Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 11th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #1
weebananas

Default Am I bipolar?

I've thought I might be bipolar/depressed or something, but I've never been sure. Anyway, I looked at the symptoms, and...

The manic symptoms include:

Severe changes in mood compared to others of the same age and background - either unusually happy or silly, or very irritable : It changes a lot throughout the day. It normally depends on the people I'm around, and where I am. I'm usually quiet, but if peopel start talking to me, I'll talk a looot.

Unrealistic highs in self-esteem - for example, a teenager who feels specially connected to God : I tend to feel I'm smarter than everyone else all the time, and I often make up my own philosophies and theories on how things work. I feel like the grades you get in school don't show how smat you are, just motivation and such. I get bad grades, and think I'm smart. Not that I'm smart, but I feel I think differently and more advanced than my peers. This part is a definite. Not just a yes, but a definite. This thinking highly of myself is what keeps me going oftentimes.

Great energy increase and the ability to go with little or no sleep for days without feeling tired : I actually get tired very, very easily. In fact, I'm almost always tired.

Increased talking - the adolescent talks too much, too fast, changes topics too quickly, and cannot be interrupted : Yup. I don't really talk too much, but if you get me started, I will talk waaay too much.

Distractibility - the teen's attention moves constantly from one thing to the next : Yuuuup.

High risk-taking behavior, such as jumping off a roof with the belief that this will not cause injury : No, I'm actually very careful wen it comes to things like this.

The depressive symptoms include:

Persistent sadness, frequent crying, depression : I don't cry a lot, but I often think pessimistically.

Loss of enjoyment in favorite activities : Yeah... I used to be pretty popular and hyper in school, now I sit alone at lunch and dont exactly have any BEST friends.

Frequent complaints of physical illnesses such as headaches or stomach aches - Yup. Also, I'm not sure what this is, but... I often get very dizzy and my legs get weak if I stand up after sitting down for a while. My visin also gets bad. It lasts for 5-10 seconds after I get up. This has been happening for about a year. When I went in to the doctor's, he asked me if I ever felt depressed or anxious. I told him I didn't... But that was only because my mom was in there.

Low energy level, poor concentration, complaints of boredom - All three of those, definitely. Especially low energy.

Major change in eating or sleeping patterns, such as oversleeping or overeating - Yeah... D: I eat way too much, and sleep quite a lot. I'm not overweght, though.
weebananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison
Default Re: Am I bipolar?

Taking symptoms and putting yourself in them is the wrong way to go about it. You appearently took a list and the plugged in your behavior after it to confirm that that fits. Now, the single only person that can diagnose a psychiatric disorder of any kind is your doctor. Bottom line. If you are truly concerned, we can't diagnose you. The symptoms could be true, yes, but do not rely on your own perception to self diagnose because thats just incorrect. Talk to a doctor. Talk to your parents. Its cool if you are, just don't self diagnose.

All you need is love.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Ladysman

Ladysman's Forum Picture

You could be going though puberty

Follow me on twitter.com my username is alexdude1 ill follow you back
PM me if you have any questions or problems ill help best i can check out my new blog about me as a bi sexual in high school i just made it so still waiting for it to "evalovle" lol it is bipride.blogspot.com look at the polls or comment send in your storys watever just check it out to suport the bi sexual community!
Ladysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #4
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

*sigh*... self-diagnosing is not good to do, you see the various descriptions and you mold yourself to it. If you think about it, you may act like it, and hence, you could be seen as one when it's self-induced. I'm not going to say you have it because of the fact that you have self-diagnosed and could mold yourself to fit the behaviors. If I say you do, I'm only encouraging them. If I say I don't, either you believe me or you don't believe me and you continue to believe them. So, my advice is stop self-diagnosing, quit thinking about the lists of symptoms. If you want a diagnosis, see a doctor.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote