Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old December 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #1
mikeantibiotic

Default What kind of voices do you hear?

I did a few evaluations and I supposedly have some form of Schizophrenia (forget which kind), and I hadn't really notices any signs of it until recently. I'm not even sure if it is a sign, so I'm checking here, because I don't go to my doctor for a month.

I was in my bed a week or so ago, and I heard voices, not telling me to do stuff or anything, but just voices. I couldn't even understand what they were saying because they were so low. Could this be a sign of Schizophrenia? At my group therapy sessions, it seems like all of the people hear distinct voices, giving commands or whatever. So I'm not sure if this could be a sign or not. Then, on the other hand, I might have just been hearing some distant radio...
Old December 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #2
liveinfear

when papa used to take me to the creek he would make me sleep out side of the cabin and i would not be abele to sleep all night because i herd voices at night time and i couldnt understand them now i hear them all the time 24/7 but i cant understand them

[img too big]
Old December 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #3
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

You might be schizo but you need to go to a doctor to find out for sure.

Josh

Old December 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #4
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

ThePhantom's Forum Picture

I dunno if im schizo but i always hear my name being called by somebody .. i look up and nobody said anything no creep voiced or anything

And some weird form of brainwashing or something.. but when iw as 9 i would always hear this song on the disney channel and every time it got to this one part i would hear my father (he moved out about a year before that) calling my name and i would look up and go outside to see if he was there . .every time heh . .really weird

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/Phantomsig.png
Gay. Vegetarian. Atheist.
www.alexoxford.com
Private message me for cognitive therapy.
I am going to major in social psychology.
*Like What i have to say? Click the scale to the left!*
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #5
IOrion
Unregistered

I also think that people are always calling my name... it gets frustrating...
but the most noticable thing is every once in a while (week or so) ill wake up in the middle of the night between 12 and 1 (everytime its been between 12 and 1 so far) and ill hear people whispering really fast and then ill just fall back to sleep... omfg iv been watching too much lost...

Old March 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #6
c.a.182

c.a.182's Forum Picture

i hear my mom most of the time, in lots of differnt tones

christyn*

im feelin like a freak on a leash*
feelin like i have no realease.

Oh can\'t you see
you got the best of me
oh cant you see
your bringin on the heartbreak
takin on the best of me
oh cant you see
your bring on the heartache*
Old March 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #7
kim46
Unregistered

Default omg

oh my god..sometimes i hear my mom..other itmes i hear random stuff...it can get scary..when i find out no one said anything i wanna scream

Old March 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Hearing voices or auditory hallucinations, are symptoms of what is known as a mental state called 'Psychosis'.

Schizophrenia is one of several psychotic disorders. If you, or your friends are hearing voices, seeing things which are not real, feeling things that are not real or smelling things that aren't real, it is very important you consult your doctor as soon as you can.

Psychosis, is a serious medical condition that needs appropriate professional help. If you had a lump, getting larger on your chest, would you see a doctor? Most likely. Treat mental health in the same light, psychosis is serious, and it's very important you get help and you'll be on track for recovery in no time.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Old April 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #9
Melchi0r
Awesome Poster

Melchi0r's Forum Picture

Sometimes I hear breathing. Not voices, but breathing. Sometimes, it's a Darth Vader-like breathing and sometimes it's like a dog panting.

But I don't know if I'm schizophrenic.

Please Click Here... you know you want to.

Only hyms upon your lips...
Old April 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #10
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

You know if you really are schizo you can't tell when you here if its real or not. Its real to schizo no matter how crazy it might seem. I can't tell whats real or not and thats what screws me up so bad. For now I've been doing really good lately but it never lasts. So I go from normal (when my meds are working right) to totally insane.

Someday, I hope to be able to do normal things like drive and have my own apartment. But first, I have to figure out how to do without some of my meds so I can drive and get a job to pay for a place.

I've been practicing art and I'm getting really good at painting. I just can't paint people yet. I can paint the landscape perfectly. Trees, roads buildings and other stuff is easy.

Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Josh

Old May 28th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #11
IvanTheCat

Default Re: What kind of voices do you hear?

I don't think I'm Schizo, but sometimes I hear my name called, but no one's there. When I hear it, it's not exactly clear, realistic, or loud. I just hear it. That's probably the only symptom i get of being Schizo...

You can tune a piano, but you can\'t tuna fish!
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #12
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Then I guess you're not Schizo
I hear my name in music sometimes...it's weird. I can hear my mom say it when I have my earphones on but when I take them off and go "What?" she says she didn't say anything. Course it's the same song I hear it in so it's just how the music goes!
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #13
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I hear my name being called a few times, usually when im expecting it. but it doesnt make you Schizo
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #14
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

ThePhantom's Forum Picture

During this one old song i use to always hear my stepdad call my name and i would always shout "yeah?!?" and everyone would think im crazy.. it would always happen at the same time of the song too.. the first time it happened he really did call my name though So more of a brain thing this a schizo thing

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/Phantomsig.png
Gay. Vegetarian. Atheist.
www.alexoxford.com
Private message me for cognitive therapy.
I am going to major in social psychology.
*Like What i have to say? Click the scale to the left!*
Old June 8th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #15
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Its really nice having some other schizo's around here cause I feel really lonely sometimes when I'm posting.

So welcome to my world of insanity.

Josh

Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:27 PM   #16
Rooster

Rooster's Forum Picture

I have my name called by this shrill and extremely cold feminine voice, and it also says that I'm worthless and stuff. So I mentally kill it (Invision it, and shoot it or burn it, etc.).
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:54 PM   #17
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
Its really nice having some other schizo's around here cause I feel really lonely sometimes when I'm posting.

So welcome to my world of insanity.
Lol I know the feeling of having other people like you around. It's great
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #18
xdeviancex
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I have my name called by this shrill and extremely cold feminine voice, and it also says that I'm worthless and stuff. So I mentally kill it (Invision it, and shoot it or burn it, etc.).
Lol... thats funny... how you kill it..
sometimes i hear voices... i always hear my name being called but oh well it ain't serious...i dont know... sometimes i think i experienced things in some time that never existited... who knows.. and alot of things feel as i knew somewhere... im very dreamy i guess.. maybe my dreams have a serious input on my life... i have bad anxiety and asthma like in the symptoms...
I either have serious mood swing disorders or I have multi personality disorders... I use to not be able to go to bed for seeing things.. I have frequent paralysis... i sufforcate in my sleep frequently i have dreams of dying and seeing white lights... i have asthma or anxiety attacks for depression...I'd like help if you guys can..AND also i always feel a presense around me.. might be my guardian angel.. i like my angel.. she always kicks spirits asses! right on!

21/M/FL, and I'm Gay.
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:01 PM   #19
Glasgow
Banned

Once i heard in a song "Paul the reaper wants more" But that was just once. I sometimes hear people calling my name, but not usually
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:09 AM   #20
tj822

yeh i hear people calling my name then i turn round and like no ones there, or there are people but there just talking to themselves and no ones looking at me.
this one creeps me out even more. i hear my dad in the distant saying my name and it happens quite often, but hasnt recently for some reason.

and ive never really thought that i'm schizo but yeh
Closed Thread