Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #1
imDee

Default Schizophrenic Sister.

My boyfriend has a sister who is Schizophrenic.. Her life is falling apart she completely gave up on her self she whines for money she doesn't work she was a straight A student @ UCLA she has no motivation at all. His parents wont help her & go against everything he says & they just keep handing her money & driving her everywhere. He is only 19 and has the responsibility of taking care of her on his own.

Oh did I mention shes addicted to Benydryl? She cries & cries until they take her to the hospital to get sleepy medicine...

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to help her & him?
imDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #2
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: Schizophrenic Sister.

If she's been diagnosed with schizophrenia by a doctor, then the only thing to do is get her in treatment with one. She needs medication.

I'm not sure why your b/f has the responsibility for her, but if he does, then he should either take her to a doctor (If he's over 18), or he should work with his folks to get her to one.

Schizphrenia can be controlled, but only with proper medication. The task is getting her to a doctor who can do that, and the best thing you can do is help facilitate that.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Skeln
Great Poster

Skeln's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby
Default Re: Schizophrenic Sister.

This is a sad case. You could suggest to your b/f to find her a good doctor. Not all doctors who say they treat schizophrenia are good at it. Look up doctors before they start perscribing meds. This happened to my mom, and she nearly died because of mental shock. Also, she does not need to be taken care of for the rest of her life. Sure it's hard to find a good job with schizophrenia, especially when they dont want to put forth the effort, but they still can. Try to help her get her motivation back up! My mom passed USC even with schizophrenia, so she can pass at least a communitycolledgeif she tries.
Skeln is offline   Reply With Quote