Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old April 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #1
LaLa

Default *sigh*

anyway as some people may know... i have been seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist for four months now and have been diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. recently, some of the things my mom has been noticing about me are sort of make me wonder if i could possibly be manic. for a while my emotions have been like a roller coaster. one minute i'll be so depressed, the next minute i'll be laughing like a maniac and having the time of my life, sometimes i'll even have weeks with fits of rage and all i wanna do is cry. this usually happens when when i don't take my meds, but it sometimes happens even when i am on them. is this some sort of reaction or could i possibly be manic?
LaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Truth
Banned

Default Re: *sigh*

Last edited by Truth; April 1st, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Θάνατος
Banned

Name: None of your business

Well make sure to take your meds, they will help stabalize your moods.
Θάνατος is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

Truth, PMSing isn't the answer to all mood swings. PMS happens in the week before a girl has her period, not all the time. And, regardless of if LaLa is 13 or 14, she can still have PMS as long as she's having her period.

I agree that you should make sure to keep taking your meds. If you've been on them long enough to have adjusted (usually 6-8 weeks is enough to get a feel for how well it works for you), please talk to your doctor about trying something else. Four months isn't very long in the grand scheme of getting treatment, but if you have been seeing your psychiatrist for that long and been on these meds for that long, you probably shouldn't be feeling this way. Mania is something only your psychiatrist can really diagnose, but even individuals who aren't Bipolar can sometimes have manic episodes as a reaction to certain anti-depressants, known as SSRIs. Fortunately, there are other types of anti-depressants which may work just as well or better for you. Almost anything would be better than how you're feeling now, I'm betting.

Talk to your doctor, see what you can do. You don't have to keep feeling this way. Make sure both your psychiatrist and your psychologist know what's going on, so they can work together to help you through this.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #5
Truth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope Eyes View Post
Truth, PMSing isn't the answer to all mood swings. PMS happens in the week before a girl has her period, not all the time. And, regardless of if LaLa is 13 or 14, she can still have PMS as long as she's having her period.
I know that, but if she wasnt just starting to PMS i doubt it'd be any surprise to her. I also know it isnt the answer to all mood swings, that's why i suggested to just keep taking the meds ._.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #6
LaLa

i'm sixteen in case you were wondering. haha, but i have been on zoloft for, as i stated previously, four months. in that time they have changed my dosage multiple times from 25 to 175, and still going. My doctor assures me that all my extreme mood swings, which are completely out of the ordinary for me, are normal, thanks for the help
LaLa is offline   Reply With Quote