Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 31st, 2009, 07:54 AM   #1
oregonscientific

Name: Oregon
Exclamation Do I have an OCD?

Hi there,

For as long as I can recall in my life I have always had to have things symmetrical and perfect otherwise it will constantly annoy or agitate me. For example, at school on a whiteboard when the teachers rub off the pen to clean it, if they leave even one little dot of pen left on the board it would distract me from my work and end up making me very angry. Every day I have to go around my room and line up everything perfectly so it doesn't annoy me. If there is a fingerprint on my T.V. I will have to get a cloth and clean it off before I can watch it. If my deodorant lid is not screwed on it will annoy me. When I write be it on the forums or on paper I cannot let my self write an 'I' without making it a capital. If I rub an object say 6 times clockwise, I will then have to rub it 6 ways anti-clockwise... Do you think this could be an OCD?

Thanks for taking time to read this,

Benjamin

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems or just want to talk!

Last edited by oregonscientific; May 31st, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
oregonscientific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Agent
Member+

Default Re: Do I have an OCD?

Yes, I think its OCD.
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:20 AM   #3
oregonscientific

Name: Oregon

Is there a name to this OCD?

Thanks...

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems or just want to talk!
oregonscientific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Triceratops
VT Lover

This sounds like a classic symptom of OCD. Nothing to worry about really, so many people have similar traits and habits that fall within the OCD criteria.

If these particular habits and rituals are ruling your life and are constantly putting you under stress then I recommend you seek a psychiatrist for a diagnosis, advice and support. But apart from that, if these certain rituals aren't creating too much of a bother and annoyance to yourself and others around you then I guess there's no need to worry about it for now as there are lots of people out there who experience the same rituals just like you.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #5
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

You may have some of the symptoms of OCD but having the symptoms does not mean you have the syndrome. You need to fit the diagnostic criteria also, ideally done by a mental health professional, then you have OCD. Fitting with the symptoms though does not necessarily mean it is OCD. All it means is, you fit the symptoms but fitting the diagnostic criteria is still questionable.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #6
wolfman775
Junior Member+

I was going to make a new thread for this but I couldn't think what to call it.
I sometimes get realy annoyed when things are not perfect and I just cant hel but Try realy hard to make them perfect, like If I the bookmark in my book is slightly un-aligned I will actualy sit there for as long as it takes to make it sit right and if I cant I get realy fustrated and end up trying so hard to get it to sit right its just impossible. Also on forums when I make even a tiny little mistake in a post I will actualy go back and edit it as many times as it takes to fix it even if its the sort of mistake nobody notices. Could I have an OCD?
wolfman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Desy

Desy's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

@Wolf;
Hun, I get those all the time. You probably have "symptoms" but it's not all that serious. You'll be fine<3
Desy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #8
Charleigh
Awesome Poster

Charleigh's Forum Picture

Name: Charleigh

I do that alot and if I walk with my right foot first I can't help but jump on both feet then start with my left foot jump again and carry on walking. If my spelling is wrong sometimes it drives me crazy, if therebis a smear on my iTouch then if I dont wipe it then it makes me annoyed. I suffer from ADHD and my friends think I have OCD ive heard of it but never knew what it was. I can do make up because if I put fondation on oneside of my face I woe it offand start with the over side. I'm exactly the same, when I walk into a room I have to turn the light on with both hands so it doesn't irritate, I also get very disturbing thoughs but that is a little bit of my ADHD so just get checked out. Do you ever get it when your drawing I'd there is a crease on the paper it males you andry I get that all the time

FREEZE mother fucker..
Charleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:27 AM   #9
brandellerifka

Name: Brand

Hi fattail95, I think its wise to take expert advice on this. Moreover, there are plenty of online resources that can help you for free. Try Recoveryconnection.org for more information or call their toll free number 800-714-8354 and talk to them. It may help you. Good Luck!
brandellerifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #10
kika12

it sounds like ocd but i think maybe you want to go to a doctor they can help you to feel better and diagnosed you because maybe is not that so i really I advise going to a psychologist because i seems this bothers you so a little help would be goos.
kika12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM   #11
kika12

i sound like some symptons of OCD but i recommend me you go to a psychologist to get a diagnosed and to get help because if seem's that bother you so a little of help would be good.
kika12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Yesterdays Hero
Member++

Yesterdays Hero's Forum Picture

Name: Maxwell

Well I think everybody has OCD to some extent, and this is no exception. I'm like this too, I get really annoyed if things aren't straight and in line, and with grammar and spelling, if I see somebody that have spelled something wrong, I really get annoyed also.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
"Life Through The Eyes Of A Nutter."

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/fo...play.php?f=269
Yesterdays Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #13
drewlink99

drewlink99's Forum Picture

I get what your saying. It sound like it, it truly does.
Just try to slowly pick of the "little" things, and I KNOW how hard that is, it's like something that is poking at you till something is done! But you have to ignore it!
Try not to replace one habit with another! That would be counter productive...
drewlink99 is offline   Reply With Quote