Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #1
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default stupid first years

so im in third year and I know this girl who's in first year who considers her and her friends to be 'emo'. so she tells me about her friends sometimes and she said before that this girl started 'slitting' as they put it because her boyfriend of two weeks (who she hadnt kissed yet) broke up with her. that pissed me off.
a couple of weeks later, she tells me one girl started doing it because someone was gonna ask her out then decided not to. literally, boo hoo.
WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS??? I hate to say it but I can see where this whole classifying 'emos' as cutters thing comes from if this is how stupid people are. and they tell all their friends when they do it. do they know how hard it is for some peopel to hide it? people who might have real problems?

sorry, had to get this off of my chest and theres no one I could tell without having to explain about myself. I was extremely peed off.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Miss Punk
Member
 
Miss Punk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 22, 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Now I feel a little stupid, because it only takes something trivial like that to set me off, even though I know how trivial it is. But I would never go and tell everyone about it, I would be mortified if anyone found out! Do they think it's cool or something? I'm finding it hard enough to get together the courage to tell one friend and only because I trust her and want to get help.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #3
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

its fair enough if something little is a trigger, that makes perfect sense. but when its just some pathetic little girl trying to get attention, its annoying.
they think its hardore and are trying to make themselves look 'emo' (though I dont believe in all that)
you should do that, if your sure you can trust the friend. I did tell one friend I thought I trusted, she came into school the next day with a tiny scratch on her wrist and told everyone she'd been doing it for months. I dont know what her deal was but i'm sick of people using it to get attention. especially when I know what it really feels like.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Miss Punk
Member
 
Miss Punk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 22, 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

That friend saying she'd been doing it for months - what a stupid thing to do, I can imagine that would annoy anyone who knows what it's like. I still don't understand why anyone would want everyone to know.

That's what I'm afraid my friend will think if I tell her, that I'm doing it for attention, or that I'm making it up when I say it's been 4 years because that's longer than I've known her for and I've always managed to hide it because I only did it sometimes and it's only lately that it's become a habit. She doesn't know that I used to be depressed and suicidal which made me start in the first place, so if I told her, I'd have to bring up that as well, and I'd just look like I'm making up stories for attention. I wish I could tell someone cos it's taking over my life.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #5
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

I can see why. I hate anyone knowing, a few members of my family found out but I think they just forgot it.
Well that girl I told goes on about it all the time, asking me about it and trying to make it look like she's doing it worse. I couldnt care less if she was, I just know shes lying since she wears short sleeve t shirts all the time.
I think, if you're sure you can trust her enough to tell her, she wont think that. She'll probably just want to he;p you and not judge you if she's any sort of friend.
I can see why some people take it as looking for attention the way some people act about it really.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #6
Miss Punk
Member
 
Miss Punk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 22, 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

My sister saw my cuts two weeks ago by mistake because I was careless, I had thiis horrible sinking feeling in my stomach when she said 'What happened to your arm?!' I just said that I fell and that it wasn't as bad as it looked because it was healing. I think she's forgotten about it now.
I think I still need to think about telling my friend for a while, I'm undecided whether I want to go and do it.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #7
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

yeah, my brother saw when we were messing about and told my mum when he was annoyed at me for using his laptop (nice right?). she tried to talk about it with me but I didnt want to and she hasnt mentioned it again. qhich I'm hapy with.
Yeah, you should definately make sure she's trustworthy cos it really is a big deal.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Miss Punk
Member
 
Miss Punk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 22, 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Wow, lucky escape for both of us there. I've had a few of those. They always make me feel terrible.
I feel so bad, just now I just started cutting because I couldn't stop myself anymore and then my mum knocked on the door with some food and I had to hide my arm which was dripping with blood behind the door and say I didn't want anything, now I feel so guilty.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #9
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: stupid first years

The people who do this because they are at a loss for how else to cope do not go around telling and showing their cuts off.

Hope you two are taking care of yourselves!


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster
 
Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 15, 2009
Location: Shrewsbury
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

i think your being abit selfish here. because it might take you alot to make you cut. but other people who have it in worse cases. well only takes something so "stupid" as you say to trigger off cutting.
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #11
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie.X View Post
i think your being abit selfish here. because it might take you alot to make you cut. but other people who have it in worse cases. well only takes something so "stupid" as you say to trigger off cutting.
They don't go and brag about it or otherwise drawing people's attention to the fact that they cut though. They don't act like it's something to be proud of. The attention seekers do.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Shattered Soul
Member
 
Name: Cathy
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Location: Hampshire, England
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 5
Default Re: stupid first years

hmm...there was an abundance of people who consider themselves 'Emos' at my old school, I had no problem with them as the few who did cut were using it to cope and there were quite a lot of emos who didn't cut. I spoke to one girl who actually admitted to me that she had starting cutting a week earlier coz she thought it was cool and wanted to be part of the emo group. I mean, seriously, you don't need to self harm to be an emo - it just so happens there are a few who do self harm. I asked her if she'd still feel the same way when it goes to far and ends up in hospital, she stopped after that.
And it kind of makes me feel bad that after telling her that, I started SHing, even though I do it for completely different, the typical reasons. (9 days without SHing)

xxCathyxx

~ We've got to find the courage to live to fight another day. And remember, someone, somewhere is their holding your hand when you cry at night, fighting right beside you, and that person will help you hear the music of the world again. They will be the one to see not just the beauty of your eyes, but the beauty and wondor of the soul within you. ~
Shattered Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster
 
Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 15, 2009
Location: Shrewsbury
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

yes i agree but some people are proud to be cutters and some people are ashamed. my best friend cut once and told people about it and didnt hide it, but she did it beccause she was depressed. (alot of things were goin on at home) but not all people decide to keep it to themselves. i understand where your comin from though, i just think people should be able to handle it however they want?
xx
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #14
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie.X View Post
i think your being abit selfish here. because it might take you alot to make you cut. but other people who have it in worse cases. well only takes something so "stupid" as you say to trigger off cutting.
it doesn't take me alot, very small things can trigger me. but it's not the fact that they were doing it. I would NEVER judge someone for that. but it's the fact that they tell ALL their friends and seem to only be doing it to look depressed and fit in with what they imagine is a culture. I dont think they realise that they could end up more badly injured than they intended to be or that someone could find out and refer them to some sort of counsilor when they might not really need it.

There will always be people who are considered 'emo' and cut, it's the people who do it because they are or want to look it that annoy me.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #15
Miss Punk
Member
 
Miss Punk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 22, 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

I would never wish this on anyone, so why people go and cut themselves just to try and fit in with a group is beyond me. They obviously have insecurities of their own if they feel they need to do that to be accepted.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #16
Aηdy
Banned
 
Aηdy's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: July 19, 2005
Location: England
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Punk View Post
Now I feel a little stupid, because it only takes something trivial like that to set me off, even though I know how trivial it is. But I would never go and tell everyone about it, I would be mortified if anyone found out! Do they think it's cool or something? I'm finding it hard enough to get together the courage to tell one friend and only because I trust her and want to get help.
You shouldn't feel stupid about it as your reasons might be the same but the logic is totally different. People who do it for attention or because it's 'cool' are just stupid.
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #17
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
You shouldn't feel stupid about it as your reasons might be the same but the logic is totally different. People who do it for attention or because it's 'cool' are just stupid.
Yes! Thats what I'm saying. And especially since these girls have a friend who I think really was depressed when he was doing it and he ended up in a psychiatric ward. you'd think that'd be a deterrent.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #18
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster
 
Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 15, 2009
Location: Shrewsbury
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Alright God. Sorry For Havin An Opinion Guys!!!
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #19
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles
 
Sapphire's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 22, 2005
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie.X View Post
Alright God. Sorry For Havin An Opinion Guys!!!
That's over the top and unfair.
No one's attacked you for expressing your opinion. People have just explained where they are coming from.


~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #20
DinoRAWR
Junior Member+
 
DinoRAWR's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sammy
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Glasgowish
Gender: Female
Default Re: stupid first years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie.X View Post
Alright God. Sorry For Havin An Opinion Guys!!!

no, Im sorry, I didn't mean that. I was just trying to explain what I'm thinking and my view on that. I wasn't judging your opinion, it was a fair one.
DinoRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org