Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 6th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Snowfox
Member+

Name: Pyry
Default Standing up for someone

I really dont know if I did right thing back then or not.
This happened last fall at school. There is this Jewish kid who is kinda small and year younger than I am . I don't even know him well. He gets picked on quite often for being a Jew. Mainly muslim kids like to torture him. While teachers naturally never do anything to it one day I had had enough. I have been bullies and called nasty names like kuffar and shitface and what ever insults there are by some of those same subhuman parasites.

It was early fall and I had plan to go to fishing after school so I had telescope fishing rod and fillet knife with me and my backpack. I saw them pushing this kid around and slapping him.
Something snapped in my head i took my backback and took fillet-knife and sneaked behind and next phase I was holding one bully and knife on his throat I said "Stop now" in loud voice. And for some odd reason they did stop. Jew boy his name is Akiva by the way was staring at me. Pretty much everyone was staring at me. I then used hmm pommel i think thats right term. Pommel of that knife of mine to smash that one assholes face 2 or 3 times. No one tried to do anything.
I grabbed Akiva from shoulder and said come with me now.
Akiva came we left school and went to my home. I made coffee and he was shaking I was shaking and he called to his mom who wasnt home yet. His mom would pick him from our place in 4 hours. I took him to my room which is upstairs and loaded shotgun just in case.
I called my bro I knew mom was at work and calling to her doesnt work because of her job.

Anyway bro came home and wasnt happy. I can see it from his face. We treated this kid well we gave soda and food and we did play with cards and watched tv until his mom picked him up.
After that point I just looked sheepisly my brothers face and well I had to take shitstorm.

He was angry cause I endangered myself and cause I pulled knife out. He also had received call from school about what happened. He did stand for me against teachers and principal. Anyway I was protecting someone else.
I bet that only saved my ass from serious belt beating that time.

Have any of you ever done something similar or do you have any opinions about all that what i did. I still dont know if I did right or wrong. I at least got one friend
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: Standing up for someone

I think you did do the right thing, in spirit, however...the whole pulling out a knife thing and threatening one of them with it...could have gotten you hurt, or in alot of trouble.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Hey welcome to VT.
I think overall what you did was admirable and good. Defending someone who can't themselves is a good thing. And you made a stand to make a change. Hopefully for the better.

Yeah I've been in that kinda situation before. And there no good tbh. Weapons, knives guns whatever will only bring you more trouble. And in the meantime you risk getting injured or others to.

Not saying you did wrong, cause I don't think you did. But consider the alternatives.

Also, if you got a knife, you don't know what they got. They seemed to not be carrying that time. But if I was them, I'd be dam sure to be one up on you for the next time. So be aware is all I can say
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:38 PM   #4
jazzygirl
Banned

Good job on standing up to those bullies, although I think pulling out the knife is a little bit extreme. But I understand where you are coming from. There were many of them and there was only one of you. You needed something to protect you with. I think since you go to school with those kids you should really be careful then. You don't know when they might go looking for some payback.
jazzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:30 PM   #5
Uniquemind
VT Lover

The above post has me concerned too.

The male brain likes physical displays of power when competing with other males, you've got to be on-alert, and play defensive social strategies for a while, stay within your group of friends and if another fight has to happen, document it and do not instigate the response (start it)

Forget fears of expulsion, there are other schools, and all colleges offer GED programs. But doing the right thing and not letting emotion get the better of you is important.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #6
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

I've never been in a situation like yours. You did the right thing by intervening. In the future though, remember that it's best not to be so impulsive when it comes to using weapons for defense. You could have gotten in a lot of trouble. Luckily that wasn't the case, and I'm glad you were able to help him.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #7
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Sure it is good to stand up for someone needing your help.
I had done that in this case, too but have myself done so a couple of times.

However, I would really advise you to think the whole thing through a little better. Pulling a knife and responding to violence with violence is not only wrong but also incredibly dangerous. I dunno uow it works in Finland but where I live you could either get arrested for pulling a dangerous weapon on someone or you run the risk of getting severely injured or killed by your opponent since you never know what kind of weapon they have with them.

So a more peaceful solution would be better next time.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #8
Barbara.
Awesome Poster

Barbara.'s Forum Picture

Name: Barb

Yes you defiantly did the right thing for standing up for someone that had a disadvantage. I know how it feels to get bullied just because I'm different than the other students. So sweet and noble of you.

Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #9
Snowfox
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_ View Post
Sure it is good to stand up for someone needing your help.
I had done that in this case, too but have myself done so a couple of times.

However, I would really advise you to think the whole thing through a little better. Pulling a knife and responding to violence with violence is not only wrong but also incredibly dangerous. I dunno uow it works in Finland but where I live you could either get arrested for pulling a dangerous weapon on someone or you run the risk of getting severely injured or killed by your opponent since you never know what kind of weapon they have with them.

So a more peaceful solution would be better next time.
People generally dont carry gun here. They posses guns for hunting and sports but carry licence is rare. Our shotgun for example is for hunting and sports.
People can carry knifes concealed if they wish as long as blade is no more than 6 inch=15cm.
Anyway I know now that it was damn close call for me to end up in trouble only my brothers diplomatic ways of talking got me out of it.
My bro was so angry at me. I consider myself lucky that I didnt receive ass beating that time. I guess it was cause bro has soft spot for jews.

Also what happened gave me this reputation of being littlebit nutcase. Is it for good or bad I dont know. Akiva is my close friend nowadays and despite him being younger we hang around in school and outside of school too.

Another subject I have to say I disagree about violence not being good response against violence. It is usually best one. Reason being that historically it has proven to be good solution to problems.
Old June 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM   #10
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Another subject I have to say I disagree about violence not being good response against violence. It is usually best one. Reason being that historically it has proven to be good solution to problems.
Yeah it's historically proven like in "the war to end all wars".
But never mind, just be a lil more careful if you do that the next time. You never know what kind of nutcase your opponent is and bad people usually also don't really care about gun licenses and stuff.
Old June 10th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #11
Aldee

Name: Alex

Early on in my high school life, a lot of people bullied a classmate of mine. Though I didn’t defend him verbally, I did talk to the bullies via social messages to help.
Aldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #12
Snowfox
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_ View Post
Yeah it's historically proven like in "the war to end all wars".
But never mind, just be a lil more careful if you do that the next time. You never know what kind of nutcase your opponent is and bad people usually also don't really care about gun licenses and stuff.
Bad peace is better than all out war. But totally crushing enemy is better than bad peace. That being my point. You know there are assholes who enjoy torturing others. No amount of talking will change their way of thinking or acing but gun pointed to their head might do.

If Violence is not answer why police carry gun or baton or pepper spray?
they do cause violence is ansver
Old June 10th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #13
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Quote:
Bad peace is better than all out war. But totally crushing enemy is better than bad peace. That being my point. You know there are assholes who enjoy torturing others. No amount of talking will change their way of thinking or acing but gun pointed to their head might do.

If Violence is not answer why police carry gun or baton or pepper spray?
they do cause violence is ansver
Where we ( @Peanut_ ) and I live, police carry those things to combat crime. Criminals carry far more dangerous weapons that the police. So it's really more about self defense and protection of the public.

And no, violence is not the way in any situation. It's a last resort. I've been through enough shit myself in my own life to know that even if I win the fight, everyone still looses in the end. The battle scars aren't always visible or able to heal. I'd avoid violence at all costs.

Just my opinion
Old June 11th, 2017, 01:52 AM   #14
Snowfox
Member+

@Peanut_ and @Just JT maybe you being older and more experienced you could teach me something. I mean I am no mister know it all.

You know that well I just am bit like hothead sometimes. People around me know this most of them say that I should be more calm in many situations. Anyway reputation of being nutcase stays on me and I think its not gonna go away anytime soon.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:01 AM   #15
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

@Snowfox I didn't realise you were younger than me. You talked about watching Trainspotting 2 with a girl in another thread. It's an R rated movie here so I felt you must be 16 already.

I am not sure what to teach anyone...guess we live in completely different worlds. I don't know anything about Finland and live in a city here in the US with one of the highest murder rates and stuff. People get shot nearly on a daily basis. So I see violence a little different maybe. Only a couple of days ago a 6 year old was shot while playing outside. The kid didn't die but still violence is just getting out of hand and there's no way for the police to stop it. Things get just crazy.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:26 AM   #16
Snowfox
Member+

@Peanut_ I know we were not supposed to get to watch that movie but I juts gave another 5 euros and it was fine. Bribery is wonderful;D
Anyway that what you said sounds pretty bad... Violence getting out of hand... Why people shoot another people. Sounds like that you have gang problem or maybe drug problem.
Like here every second household has rifle or shotgun but shootings happen around once a year maybe. And I thought that in USA police are walking around murdering people for fun that is at least what I have read from news.

Anyway what you told me made me think that while violence is certainly one way to deal with problems while it might not be best one in all cases. You realize that simple talking to bad guys wont help or simple talking to bullies wont help. Sometimes you need something physical to enforce your point. Trusting police is not wise so people need guns in case something happens.

Last edited by Snowfox; June 11th, 2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #17
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
I thought that in USA police are walking around murdering people for fun that is at least what I have read from news
Ah well they are not doing it for fun...they get paid to do so. No just joking. I hope that most of the killings by the police are justified in one way or other.
And well we don't have particularly high drug or gang crimes...it's just the whole situation is bad in general with people being poor and hopeless.

Quote:

Anyway what you told me made me think that while violence is certainly one way to deal with problems while it might not be best one in all cases. You realize that simple talking to bad guys wont help or simple talking to bullies wont help. Sometimes you need something physical to enforce your point. Trusting police is not wise so people need guns in case something happens.
I know talking alone wouldn't help same as violence alone I honestly don't know what the best solution would be. But everything is better then just looking away when someone needs help.
I personally just try to stay away from dangerous weapons apart from using them for hunting purpose.
So the last time a bully hurt one of my friends I threw a book on him...not the best solution either.
Old June 17th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #18
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

@Snowfox

What @Peanut_ is saying is real. The states is different than other countries regarding violence in many ways. We've both been through and seen more violence most kids our age would see in a lifetime. Seems to follow me all my life. Even when I'm not looking for it, find myself in the middle of it in every way you can imagine. And it sucks. In this past year I've know 3 kids my age murdered. One other adult was stabbed outside Ina bar in a fight near my home. Over nothing. He died to. One of those kids was shot dead in his own home at his HS greaduation party when he opened the door to allow some assumed party guests in. None makes any sense at all. It only wastes lives

IMO you need to find a way to avoid that best you can. Stand your ground, and do your best to stay outa the mix. Sometimes that's impossible. I know that for fact. But being known as a hot head isn't gunna help any of that. You need to get that under control. And it's not about a short fuse or impulsivity. It's about anger. Anger I'm pretty sue me @Peanut_ and yourself knows about.

So take a look around bro. At 14, you can see others doing this shit, and see where there going in life. Me and @Peanut_ can paint some good images of what your life will be like for you at your age and ours if you don't steer clear of that bullshit. It's not fun, no picnic, no place you wana ever go or visit

Just avoid it bets you can. Talk to someone about what's going in inside your head. Channel that anger into a positive direction. That's shit you need to do now before you make a really bad choice bro

Last edited by Just JT; July 5th, 2017 at 01:52 AM.