Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 17th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #1
zonok17

zonok17's Forum Picture

Default my dog

my dog is being put down tomorrow.... he is my first dog/pet, and probably my last dog... he is practicly my twin, being only a couple weeks older then me... i dont know how to handle this loss.... please help.
zonok17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Theres no way to help really, no matter what I say it won't magically make it better. Only time can heal this kind of pain. My Golden Retriver was put down a year ago, it was horrible. I had her from like 4 er 5 to 16. I loved her, she was very loyal, extremly protective of me, I remember I used to lay my head against her chest and use her as a pillow when I was watching T.V or a movie at night, I'd usually fall asleep and she.....would...not...move, wouldn't not an inch untill my mom would come and get me.

Now I just moved out so I can't see any of my dogs not Carlie (pure bred minature poodle), Keyna (pure bred black lab) or Missy (multiese, poodle mix).....I miss them allot.

I'm sorry that this is happening but if shes older then you and your 13 then she is really really old for a dog and I understand putting her down, it comes to a point where your keeping them alive for your sake not theirs. Brandy was really old and in allot of pain when we had her put down she had had 2 dislocated hips, a twisted gut, broken leg and somthing else when I was younger......So anyway it got to the point that she couldn't even get up I would literally have to pick her up onto her feet and then I'd have to stay close and watch her cause she wasn't very stable. It was my parents that made the decision to have her put down and at the time I HATED them for it but now that I look back I understand why.

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #3
zonok17

zonok17's Forum Picture

update- i said good bye to my dog this morning. thanks to FaDinG DreaM for helping me cope with the loss.

Note to Self: I miss you Terribly.
&& for the record: I really love you. and as for..him.. think of him as a unic in waiting.
zonok17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #4
LegallyBlonde101

I understand how upset you are. I am an animal lover. But sometimes it is best to let them go. You dont want them to suffer even if it is tough...I hope that helped
LegallyBlonde101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #5
Just...Will
Awesome Poster

Just...Will's Forum Picture

my oldest dog's 16 and still doing okay, very small dog, a terrier, and then my other dog's 14, and they both have their problems, and neither of them can use the stairs anymore, but id be devastated if they died. were not gonna put the older one down tho unless she gets really bad, but she does have some of the dementia that most dogs over 14 have, so i dont really know what its like to see one of them go, but i know id be devastated. as i said before. The best way, in my view, to deal with it would be to think of the good times you had together, and i know that is SO corny but it really does work, so i've been told. im really sorry for you.

-WILL

Je vais t'aime toujours.
Meme si tu ne m'aimes pas.
Rappeles-tu toujours ca.
Llama.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/moon13.gif
Just...Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #6
Anonymous
Unregistered

i remember my bloodhound, and my various rodents. D:
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #7
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dog was put in the wrong compartment at Bangkok airport. Froze to death.
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #8
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

wow.... that hella fucking sucks dude im sorry. what did the airport people do? you should have sued them for the cost of the dog, which was probably expensive
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #9
Anonymous
Unregistered

They said it was Thai Airlines's problem, and then Thai said it was the airport's prolem. I think it was the airports.