Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Spinder
Member+

Spinder's Forum Picture

Default schizophrenia

I am schizophrenic and I'm worried its starting to ruin my life. The only people that know are my mom and dad, even my school doesn't know because I see private doctors and therapists, I don't really have any close friends but I never dare tell any of them anyway because the world is extremely non-understanding and judgmental of people like me and I don't want people to think I'm more of a freak and make fun of me and shun me more than they already do. They have all already figured that there is something wrong with me, but they just think I am a "crazy little fucker". People like me get portrayed in movies, TV shows and the media as evil and dangerous and retarded people and it makes me very angry when I think about it. I've never even told my significant others, and the idea of going through my life keeping this secret locked away inside is just killing me. I literally lie awake at night for hours just thinking about it...

☼ Spinder ☼
Spinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM   #2
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: schizophrenia

What are your symptoms, how are you and the doctors defining schizophrenia?
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM   #3
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

Moved Depression Loss and Grief --> Schizophrenia

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
thesphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #4
exxella

i know how you feel. some days i feel everyone should know, which would make everything so much easier, but other days i feel i have to hide it with all my energy.
it's hard to hide it. it's hard to have to play someone else in pubic. my advice is to only tell people you really trust. i have only told two people concretely, my boyfriend, who helps me alot, and a good friend of mine, who doesn't really take it seriously. you're right, it's portrayed in a terribly negative way, which pisses me off. on top of that, no body really seems to know what it is, so only tell people who are really interested in understanding it.
besides that, i say fuck what other people think. if everyone at school thinks i'm crazy, so be it, being around someone "different" can only do them good in the long run.
exxella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #5
Skeln
Great Poster

Skeln's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby

first of all i can really sympathise with you. my friend has schizophrenia...but thanks to his meds he is quite popular at school. schizophrenia is a tough thing, and I should know. I dont have ti...but I know three people who do. Parents and friend. Yes, I also hate how schizophrenics are portrayed in society, but dont let that get you down. I do hope you find some friends who can help you out with this illness. I certainly helped out my friend and I changed his life for a short time. Until I moved...just find a really good friend who understands. even a teacher can be a good friend.
Skeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:09 AM   #6
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

It is a hard thing to have (I do have it, along with some other disorders) and there's a large stigma attached. I've told some people, most just left me, a few got closer. I've told my parents and they seem to have completely forgotten or not even mention it, unless a doctor mentions it then sometimes they'll get all sad for a bit then forget about it.

You still can succeed with it. I'm in 2nd year university, double major bio and psych. I believe John Nash had paranoid schizophrenia.

What are your symptoms?
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote