Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Destiny&Desire

Destiny&Desire's Forum Picture

Default I just can't be bothered anymore.

I wake up in the morning, and nothing motivates me to get out of bed.

I go into school, and I don't work as hard as I could/I don't do homework, just because I can't see the point in doing it. I only do exams because I'm made to; I couldn't care less whether I have a future or not. I have no motivation.

I can't really say anything to defend myself here - my family think I'm lazy, but I don't know whether it's just that, or there's a real problem to do with me, or something.

I just can't be bothered to do the simplest of tasks - I'd rather sleep/do nothing. I don't see the point in anything.

Sorry, no idea why I'm posting this. I'm just fed up because I don't know what I want to do. I can't be bothered to get help. I can't be bothered to not get help. I just sit here like an idiot, I really don't see why life's worth living.

“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” - Nelson Mandela
Destiny&Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #2
Hyper
VT Lover

Default Re: I just can't be bothered anymore.

Yeah even though you can't be bothered.. Get help

Thats all I can say, thats just classical depression.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #3
bevans
Banned

You need to seek professional attention. You better do something to deal with this before it's too late... Good luck!
bevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Destiny&Desire

I've tried looking for help!

I told my mum once two years ago, and then again recently. And every time she has passed it off as me being upset because I have a really sh** time in school. I just don't know what to do now because she's so desperate to pass off my problems as something else. She thinks I'm being f***ing lazy.

I'm on the waiting list for some "advisory service", but because I'm not "urgent" or anything, it's gonna take a few months before I'm at the top of the list. I just can't wait a few months though; nothing's gonna get better in a few months.

I have exams in a few months, and I just don't care anymore =[. I don't know what to do with myself!

“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” - Nelson Mandela
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture

u sound just like me
i can neva be bothered to do anything.. im just lazy!!
theres nothing wrong in that.. its natural as far as im concerned!!
i never want to get out of bed.. i like my sleep? so do you?
i dont see a problem with that.. dont worry theres nothing
wrong with you. you just dont see life to its full potential ?
xx
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #6
Destiny&Desire

hmmm... maybe

it's just that this "laziness" is stopping me from leaving my house, getting out of bed, doing important work...

very "extreme" laziness.. somehow =s =p

Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #7
sugarbaby

Why dont you plan trips out with friends, as something to look forward to?
Everyone hates exams and school, but if you plan things outside of school, the days get shorter and you end up having loads of fun!
sugarbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Triceratops
VT Lover

I'm sorry to hear that you have to wait months before you get help.

And in all fairness to you, your mum doesn't exactly help the situation either. She needs to understand you more and acknowledge what you are telling her.

In the mean time, your exams are coming up and you need to study. I have to really force myself to study as I can never be bothered with them, and loads of other people have to push themselves to do it as well, so I suggest you force yourself to study regularly too. You may feel like you don't care now, but if a bad grade comes out of the exam, it will feel horrible later on.

Also, you might want to see friends more often to cheer you up. Maybe plan some fun stuff with them.

Hope all turns out well.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM   #9
cool person

To me, it sounds like you are suffering from a text book case of depression. I really suggest you seek proffessional help. If I'm reading what you are saying correctly, your mom isn't belieivng you when you talk to her and she is saying your basically making an excuse for your lazyness.

It is really important that you keep trying to get through to her, no matter what you have to say or DO.
cool person is offline   Reply With Quote