Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 11th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Agent
Member+

Default Could I have schizophrenia?

Hi, I think I might be schizophrenic(I know, here is many threads about this issue).

I have been seeing things for about 3 months, but I know that they arenīt real(I heard that most schizophrenics think they are real). I also hear things, like strange speech(dunno what itīs saying, it sounds so strange) and screams. I have also trouble telling did something really happen or was it just a dream(my teacher was angry at me because of something but I donīt remember was it just a dream). And Iīm very apathic(I havenīt cried even some of my relatives/friends have died and they were actually very close to me). I laugh, but I donīt cry. And I sometimes even laugh at things like murders etc.
And Iīm also pretty paranoid. And I also feel kinda alienated, like I would be different than everyone else. I have also lost some of my appetite and schoolwork seems harder than before.
I also have feeling that someone or something controls my thoughts. I hate people with developmental disabilities like down syndrome etc.
I donīt want to hate them and it feels like someone or something is controlling my thoughts to hate them.

What do you think?

Last edited by Agent; May 11th, 2009 at 10:03 AM.
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: Could I have schizophrenia?

Talk to your parents about it and look into seeing your doctor or a psychiatrist for diagnosis, only a professional can give you a proper diagnosis. It sounds like it's interfering with everyday life, and that's not what we want. Sometimes it's just tricks of the mind due to stress, lack of sleep, abnormal neurochemical behavior, etc. so it could possibly not be schizophrenia. But of course, as I've said, go to your parents about it hun, that's the best place to start looking for help.

Good luck = ]

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #3
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Some of the symptoms occur with other disorders (i.e. hating people with developmental disorders, paranoia, laughing at odd things, etc...). Without knowing how you are with others, how much sleep and stress you have, etc..., one cannot even guess accurately. Ideally, see a psychiatrist, psychologist or neuropsychologist for a proper diagnosis.

However, I did spot that nice little bit of info, that any half-witted doctor would spot also: the visual hallucinations. According to the DSM-IV-TR, Criteria A specifies that the symptoms (hallucinations, delusions, negative symptoms, disorganized speech and disorganzied/catatonic behavior and needs at least TWO of them to be met. Clearly, the hallucinations does qualify, however, from what you told me, I am unsure about the second one. Granted, paranoia could qualify, however, could you explain more of what you are paranoid about in more detail?

You should realize that Criterion A is not the only diagnostic criteria that needs to be met. However, it is probably the easiest to meet. There are 4 or 5 other criterias the need to be met, and those are best assessed face-to-face with a psychologist, psychiatrist or neuropsychologist.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #4
Agent
Member+

Well, check my paranoia thread so you can get more in about my paranoia.

I donīt stress very much(at least I think so) and I have friends. I donīt act strange when Iīm with them, but sometimes I feel that they donīt really like me.
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote