Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Should We Have Rules for this Forum?
Yes 3 33.33%
No 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #1
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Default rules...

There has been an argument going on and I don't want one to be in here. Do you think we should have some rules so things don't get too out of hand here?

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #2
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

just in the OCD forum or the whole site? i'm guessing you mean the whole site and i'm not sure. some guidelines might be helpful though...

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
dying lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #3
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

well i pmed josh about it and at first he was like "i dont think we need any" then i showed him that little fight i was involved in and he was like, maybe i guess if you want to... I personally would like them for the whole site, but im think not many people are going to want them. I just really think we need a few guidlines so things dont get out of control in the future.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #4
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

just a few guidelines so then people cant say "i never knew" would be good.. nothing to drastic.. i've been to a board with rules about no bringing up a post more than a page away
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM   #5
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Molly don't let one event drive your decisions. Yes it got out of hand but it wasn't that bad. It was only one thread. There will always be arguments as long as there are different opinions.

We have gotten along so far without rules and the fewer we have the more fun it will be to post here.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #6
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Well, I'm more then positive that it will happen again because you can't beat the inevitable, plus the guidelines I showed you weren't a lot and Katie you have a good point, the "I didn't know" stuff gets annoying and other people will be angry if we tell them "Please dont say that to them," so we would have to post them then.

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #7
Runner
Junior Member+

I think "rules" can take away from people expressing themselves and being honest but I think it is important that people are RESPECTFUL to each other despite their differences.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #8
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I think "rules" can take away from people expressing themselves and being honest but I think it is important that people are RESPECTFUL to each other despite their differences.
see thats what i mean... hmm maybe i should copy them in here so you guys can get an idea of what im talking about... they are more guidlines then rules, but i dont know thats how i see them. i guess they are pretty loose.

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #9
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

I'm also aware that this is currently a small community, and I see it progressing to a much, much larger one, therefor, eventually we will need guidelines for sure, because, like I said earlier, you can't stop the inevitable, people will fight and things will get out of hand. If we start to have them earlier in this community it will be easier to control and things wont get chaotic as it starts to get bigger.

But anyways, here they are...

1. No name calling, bad mouthing, being told to shut up, etc...
2. Small disputes are aloud as long as they don't get out of hand.
3. No making fun of or putting down anyone for anything including beliefs and mental disorders
4. No ordering, bossing people around.
5. No preaching anything moral or immoral like sex, drugs, alcohol use, religions, etc...
6. No ism's. (Racism, Sexism, Agism, etc...)

Thats all I have for now. They are common knowledge, but once and awhile you will have a few people who may need a reminder. If you have any ideas to add to the list to to take off feel free because I want everybodies input. This is a community, and I believe everyone should have a say in what goes down here. AND if we need to add something because someone is offended or anything I will recommend it goes on the list.

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:29 AM   #10
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

i think that list is reasonable

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
dying lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #11
Runner
Junior Member+

I agree...it seems do-able!
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #12
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Thank you guys!

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!