Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #1
lol123

lol123's Forum Picture

Default How Does It Feel?

im not trying to be mean or anything i just wanna no.i have to know what people with add do and how they live.can anyone tell me?ofcoarse i have no problem with people with diseases like these..i consider people that make fun a holes..but i need to no this

Need Advise?
Need To Talk To Someone?
Just Wanna Chat Or Talk?
Then ADD Me In Skype Or MSN! I'm Available When Ever I'm Online!
lol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Viola

Default Re: How Does It Feel?

Sometimes it makes you feel alone, but other times it helps me. I compose better music without medication in my system.
Viola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:56 AM   #3
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandino123 View Post
im not trying to be mean or anything i just wanna no.i have to know what people with add do and how they live.can anyone tell me?ofcoarse i have no problem with people with diseases like these..i consider people that make fun a holes..but i need to no this
I have ADHD and it isn't a DISEASE!

That is offensive.
Justin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Austen is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin16 View Post
I have ADHD and it isn't a DISEASE!

That is offensive.

Why the hell do you find it offensive.
Austen is gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM   #5
PrincessSarey
Banned

It's a disorder of the mind.
It is lonely when you feel misunderstood.
It is very insulting when someone doubts it is real or thinks you are faking it.
It is a huge impact in many areas. Career, home life, social life, etc.
It's extremely difficult to control yourself at times.
There are different types, inattentive, combined, hyperactive/impulsive.
Combined is a mix of both inattentive, hyperactive and impulsive. I'm combined and it's quite common.
Inattentive is most seen in girls; and also harder to diagnose. They may be missed because ADHD is sterotyped as one bouncing off the walls.

Here is a site that is using Winnie The Pooh to explain the types of ADHD and symptoms;
http://newideas.net/add_types.htm

It feels a varies of emotions at different times. It's hard to explain in words.

"You cannot understand it unless you've been through it" - this applies to many things in life.
PrincessSarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #6
Project Delta
Banned

Project Delta's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

Tbh i have to agree with Justin, I have ADHD and its not a Disease its a disorder, and it is quite offensive to think of it as a disease.
I feel lonely, but want to keep to myself still
I feel like an outcast
It makes me really shy and i cant speak in crowds even if i've known the people for years. :/
Project Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #7
PrincessSarey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkonia View Post
Tbh i have to agree with Justin, I have ADHD and its not a Disease its a disorder, and it is quite offensive to think of it as a disease.
I feel like an outcast
It makes me really shy and i cant speak in crowds even if i've known the people for years. :/
Sounds like an anxiety disorder more than ADHD.
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #8
stranger

I have the disorder as well. I sometimes feel misunderstood when I do something impulsive (sometimes I dance for no other reason than the fact that there was music playing, for instance), but I have started to work through it without medication and I actually feel like I am more likeable without it. I still feel misunderstood, but somehow that is a good thing now, not a bad thing. I think it can be a positive thing if you learn enough self control to keep up healthy relationships.
stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #9
MuseDae

Name: Elizabeth

Quote:
Quote:
I feel like an outcast
Sounds like an anxiety disorder more than ADHD.
These two disorders can go hand in hand. I have both ADHD and an anxiety disorder. I've heard ADHD makes you more susceptible to having depression and anxiety.

Anyway. ADHD...it's different for everyone, I think. I have to be in control a lot, otherwise people think I'm completely insane. I write at my best when I'm off my medication, but only for a day or so. It's just...something you can't really explain.
MuseDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #10
trenton.g

awww i feel so bad for you guys i have a friend wth adhd and hes a really nice guy but sumtimes he gets a little crazy
trenton.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #11
Project Delta
Banned

Yeh i agree with MuseDae, its something that is really hard to explain.
People call me crazy all the time, gets on my nerves :/, and even my family... because they think i can only be 'normal' while on my meds, which is totally not true!
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #12
PrincessSarey
Banned

I think I know that. I suffer from multiple anxiety disorders, along with other disorders, MuseDae. I'm just saying that both have some similar symptoms therefore it should be checked out, as it may be one, or the other. But yes, it's possible to have both. I and many others out there are proof of that.
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #13
MuseDae

Name: Elizabeth

Ohh. Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, it's generally better to be checked out, as ADHD is the most commonly overdiagnosed disorder. It should be the LAST option to look at, not the first.

