Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Burnthecity
Member++

Burnthecity's Forum Picture

Name: Lou
Default panic attacks

Hey guys, ive been having alot of panic attacks latley, and i dono why, useually once a day, ill have one

i dono whats sparking them, ill be sitting there waltching tv, reading a book, just talking to friends, and itll hit me, ill get dizzy, shortness of breath, etc

what should i do
Burnthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #2
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: panic attacks

Welcome to VT, my friend. I've been answering a lot of your posts, and it's becoming clear to me that maybe you should find a therapist or counsellor to talk with, there's just a lot going on for you which seems to be hurting a lot. And these panic attacks are just another example. I think you're telling yourself something, it's like your mind is saying 'Ouch'.

Let's get you to a doctor, OK? Can you make some time this week to talk with your guidance counsellor and let him/her know that you've been feeling bad about a lot of things and want to talk with someone about it? I think it might really make you feel a lot better.

Let me know how it goes.

Sam
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Burnthecity
Member++

ok sam, if you think itll help, ill go talk to my guidance counsaler on monday, i really appreciate you replying to my posts, youve helpped alot, thanks man
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #4
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnthecity View Post
ok sam, if you think itll help, ill go talk to my guidance counsaler on monday, i really appreciate you replying to my posts, youve helpped alot, thanks man
"My day is now complete!" Thanks, I'm glad it helped.

Yes, i do think you're stressed out enough to benefit from talking with someone......sorta like it helps to talk here, but in real life it's probably going to be better b/c there'll be a person right there with you!

Let me know how it goes Monday, I'll check back.

Sam
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #5
Burnthecity
Member++

hurray, having a panic attack, the girl i really like, i just told her i couldnt do the long distance thing, well she told me to fuck off basicly, F*** MY LIFE, well now im sitting in my basement, crying, yes crying having a panic attack, i cant walk, i can barly breath, my life is horrible! ugh!!!!!!
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #6
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

oh, dear, you certainly didn't need that! She probably felt rejected, you can get back with her and tell her that yo can be with her "in spirit, and MSN". or wait till the next one.

Everyone wants a sense of permanency, and although sometimes that's not so (like online when great distances are involved), you can still provide reassurance that what you feel is REAL.
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #7
Burnthecity
Member++

this has to be the worst night of my life, im serious, im fighting with my mom, my sister, and now the most amazing girl in the world, can my life get any worse?
she said
"i understand things 2 clearly and that ppl are all the same...ur no different..i wish u were...

i just hope ur happy...but y wouldnt u be?..u won...

as for the saying about my eyes..pls dont...cause u know its not true...i was always a nothing 2 u just like every person on here...at least ur in good company with the rest..."

when we talked i made a statement and said "nothing shines quite as bright as your eyes" and well i ment it

and she ment everything to me, i just wish she understood