Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

View Poll Results: Do you feel two guys fighting is ok?
Yes, it's the way guys are 12 44.44%
No, fighting is stupid 11 40.74%
Neither support it or condemn it 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Default Teen guys fighting

Kinda put this topic in the puberty for boys forum considering aggression and testosterone kinda make us wanna fight all the time.

Well, I ain't against two teenage guys getting in a fight, as I think its normal for a guy to get into one or two during his middle school and sr high school life. As they say, boys will be boys.

But is it wrong to feel sorry for the guy in the white shirt in this video?

~*Link removed by Kaleidscope Eyes. Please to not link to sites which contain ads for inapproriate sites.*~

I kinda respect him, as even after all that, he was still able to stand up after it was over.

What do you think?

I also like the fact the guy in the red shirt after the fight holds his hand out and helps him up. Kinda like saying: "man, I still wanna be your friend, its over now."

Last edited by Kaleidoscope Eyes; December 9th, 2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Cindex
Member+

Default Re: Teen guys fighting

That's what happens. One time me and my friend joked around pretending to jump a friend and he thought we were serious. He was a lot bigger and he dropped me first with a knee to the chest. Took my friend and threw him off his back flat on the ground.

We got back up and started trying to take him down when about 6 or 7 people came out from behind a fence with trees next to it. They all made a ring and another of his friends joined him. We all walked away smashed up. But when we were finished. We stood up, shook hands, said "later", and walked away laughing.

Sometimes you just need to get anger out.

The red guy just has courtesy.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Yellow

Well , Tbh its just kinda human to feel sorry for someone , for example my baby brother broke his arm and someone pushed him of the climbing frame , thats how he broke his arm. Most people thought that the kid that did it was a Fag , but i felt sorry for him because a 3 year old dosnt really mean to do that or no what he is doing and he got shouted at alot , and yeah obv tell him off but he got kicked outa the school the parents got bitched about so much and they moved away.

So , yeah Its all good to Feel sorry For peeps
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #4
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Uh? Reality check? Fighting=violence. That's OK? I don't think so, esp. when we don't really know what the purpose of the fight was? Did the kid in the white T shirt invade the home of the other guy and threaten his family? Somehow I don't think so. So, what justifies him repeatedly punching his opponent in the face? And what about the camera man? Why didn't he break it up?

Yeah, we guys have a body full of testosterone, and we all know that can be difficult to control at times. But, to aide in that process of self control, we also have brains, usually much bigger than our testicles. Better for these guys to learn to resolve their disputes using grey matter, at some point they might find it an inconvienent truth that you have to use your words to resolve differences of opinion.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMSAM View Post
Uh? Reality check? Fighting=violence. That's OK? I don't think so, esp. when we don't really know what the purpose of the fight was? Did the kid in the white T shirt invade the home of the other guy and threaten his family? Somehow I don't think so. So, what justifies him repeatedly punching his opponent in the face? And what about the camera man? Why didn't he break it up?

Yeah, we guys have a body full of testosterone, and we all know that can be difficult to control at times. But, to aide in that process of self control, we also have brains, usually much bigger than our testicles. Better for these guys to learn to resolve their disputes using grey matter, at some point they might find it an inconvienent truth that you have to use your words to resolve differences of opinion.
Well I think they both consented to being in the fight.

And actually I think they both were in the same group, and the guy in the red was "meant to lose".

The only reason why the guy in white lost was because he tripped at the wrong time.

In all the fights I have been in (like three of them after school), both me and the other guy equally consented, just like in most fights between two guys.

I mean you might think its wrong to fight and that fighting solves nothing. But for me and a lot of guys out there, it is a quick and effective way of solving a problem. I think its better than the female version of conflict resolution of bitching and psychological manipulation that goes on for 6 months.

Give me 5min any day and a handshake right after.

This ain't the same as two gangs fighting with guns and knives. It is just two guys having a normal 1:1 fight with only fists.

Last edited by Justin16; December 9th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Cindex
Member+

Yea neither looked mad really, so I think they were fighting for the sake of fighting. We do that a lot, but we usually avoid direct blows to the face. The gut yes, but we don't like to break bones.

Boxing is better in some ways. Unless you get your nose smashed XD
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #7
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Justin, 'consent' doesn't make something OK. It often means that 2 people just share the same bad judgement!

I suppose there are times when violence is OK, but without really knowing the reason why these 2 guys were fighting, we have to wonder if there wasn't a less aggressive way for them to work this out. Someone could have gotten really hurt.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #8
doktored
Member+

doktored's Forum Picture

I find that most of the time, after a fight, two people become closer. I had a fight in the first year of second school with a guy I absolutely hated, I lost (but I reckon I could take him now ), and we are, to this day, much closer than we could have been without the fight.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #9
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
I suppose there are times when violence is OK, but without really knowing the reason why these 2 guys were fighting, we have to wonder if there wasn't a less aggressive way for them to work this out. Someone could have gotten really hurt.
It was actually up to the guy in white to finish it.

If you listen really carefully at the end, he says something like "I'm done". He admitted defeat and it was over.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #10
Requin
Horse Cock

An old argument this. Is it fine to do something (violence, war etc) for a supposed 'Just' cause.
I also noticed that no one stepped in to stop the fighting...which is typical. But can't unfortuantly be helped. You can feel like that if you want, other's will disagree, and some will agree.

But remember, even though they shook hands and stuff, they still had a fight.
And we don't know why..Not everyone will agree with you...please remember that as some people seem to of forgotten this in the debates on here recently. It's been a sticky mess that has got some people upset.

Happy now that I've depressed everything up?

