Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:35 AM   #21
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

Name: David
Default Re: Tips for Asking Someone Out!

@Faroz : "like lines"? You mean, "what to say"? Or something else?

I've also got question. If I rarely meet this girl, and only can meet her only for few minutes, how am I supposed to say if I want to ask her out?

And also... I can't just ask her to be alone with me, right? It's gonna be awkward IMO

Btw, that girl didn't know that I liked her
lesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM   #22
Faroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesher View Post
@Faroz : "like lines"? You mean, "what to say"? Or something else?

I've also got question. If I rarely meet this girl, and only can meet her only for few minutes, how am I supposed to say if I want to ask her out?

And also... I can't just ask her to be alone with me, right? It's gonna be awkward IMO

Btw, that girl didn't know that I liked her
Ya I cant just go to a girl and ask will you go out with me...
If I say something good and with style I would have a higher chance she would say yes.
And for you easy just find out what her last class is and go meet her after school but you should spend more time with her until she gets to know you more. Then she would at least know you when you ask her out
Faroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #23
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

Well, you've just answered your question, no? If not, maybe you should just talk about normal things, so she isn't suspicious of you. After she's into you, ask her out nicely...

That's what exactly what I really want to do , but she always tends to hang out with her friends. When she's with them, I'm really not sure I can get closer to her...
I'm very shy after all
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM   #24
Faroz

Quote:
Well, you've just answered your question, no? If not, maybe you should just talk about normal things, so she isn't suspicious of you. After she's into you, ask her out nicely...

That's what exactly what I really want to do , but she always tends to hang out with her friends. When she's with them, I'm really not sure I can get closer to her...
I'm very shy after all
ok.. what ever so like
-will you go out with me?
lol don't be shy ask her before she says yes to someone else my situation is different we have the last 2 classes together so she knows me
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:18 AM   #25
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

It depends on what she likes.
For example:
-Some girl like a brave, straightforward man who talks to the point. So, you should say "Do you want to have some coffee/tea/whatever with me?"
-Some girl like a man who flirt with her nicely first. Well, use your own imagination for this

So... I think it depends on how deep you know her...

Thanks, btw for your word! "don't be shy ask her before she says yes to someone else"
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #26
Faroz

Quote:
It depends on what she likes.
For example:
-Some girl like a brave, straightforward man who talks to the point. So, you should say "Do you want to have some coffee/tea/whatever with me?"
-Some girl like a man who flirt with her nicely first. Well, use your own imagination for this

So... I think it depends on how deep you know her...

Thanks, btw for your word! "don't be shy ask her before she says yes to someone else"
Thanks lol
I think im going to take her to see fast and furious next weekend is she says yes
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #27
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

Good luck Faroz!! Support you!
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #28
Jamesweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumleaf View Post
Tips for Asking Someone Out!

There are few things in life are as exciting as the prospect of a new relationship. It can be a scary thought sometimes while at the same time lifting your spirits and giving you a better look on life. While the initial attraction is rarely love, what it has is the promise of love to come and that can be very exciting. But the question that remains, and is what often frightens us the most, is how to move on from the initial attraction to the dating stage.

The answer is not simple. First you have to be ready to put your heart on the line by letting the other person know you are interested. There are different ways that you can let the other person know you are interested, whether it be in an obvious or subtle way. A good place to start is with some innocent flirting. It doesn't have to be anything major, maybe just complimenting them, and if your crush seems receptive and appears interested, then the next step is to ask him or her out.

Asking someone out can seem like a big deal, but really it doesn't have to be like that. It can be something simple like, "lets eat lunch together today" if you want to start off slowly. Or if you are feeling more confident or adventurous, you could try something more like, "do you want to see a movie with me on Saturday?" