Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 9th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #61
Dan_UK

Name: Dan
Default Re: Tips for Asking Someone Out!

Here's one for y'all

There's a girl I'm reasonably good friends with, and I have pretty strong feelings about her, to me she is pretty much the perfect girl, I couldn't think of one negative about her, she's has similar interests to me, such as in music, and is very friendly and nice so even if I was shot down she wouldn't be too harsh about it

However:

1) she's 3 years older than me
2)I can't just ask her out because she generally doesn't like going for the normal "dating" thing
3)She's been with someone fairly recently who everyone knows to be a complete dick, although when asked a day or 2 ago she said she isn't with him
4)She's moving about an hours distance away in september

Tips?
Dan_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #62
Haydzzz

Haydzzz's Forum Picture

Name: Hayden

If i wanna ask someone out i kinda just try and become really close freinds with them and if they dont try and become closer with me i dont ask em out.

Send me a message if ya wanna talk bout anything.
Haydzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:29 AM   #63
shellyagal
Banned

Name: shelly

"Love is in the air, everywhere I look around, Love is in the air, every sight and every sound." Try out if the other person loves you the same way as you do. You can send an anonymous crush to your heart throb using AAfter Search. Your identity will only be disclosed if your crush feels the same way as you do. Here is what you need to write in the search box- crush:your email: email of crush 1 : email of crush 2 : email of crush 3 then click Enter. Let the magic of love begin.
shellyagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #64
steve1234
Member++

steve1234's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyagal View Post
"Love is in the air, everywhere I look around, Love is in the air, every sight and every sound." Try out if the other person loves you the same way as you do. You can send an anonymous crush to your heart throb using AAfter Search. Your identity will only be disclosed if your crush feels the same way as you do. Here is what you need to write in the search box- crush:your email: email of crush 1 : email of crush 2 : email of crush 3 then click Enter. Let the magic of love begin.
Trouble with that is, wouldn't they pretend they like you back just so they can see who it is? I know I would be very tempted.

"Sing me to sleep
And then leave me alone
Don't try to wake me in the morning
'Cause I will be gone"
steve1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM   #65
Jennifer's Ashes
Member+

Name: Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEYOU View Post
I LOVE HER, i dont know how to start relationship, is it good to write "I Love You" on a Paper for her?
Honestly this is a little late.. But being a girl (and also a hopeless romantic) I would find that to be the sweetest, most sensitive, romantic thing a guy could say. You probably already asked her out but just for advice to others...

"You'd think they'd never seen a girl and a cat on a broom before!"

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/11/32/48/11324833_gal.jpg

Solo, Ashley, we miss you.
Jennifer's Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #66
Mutantslayr

I find it a whole lot easier if I just ask them
Mutantslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #67
calvin123

thanks it seems very useful hope it works for a moment I'd forgotten how to go about it as I was away from the dating game a while.
calvin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #68
lindsay_summer

lindsay_summer's Forum Picture

Name: Lindsay

I don't know about other girls, but if someone wants to ask me out he has to be more clever than "maybe we should hook up". I had my fair share of drooling idiots and it's enough. When you're in high school, it's ok, but now I really think that I've matured and I'm looking for something a little more sophisticated in my personal life.

Like, there's this guy I met on a student video site, matchvenue.com and we've been talking for two weeks already. He's really smart and yesterday he asked me out in a very cool way. He asked me out while playing his guitar in front of his webcam. How can you say no to that? Oh and he's really handsome.
lindsay_summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #69
dormiles

First of all, i wanted to say hi to all the forums users.
As a very shy person myself, i hate to ask someone out directly, it's simply killing me if i hear negative answer.
I usually just use some sweet Facebook apps, like Forever Friends (of which i'm big fan, feel free to join our Forever Friends Cute Bears facebook page).
Just check it out on FB, saved me a lot of nerves when asking people out

EDIT: typos
dormiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #70
Kakka123

good advice

High School DatingTips For Guys
Kakka123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #71
The Cali Kidd

The Cali Kidd's Forum Picture

Idk sorrry

KiddCooper

Feel free 2 PM me anytime im down to talk about anything
The Cali Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #72
The Cali Kidd

The Cali Kidd's Forum Picture

I would just say don't do it

KiddCooper

Feel free 2 PM me anytime im down to talk about anything
The Cali Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #73
Costanza
Junior Member+

Name: Andrew

Last edited by Costanza; November 28th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #74
Punannannan

Punannannan's Forum Picture

What you should do is find something that you have in common and discuss that.
Also don't approach her with your friends around you or she might seem intimidated.
On the other hand try not to approach her when she is with her friends or when she seems busy. Make sure you look at her face, but don't stare. Try and keep your voice calm, and make sure your body language gives the impression that you are open to discussion. Finally try not to move to fast, this could establish a relationship quickly but it might not work out in the long run.
Maybe you could say something like : Hey, I (insert topic here. for example music that she likes.)If you aren't busy, maybe sometime we could (see a concert, movie?)
It sounds like you are kind of shy, but most girls seem to like a little bit of that in a guy.
It shows that you take the date seriously, but you are not so shy that you won't be able to communicate effectively.
Punannannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #75
Conn0r
totally buggin'

Conn0r's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

I asked my last ex out over msn. :L
And we broke up over facebook.

life isn't that hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice
I'd say yolo to having fun at a party and dancing wildly (but not slutty dancing) or having like one jello shot
Conn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #76
danstheman24

Name: Danny (DAN)

Great advice ther!! (on the very first page) I only recently started going out with this lovely guy whom I like alot! He's gay and I'm BI.

How we ended up going out/in a relationship over MSN Live was kida funny lol
We're meeting each other on Thursday and i said to him as I was going over the arrangements again... "And you going to see me Thursday of course" I thought and then I said "Ahh SEE ME dont sound right!" He said "Well it could be right if you want I'm lonely these days and I want a bf and I like you" at that point I said YES, so now we're out

Cheers,
Dan.

DAN 17, Single, BIsexual living in South Wales.
Feel free to message me or add me as a friend on Facebook or MSN or here! FOr Facebook, search Danny Tjoe
danstheman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #77
jack straw

jack straw's Forum Picture

Name: Sean

Well... so. Theres this girl. and lately everytime I think about her its just... Well I'm sure yall know the feeling. But every single time we see eachother, I always manage to make an ass of myself in some way. I know for a fact that she thinks I'm a bit of a crazy guy, when it really couldnt be anything further from the truth. When I get nervous, my natural defense is stupidity. How can I get her to see a different side of me? Its rare that we see eachother, our families are friends but shes a year older than me (Freshman In college, I'm a high school senior) and even though I see her family alot shes only there at the most inopportune times.

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
Please, if you have Any questions on anything feel free to contact me with a PM, email, comment, Smoke Signal, Telepathically, etc. And I'll get back to ya as soon as I can.

"Impossible? HAHA I take that as a Challenge!" -ME. What a longgg strange trip it's been
I like vaginaaa
jack straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM   #78
pinball002

Name: jeremy
Lightbulb Re: Tips for Asking Someone Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo 69 View Post
Nicely said! Great advice! but i got a bit of a problem, 2 days ago I asked out this girl who ive known for ages, we were texting for hours, then i asked her out (not the best way i know but it was the only way to ask her at that moment). She hasn't replyed in any way and it's really bugging me now and it's making me not sleep.

Does she not feel that way about me? Any advice would be awesome
dude dont worry about it. she is probably still deciding.
pinball002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM   #79
theoburray

Sometimes they say "yes" yet this eventually turns into a "no" because of a lack of commitment to said date. Happened to me

I think girls judge way too harshly on how a guy asks them out and thinking 'if he does it this way' then he obviously isn't a good fit, it's easy for them 99% of the time they are the ones being asked out. I'd love to see a shift in the world and somehow girls are the ones asking guys out instead, then they'd know how it feels.

I'm just saying generally by the way. When I asked this particular girl out I know I was confident and even though I had nerves in me, I didn't let them out during the conversation (bascially done this by keeping the conversation flowing and not letting it stop)

Last edited by theoburray; April 21st, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
theoburray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM   #80
Steven.Lockman

Name: Steven

Great Tips.
I hope that it will be help me.
I will try this tips in my life.
Go ahead...

golf buddy
Steven.Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote