

NOTICE!!!!! on both recipes use baking plates with high
sides or sauce will run over into the oven!
stfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #7
tomy
Junior Member+

Name: Thomas

I make this very good soup out of Ramon Noodles. This is what I do.

Ingredeants: Ramon noodles packet, Carrot(s), Patattos(s), Basil, Oregano, and Celery Flakes.

*For best results use a Chicken Flavored Ramon Noodle packet*

1. Make the Ramon Noodles, but do the following steps while making them. (2-4)
2. Cut up an carrot into about 1 inch size pieces.
3. Put the carrots in hot water and let them soak for 3 minutes.
4. Repete steps 2-3 but use patattos. (optional, but better taste)
5. Take out your Basil, and put ACOUPLE shakes on your noodles, carrots, patattos, and brough.
6. Take out your Oregano, and put ONE1 shake on your noodles, carrots, patattos, and brough. (Too much Oregano, will make your soup have WAY to much flavor and will make it nasty to eat)
7. Next take your Celery Flakes, And put ACOUPLE shakes on your noodles....ect
8. Stir acouple times and WA-LA, Your soup is ready.

Writen by : Thomas *A.K.A..... Tomy*

Enjoy
tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM   #8
jrodrick4

Post Re: Favorite Recipies

Seafood Marinara Pasta :

Hi guys,

This is for you..!!

"A little more elaborate then a basic marinara but still simple, quick and relatively cheap! This recipe will feed 4 people who like to eat or 5-6 light eaters."

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 small red onion, minced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
* 3 green onions, chopped
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground thyme
* 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and de bearded
* 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de veined
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 lemon - cut into wedges, for garnish

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
My folders:
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* Customize Recipe
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in diced tomatoes and green onion; cook and stir until the tomatoes have softened. Stir onion mixture into the tomatoes, then add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in mussels and shrimp, then pour in the wine and lemon juice. Cover and increase heat to high. Cook until shrimp have turned pink and mussels have opened, discarding any that have not opened. Serve over pasta and garnish with lemon wedges.
jrodrick4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #9
mrmcdonaldduck
vamos a elas

mrmcdonaldduck's Forum Picture

Name: Jason

pizza

any meat lying around
any veggies you want
lebanese bread
shredded cheese
tomato paste
herbs

first cover the bread with the tomato paste and add herbs. Then cover the base with cheese. Chop up the meat and veggies and add onto the bread. Cover with cheese again. cook at 180c for 15-20 min or when cheese is melted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfMadness View Post
Dragovich...Kravchenko...Steiner...
Moderators...Admins...Global Admins...
All must die!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Don't lie Nick. Be cool, think of my large, beautiful breasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra View Post
... Oh fuck you!
mrmcdonaldduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #10
Philip
Banned

Name: Philip

Ingredients
1 pound dry spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces pancetta or slab bacon, cubed or sliced into small strips
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
Freshly ground black pepper
1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking to ensure that the spaghetti will be hot and ready when the sauce is finished; it is very important that the pasta is hot when adding the egg mixture, so that the heat of the pasta cooks the raw eggs in the sauce.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm (as they say in Italian "al dente.") Drain the pasta well, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water to use in the sauce if you wish.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep skillet over medium flame. Add the pancetta and saute for about 3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the fat is rendered. Toss the garlic into the fat and saute for less than 1 minute to soften.

Add the hot, drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands in the bacon fat. Beat the eggs and Parmesan together in a mixing bowl, stirring well to prevent lumps. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg/cheese mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble (this is done off the heat to ensure this does not happen.) Thin out the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water, until it reaches desired consistency. Season the carbonara with several turns of freshly ground black pepper and taste for salt. Mound the spaghetti carbonara into warm serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley. Pass more cheese around the table.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #11
Philip
Banned

Name: Philip

Carbonara(Spaghetti).

Ingredients
1 pound dry spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces pancetta or slab bacon, cubed or sliced into small strips
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
Freshly ground black pepper
1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking to ensure that the spaghetti will be hot and ready when the sauce is finished; it is very important that the pasta is hot when adding the egg mixture, so that the heat of the pasta cooks the raw eggs in the sauce.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm (as they say in Italian "al dente.") Drain the pasta well, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water to use in the sauce if you wish.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep skillet over medium flame. Add the pancetta and saute for about 3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the fat is rendered. Toss the garlic into the fat and saute for less than 1 minute to soften.

Add the hot, drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands in the bacon fat. Beat the eggs and Parmesan together in a mixing bowl, stirring well to prevent lumps. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg/cheese mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble (this is done off the heat to ensure this does not happen.) Thin out the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water, until it reaches desired consistency. Season the carbonara with several turns of freshly ground black pepper and taste for salt. Mound the spaghetti carbonara into warm serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley. Pass more cheese around the table.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #12
ulrika

Name: Ulrika

1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
Oil (for deep frying)
Batter-
4 tablespoons cornstarch
cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
cup water
teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 egg white
Sauce-
1 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoon ginger (minced)
3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
cup water
1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 teaspoon water)
Sesame seeds (for garnish)

Step 1: In a large bowl mix all batter ingredients together until smooth. Cover and allow the batter to site for at least 30 minutes. Add the chicken to the batter tossing to coat.
Step 2: Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry chicken bits in patches for 2 minutes or until batter becomes firm. Drain on paper towels.
Step 3: To make the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in your wok. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add salt, honey, vinegar, and water. Mix well. Combine 1 teaspoon of water with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Add to the sauce and Simmer for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Coat chicken with the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with white rice.
ulrika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #13
mcrmy

Name: michelle
Cool Re: Favorite Recipies

Best brownies...EVER

Serves - 12
Preparation time - under 15-20 minutes

INGREDIENTS;
150 grams butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa

METHOD :
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light & fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time on low speed
3. Mix through flour and cocoa
4. Bake at 160 CELCIUS for 25-35 minutes
5. Serve warm with cream &/or icecream or with chocolate icing

* NOTE
For those extreme chocolate lovers, feel free to put chopped chocolate pieces in the middle layer

ENJOY! yummy

"When you feel like giving up,
remember why you held on
for so long in the first place
."

~ Unknown

PROMiSE ME tHAt WHEN I'M G0NE, YOU'LL KiLL MY ENEMiES.
mcrmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:29 PM   #14
NeverLetGo
Member+

NeverLetGo's Forum Picture

Creamy Chicken and Chickpea Curry
Serves: 6
Ingredients:

6 Chicken breasts, cooked however you like it (grilled, baked, sauteed)
2 med. onions
5 cloves of garlic, diced
2 tbsp. curry powder (I usually add more to tweak my recipe)
1 can coconut milk
1 can rinsed diced tomatoes
1 can rinsed chickpeas (cooked)
2 tbsp. soy sauce

Method:
1. Saute onions and garlic in oil of choice until almost translucent
2. Before onions are completely cooked, add the curry powder, stirring and cook for 2 minutes to wake up the spices in the curry powder
3. Add coconut milk and soy sauce and boil for 5 minutes, thickening
4. Add chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and cubed chicken and let simmer and thicken for up to 5 hours (depending on how thick you like it) (stir occasionally, so as not to burn the curry)
5. Taste frequently for seasoning (don't be afraid to add more curry powder, as I do all the time)
6. Serve hot, over rice.

"I like it in the city when
The air is so thick... and opaque."

-Adele.

Last edited by NeverLetGo; January 31st, 2010 at 05:37 PM.
NeverLetGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:02 PM   #15
vic203140
Member+

Name: JES

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneklusmos View Post
this is my best recipe i dont have exact instructions or amounts cause my mom taught me how to make it

guacamole:
2-3 avacados
1-2 1/4in slices of onion
2-4 cloves of garlic
salsa
cilantro
lime juice

start by cutting open the avocados, de-pitting them and putting the flesh of the avocados into a bowl. Once they're all in the bowl, mash them until its just one big mash. Leave is and get out a food processor. Put the garlic cloves and onion slices into the food processor. Cover it and turn it on until everything is finely chopped. Now, without removing anything, add in a big plop of salsa. Use more or less salsa depending on how spicy you want it. This goes for the garlic and onion too. Add a sprinkling of cilantro too. Now turn the food processor on again and wait until everything else is finely chopped. Now take the contents of the food processor and put them in with the avocado. Now mix it all around. Then add a few cap fulls of lime juice and stir it in. Smooth over the top of it all and thinly cover the top. This will keep everything from turning brown. Ready to serve whenever. Makes enough for 3-5 people.

Have fun with this! Experiment with different amounts, ingredients, etc.
good but try mixing sour cream with it 1 tray of avo's = 4 cups of sour cream use that as a guide
vic203140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #16
JessicaUK

JessicaUK's Forum Picture

Name: Jessica

Pancakes xD (makes enough for about 8)

4 oz Flour
2 eggs
pinch of salt
7 oz milk mixed with 3 oz water
2 x tablespoons butter

Put the flour into a bowl and break eggs in. Gently whisk and add the milk/water combination slowly until you have a thin paste. Make sure all the flour is whisked properly and don't leave any on the edge of the bowl.

Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan and add to the paste mixture. Blend together and whisk until all smooth.

Use a non-stick pan and coat it with butter, but not too much. Bring it to quite a high temperature then add an amount of the mixture enough to cover the base of the pan but not too thick.

After it has started to cook add brown sugar and lemon to taste. Turn pancake upside down and cook other side for a little while making sure you don't burn it.

Serve on plate and devour. Yum.
JessicaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Marcie
Awesome Poster

Marcie's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

Snow Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
Scant 1/2 tsp. vanilla
About 3quarts of snow

Directions:
blend milk, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.

Variations -
Substitute canned cream for milk, for a heavier flavor.
Add Nestle's Quick for a chocolate snow cream, or use instant coca mix

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."

A friend is one who knows you, but loves you anyway.
Marcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:59 PM   #18
isaiah

isaiah's Forum Picture

mic and cheeses

1 bag of noodles
3cups of milk [ promise land milk if can]
half of cart of velvett
morzilrale chesse
direc
isaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:44 AM   #19
PuppetPrince

PuppetPrince's Forum Picture

Name: Jon Barco

Milk Tea <3

Ready to Drink Tea + milk = Milk tea ! DD soo good >.< i love it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - CAT IN THE HAT ;3

Making friends is always fun,so feel free to message and add me.
FACEBOOK AND MAPLE FTW!
PuppetPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #20
Jess

Name: Jessica

Chinese dumplings

there are two kinds, huantun and jiaozi. I can't find one for huantun, only jiaozi

most of the time the dough is bought at a store

this is the one I found online but it may vary

Ingredients
  • Jiaozi dough
    • 3 cups all-purpose flour
      up to 1 1/4 cups cold water
      1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Filling
    • 1 cup ground pork or beef
      1 TB soy sauce
      1 teaspoon salt
      1 TB Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
      1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, or to taste
      3 TB sesame oil
      1/2 green onion, finely minced
      1 1/2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
      4 tablespoons shredded bamboo shoots
      2 slices fresh ginger, finely minced
      1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced

Preparation

Stir the salt into the flour. Slowly stir in the cold water, adding as much as is necessary to form a smooth dough. Don't add more water than is ncessary. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.

While the dough is resting, prepare the filling ingredients. Add the soy sauce, salt, rice wine and white pepper to the meat, stirring in only one direction. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring in the same direction, and mix well.

To make the dumpling dough: knead the dough until it forms a smooth ball. Divide the dough into 60 pieces. Roll each piece out into a circle about 3-inches in diameter.

Place a small portion (about 1 level tablespoon) of the filling into the middle of each wrapper. Wet the edges of the dumpling with water. Fold the dough over the filling into a half moon shape and pinch the edges to seal. Continue with the remainder of the dumplings.

To cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add half the dumplings, giving them a gentle stir so they don't stick together. Bring the water to a boil, and add 1/2 cup of cold water. Cover and repeat. When the dumplings come to a boil for a third time, they are ready. Drain and remove. If desired, they can be pan-fried at this point.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote