Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #1
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Unhappy My friend is really worrying me....

My friend was bullied for a year or so and so on, and she developed skitzophrina and MPD.
She dosent want to tell her mum, and I understand why, but its getting worse.
She keeps developing new alters, and at first they hated her boyfriend, then the newer one she has raped him.
I dont know what to say to her or what to do, my own heads jumbled up atm, and I know I cant complain because shes ill, but I dont know how to react when she says she has a new alter and its causing trouble.
Shes had a breakdown and forgotten 5 months of her life, and I just dont know what to do or say to her anymore, shes really starting to scare me, and I can't lose her.
Her boyfriend wanted me to ring a number so she could get help, but I couldnt bring myself to do it, I couldnt do something like that knowing i'd hate it if somebody did that to me, deep down I knew it was the right thing to do, but I couldnt betray her like that because I know thats the last thing she wants somebody to do.
What can I say to her when she tells me something like that, because as much as I want to say, 'you need to get help' I know I cant, because she wont and i'll just upset her even more.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #2
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

I don't understand how exactly she has schizophrenia as that has nothing to do with alters and nothing else you've mentioned would call upon having it. Also, you aren't likely to get it from bullying nor are you likely to get MPD from bullying. People with MPD tend to have extremely severe abuse starting from childhood, perhaps also with some substance abuse. Most of them tend to self-mutilate also. Chances are her mother would have noticed this at some point because it is rather hard to hide it up.

If she does have MPD then there are diagnostic tests for it, same with for schizophrenia. I'm not entirely sure how the UK health system works because I have never been there but if your friend does have this or if you think she does, then call anyways. If she has this, you'll cause her more harm by not calling.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:41 AM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

thanks, but there is other stuff that happened in her life, but i'm not going to post my friends life on here. And i'm only going off what she said, but I do know shes ill in some way, certainly MPD. I get why you dont understand how she has schizophrenia, I'm not sure myself, but I did say she has had other things in her life, things she hasnt told me, I know shes been through alot, more than shes letting on. but thanks anyway.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

How old is she?
I find it hard to believe that her mum wouldn't have cottoned on to the fact that something is wrong.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #5
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

14,
and it sounds hard to believe, but trust me, her mum really dosent care what happens to her. At the moment shes been being really unpleasant to her like she has been for a while now.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #6
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
thanks, but there is other stuff that happened in her life, but i'm not going to post my friends life on here. And i'm only going off what she said, but I do know shes ill in some way, certainly MPD. I get why you dont understand how she has schizophrenia, I'm not sure myself, but I did say she has had other things in her life, things she hasnt told me, I know shes been through alot, more than shes letting on. but thanks anyway.
Why are you so certain it is MPD and not something else? I read the part of where you mentioned she has other things going on that she hasn't told you and unfortunately, that helps nobody help her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
14,
and it sounds hard to believe, but trust me, her mum really dosent care what happens to her. At the moment shes been being really unpleasant to her like she has been for a while now.
Well, consider this: if she truly does have MPD then her mother would have to deal with the alters. If the mother doesn't know it is MPD then she may end up getting fed up with the alters (which may seem like her daughter acting out excessively). So don't be so quick to judge that her mother doesn't care and that the mother is being mean to her. Imagine if you were the mother and you had no clue what MPD was and you simply thought your teenage daughter was acting out. Eventually, you'll lose your cool and it will spiral because the daughter's alters would keep popping in and out more, the mother gets more and more angry, etc... .

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #7
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

To have schizophrenia at 14 is rare.
To have DID (formerly MPD) at such an age is unheard of. Also, people with DID are not aware of the alters until other people mention them.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:48 AM   #8
NightHawksr71
Member+
 
Join Date: August 20, 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

You shouldn't really be arguing about what kind of problem this person has. OP, As much you know she won't like it, its the only way she's going to be able to cope. You have to tell someone or call that number for her, if she as you suspect have MPD then this is the result of a really bad trauma for her and as her alters change it might end up making the situation worse as it seems it has already as much as you and her don't like it you have to get her help.
NightHawksr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #9
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

I know I should get help, but I think she'll get it now anyway.
Yesterday, my friend took an overdose, =/ which is what another one of my threads is about. Shes done this before, but not this bad. At the moment as far as I know shes in hospital. Hopefully getting better. Maybe while shes there, if she does have skitzophrenia and/or MPD, they'll find out there. Maybe, just for once something good can come out of something bad.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Under.
New Member
 
Name: sam
Join Date: July 14, 2009
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Its MPD. i know this girl rather well. she has alters that can switch and make her act/perform actions that are completely unlike her.

and shes very very good at keeping it from her family.

Hey plumbob
Under. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #11
kaytay
New Member
 
Join Date: July 14, 2009
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

i think you will find that both are caused by chemical imbalences in the brain
so yes bullying could cause that if it upsets you enough if you have other problems tied in.
kaytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #12
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under. View Post
Its MPD. i know this girl rather well. she has alters that can switch and make her act/perform actions that are completely unlike her.

and shes very very good at keeping it from her family.

Hey plumbob
Amazing... you can tell from a post where the person's name was never disclosed, out of the millions of people on the planet, you know it was that one specific person.

Either you're a new person who doesn't know the person and you're posting just for the hell of it or you are in co-hoots with the OP. Either way, DID at 14 is very rare and it's quite noticable. I'm even more skeptical on the OP now if you're in co-hoots with her.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Under.
New Member
 
Name: sam
Join Date: July 14, 2009
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Amazing... you can tell from a post where the person's name was never disclosed, out of the millions of people on the planet, you know it was that one specific person.

Either you're a new person who doesn't know the person and you're posting just for the hell of it or you are in co-hoots with the OP. Either way, DID at 14 is very rare and it's quite noticable. I'm even more skeptical on the OP now if you're in co-hoots with her.
yeah dude. Im her Boyfriend? got a problem?. ive been living with this for a long time now. and ofc ive done my research and the only explanation to it is MPD and Skitz. If you think you know because some ones given you a description of the symptoms with even meeting her then i suggest you go for a national diploma in internet Phsycology. youd be an A star student.

And no. ive not just been on one website. Ive been on hundreds maybe thousands and theyve all pointed to one dominant illness. DID/MPD.

she has 6 alters. and they are based around her emotions. Which is common according to a few websites. there is also links between them which isnt really worth going into.

The fact is. Ive been studying it for a long time. i even rang a number to check with a doctor/Physcologist to check if the infomation from these sites was correct. and he assured me it was.

if you wanna argue with a trained Physcologist with 31 Years experience then please ask for his number through PM ill happily give it to you.
Under. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #14
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under. View Post
yeah dude. Im her Boyfriend? got a problem?. ive been living with this for a long time now. and ofc ive done my research and the only explanation to it is MPD and Skitz. If you think you know because some ones given you a description of the symptoms with even meeting her then i suggest you go for a national diploma in internet Phsycology. youd be an A star student.

And no. ive not just been on one website. Ive been on hundreds maybe thousands and theyve all pointed to one dominant illness. DID/MPD.

she has 6 alters. and they are based around her emotions. Which is common according to a few websites. there is also links between them which isnt really worth going into.

The fact is. Ive been studying it for a long time. i even rang a number to check with a doctor/Physcologist to check if the infomation from these sites was correct. and he assured me it was.

if you wanna argue with a trained Physcologist with 31 Years experience then please ask for his number through PM ill happily give it to you.
I have no problem that you possibly are her boyfriend.

But since you've studied up on it, explain how schizophrenia fits as so far, nothing that has been mentioned goes with it. If she has the alters, fine, then DID possibly but I'm not seeing how schizophrenia fits in here.

I don't need the number of the psychologist you may have called though, although I'm rather surprised that you called a psychologist, asked if a few websites are accurate and he apparently said yes to all of them and then you hung up. I assume that the psychologist would have more dedication to patients in real-life as opposed to answering phone calls from random strangers asking if a few websites are accurate and him looking at all them carefully and saying it was. So, the point is, I don't believe you for a second about the psychologist you phoned.

What I also don't believe is according to the OP, this girl forgot 5 months of her life and nobody, not even her parents thought maybe it may be time to visit a hospital? Most parents would freak out when they found out it was true or got worried after so long of this forgetting.

This is getting more and more unlikely by each post... .

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #15
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under. View Post
yeah dude. Im her Boyfriend? got a problem?. ive been living with this for a long time now. and ofc ive done my research and the only explanation to it is MPD and Skitz. If you think you know because some ones given you a description of the symptoms with even meeting her then i suggest you go for a national diploma in internet Phsycology. youd be an A star student.

And no. ive not just been on one website. Ive been on hundreds maybe thousands and theyve all pointed to one dominant illness. DID/MPD.

she has 6 alters. and they are based around her emotions. Which is common according to a few websites. there is also links between them which isnt really worth going into.

The fact is. Ive been studying it for a long time. i even rang a number to check with a doctor/Physcologist to check if the infomation from these sites was correct. and he assured me it was.

if you wanna argue with a trained Physcologist with 31 Years experience then please ask for his number through PM ill happily give it to you.
Since you have apparently done all this research you should know that personality disorders in under 18s are extremely rare. In particular it's absolutely impossible for a 14 year old to have DID.
You should also know the fact that she is aware of these alters without anyone telling her goes against all the literature on DID. The fact that you say she can hide it from her parents is also completely contradictory of DID.
You would also know that she would have experienced more episodes of "losing time" than this single episode of 5 months which can be put down to a number of different things.
Another problem with this is that in DID the alters are distinctly different from the host personality and each other. They are able to experience a range of emotions as opposed to being "based around" the hosts emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
I have no problem that you possibly are her boyfriend.

But since you've studied up on it, explain how schizophrenia fits as so far, nothing that has been mentioned goes with it. If she has the alters, fine, then DID possibly but I'm not seeing how schizophrenia fits in here.

I don't need the number of the psychologist you may have called though, although I'm rather surprised that you called a psychologist, asked if a few websites are accurate and he apparently said yes to all of them and then you hung up. I assume that the psychologist would have more dedication to patients in real-life as opposed to answering phone calls from random strangers asking if a few websites are accurate and him looking at all them carefully and saying it was. So, the point is, I don't believe you for a second about the psychologist you phoned.

What I also don't believe is according to the OP, this girl forgot 5 months of her life and nobody, not even her parents thought maybe it may be time to visit a hospital? Most parents would freak out when they found out it was true or got worried after so long of this forgetting.

This is getting more and more unlikely by each post... .
QFT!


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #16
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Since you have apparently done all this research you should know that personality disorders in under 18s are extremely rare. In particular it's absolutely impossible for a 14 year old to have DID.
You should also know the fact that she is aware of these alters without anyone telling her goes against all the literature on DID. The fact that you say she can hide it from her parents is also completely contradictory of DID.
You would also know that she would have experienced more episodes of "losing time" than this single episode of 5 months which can be put down to a number of different things.
Another problem with this is that in DID the alters are distinctly different from the host personality and each other. They are able to experience a range of emotions as opposed to being "based around" the hosts emotions.
This is so true. I'd also like to add, not only is it damn near impossible to get a personality disorder at 14, many disorders specify at least 18 years old.

I'm not believing that you (Under.) have done research on it. The fact that some psychologist apparently confirmed it is even less likely. You generally need appointments to speak with a psychologist, they don't sit around answering phone calls about the validity and reliability of websites. People with DID are aware of most if not all of their alters and if you have done your research, then you'd know what the various categories of alters are and you'd even know what the likely "residence" is/are that people with DID commonly refer to (or their alters refer to).

I see no way for a person with DID to hide it from their parents when they live under the same roof. The OP mentioned how her mother supposedly is mean, well this would trigger stress, which would trigger an alter that protects her to come out. It'd be rather noticable eventually, especially when they have different names.

So I'm inclined to believe this is a lie you're trying to pull, thanks but no thanks.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #17
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

knock it off, the pair of you, (INFERNO & Under.)
for what its worth, yes "Under." is my friends boyfriend,
And I think we've gathered its rare. Seeing as none of us are doctors/physcologists, none of us can say if my friend does or dosent have skitzo and MPD. So can you stop argueing over something you probably wont find an answer to now.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
And I think we've gathered its rare. Seeing as none of us are doctors/physcologists, none of us can say if my friend does or dosent have skitzo and MPD. So can you stop argueing over something you probably wont find an answer to now.
Actually, I think Inferno and I have presented enough important information as to why she can't possibly have DID.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #19
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Actually, I think Inferno and I have presented enough important information as to why she can't possibly have DID.
Okay, fair enough, and I understand you both dont think theres a chance on this earth that she has DID. But you havent met her, you havent seen her, you dont know entirely whats happened, because its not down to me to go about posting her life story.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #20
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
Okay, fair enough, and I understand you both dont think theres a chance on this earth that she has DID. But you havent met her, you havent seen her, you dont know entirely whats happened, because its not down to me to go about posting her life story.
None of us were ever going to suggest something you two won't already have thought of.

The information you have given us is adequate to safely rule out DID and we have shown you why it is so.
Regardless of the information you haven't mentioned, her problem is not DID.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org