The Man with No Name
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #11
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
I find that most of the time, after a fight, two people become closer. I had a fight in the first year of second school with a guy I absolutely hated, I lost (but I reckon I could take him now ), and we are, to this day, much closer than we could have been without the fight.
Yeah its funny how that is.

I'm the same with the guys in all three of our fights. Win or lose, you either respect the guy who wins (if you're the guy who loses), or you respect the guy who loses for giving it a good go and not running off like a chicken.

It does form respect in a way and a closer friendship.

Once its over, shake hands and have a laugh.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #12
Requin
Horse Cock

Not always.
But yeah it's down to some alfa, macho male type thing. You respect someone more when you've thumped the crap out of eachother. Don't know why, you just do.

The Man with No Name
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #13
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Plus who wasn't proud of their first black eye or cut lip?

When I walked in at home with a cut eyebrow, my dad was like "that's pretty cool".

I think it is what all dads expect their sons to get into eventually. Sort of like a rite of passage.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #14
Cindex
Member+

Kind of like people proud of their first hickey.

It's like showing you're tough. If someone was really hurt, they would've quit.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #15
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindex View Post
Kind of like people proud of their first hickey.

It's like showing you're tough. If someone was really hurt, they would've quit.
Yeah.

All it takes is one guy saying: "it's over", and then its over u shake hands and that is that.

Now it ain't a real fight if when someone concedes defeat the other guy keeps going.

We're talking about the normal teenage / young adult guy 1:1 fight. Not gangs, not weapons or anything.

Fighting is part of our instincts, something that really magnifies when our balls drop. People can call me a redneck, a hick or whatever. But the only reason why a small fight between two guys has become taboo is because of the feminists feminizing guys, saying masculinity is wrong and bad and saying that "boys cant be boys".

Well, hey, I say: "boys will be boys".

Last edited by Justin16; December 9th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #16
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

I'm with Joe on this one.

My father would have been absolutely horrified if I came home with a black eye. He wouldn't have seen it as a 'Right of passage' to be proud of, he would have seen it as a failure. I suppose it comes down to expectations and all. My parents expected me to develop my brain and use it. Justifying violence serves to perpetuate the aggressive nature of our culture, and prevent people from learning ways to not only control the inner forces within, but also develop ways of mastering the environment around us.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #17
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
I'm with Joe on this one.

My father would have been absolutely horrified if I came home with a black eye. He wouldn't have seen it as a 'Right of passage' to be proud of, he would have seen it as a failure. I suppose it comes down to expectations and all. My parents expected me to develop my brain and use it. Justifying violence serves to perpetuate the aggressive nature of our culture, and prevent people from learning ways to not only control the inner forces within, but also develop ways of mastering the environment around us.
So boys cant be boys these days?

Maybe my opinion is wrong, maybe its because I grew up in a family of 8 boys and no sisters.

But I just feel being a guy is good, and we shouldn't deny our instincts.

When my little brother (13) came home with swollen knuckles, I kinda felt proud. The fight wasn't him being a bully, in fact was between him and one of his friends who both had a slight falling out over a girl. They both consented to meeting each other after school in a park.

From what I heard from a few of their friends who were there to observe, they both got a few good punches in and after 5min a few of their friends stepped in and told em that they both tied.

And they're both still friends, which is cool.

Last edited by Justin16; December 9th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

This is a weird thread. I'm 19 now and I never have been in a fist fight. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm a wimp but overall I got along with most people and never looked for trouble.

When I have a problem with someone I talk to them. I think it takes more courage and wit to talk to someone than just hit them. Its easy to just get in a fight and sort it out by winner or loser. You don't need brains or problem solving skills to get in fights.

If fighting is the only way you can solve a problem then in the future you're going to lack any kind of non-physical problem solving skills. if you're mad at your boss are you going to punch them? No you'd be expected to talk to him or someone hgiher up.

But there are people out there who only know fighting to solve problems. And these people often get in trouble with the law for fighting with people. Then the next thing they know they become wife-beaters because all they're used to is physical means to solve problems.

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Requin
Horse Cock

Yes I understand that Justin but you describing that thing with your brother in the park, reminded me of a thing that happened here in england a few years ago.

A kid had organised to meet another lad on the courts after school, they met, only the other guy brought two friends, and all three started hitting him...with bats.
They nearly killed him and ended up in hospital, all three are in jail now.

I agree with you on the macho being a man thing. But having a fight, or drinking for that matter doesn't make you a man.

Basically I agree with Ant and Sam on this.

The Man with No Name
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #20
Justin16
Member+

Justin16's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
This is a weird thread.
Yeah I know, but I mean its something all teenage guys think about. I remember the first day of middle school thinking that there might be a fight[/quote]

Quote:
I'm 19 now and I never have been in a fist fight. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm a wimp but overall I got along with most people and never looked for trouble.
And that is cool. But does that mean that guys who might have a fist fight are wrong or bad?

Quote:
When I have a problem with someone I talk to them. I think it takes more courage and wit to talk to someone than just hit them. Its easy to just get in a fight and sort it out by winner or loser. You don't need brains or problem solving skills to get in fights.
I ain't saying people shouldn't talk things over. But sometimes you're so angry and so is the other guy, that you just wanna fight each other.

Quote:
But there are people out there who only know fighting to solve problems. And these people often get in trouble with the law for fighting with people. Then the next thing they know they become wife-beaters because all they're used to is physical means to solve problems.
And most guys who get into a fist fight during school ain't criminals or wife beaters later on. I was always raised to respect women and to never "lay a hand on them".

I was always told its only ok to lay a hand on a guy.