But as we both said, they do sometimes go hand in hand
MuseDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #14
bill

Name: bil

finaly something i can get inturested in! i have adhd and it is a heck load! it has its bad things and good things. good thing, you always want everything neat. well sometimes. its just thats every now and then something will drive you insane and make you want to make it perfect. maybe not good.. or it makes you realy hyper. it just gives you constant enerhy. it prety fun! also wen it gets realy bad, you never calm down. ever. you never can get it thro your thik skul to shut the hell up and stay stil. thats another thing you dont stay stil. but a good thing for every one is that suger as the opicate efect for adhd peeps. i drink coffee and it makes me sleepy and i lay down.. but peeps can make fun of you a lot for it.. all in all, i have adhd and i LOVE IT! i can use it as a weapon! my parents anoy me one day. i anoy them in advance the next day!
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:04 AM   #15
bill

Name: bil

Quote:
I feel like an outcast

i agreessss
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #16
jetbluerocks

jetbluerocks's Forum Picture

I have ADD so Im not hyper but other then that i have all the same things...I hate that i have to take meds for it everyday before i go to school...its annoying...

Hi there. I am JetBlueRocks, as you can see I love jetBlue.
jetbluerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #17
Project Delta
Banned

Cheers for agreeing Bill, but dont double post okay. Admins moan about it, giving you forward warning nicely
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #18
PowerShift
Junior Member+

Hey
What it feels like to have ADD huh?
Well I have ADHD, and personaly I dont feel that much different than how normal people feel. There are so many kids out there with ADD that it almost seems normal now Anyway, you feel a lot more distracted than other people. Especially during school. But ive pretty much gotten over this-well not over it, but more used to it- ive learned to live with distractions, and i can still get good grades even though im distracted. ADHD also includes being unusually hyper. ive used this trait to makd friends; its really wierd, whenever im hyper i can really make people laugh. this just helps me make friends. So life is pretty awsome for someone with ADHD, especially because you can make your brain think of SSSSSOOOOOOOO many things at once. you can be dancing on the top of your desk during class and distract all of the normal kids while you are still paying attention to the teacher. Youll be the one to pass that test tommorow, nobody else. and thats how ADHD feels to me.
PowerShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM   #19
Blkbeltteen
Junior Member+

Blkbeltteen's Forum Picture

Name: Andrew

Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD or ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder. It is the most commonly diagnosed psychiatric disorder in children affecting about 3 to 5% of children globally with symptoms starting before seven years of age. It is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity. ADHD is diagnosed twice as frequently in boys as in girls, though studies suggest this discrepancy may be due to subjective bias. ADHD is generally a chronic disorder with 30 to 50% of those individuals diagnosed in childhood continuing to have symptoms into adulthood. As they mature, adolescents and adults with ADHD are likely to develop coping mechanisms to compensate for their impairment.

ADHD to me was a curse. Being socially awkward, Distant from other kids. and Hyper active. You seem to daydream mostly all day. Very fidgety. Caffeine is your worst enemy. (however to me it actually doesn't quite affect me anymore)

That's just a small part of it..

Its like... Being on a sugar rush 24/7 thats the closest thing i could compare it to.

No ADHD is entirely real. Though skeptics say it doesn't exist or its just a manifestation of the kids mind to make him or her get attention. it does hurt when people say that its bad parenting, The kids faking it. Etc. But I know what I have and I'm hell bent to control it. I will not let it run my life.

And Ill be damned to take another medication.. Ive taken every single one known to man. Adderal, Strattera,Daytrana, And the list goes on. All of them.. Screwed me up. Either the lack of hunger, Or just being zombiefied (Zoned out, Completly out of it)

I think Ill stop before I start ranting..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/501457601.png

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. "

Thomas E. Lawrence
Blkbeltteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #20
Giles
Legendary Member

Giles's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Quote:
I feel like an outcast
i know someone the complete opposite to you tht has ADHD, he never shuts up lol, he bullies every1 cos he cant stay still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhat
Age is just a number. Yeah? Prison is just a room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotStandUp View Post
call me harsh but you have to be a mega-attention seeker if you feel the need to announce that you're leaving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
i'm too busy licking my own arse to bother with ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcofan View Post
So one time when i was watching her house
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote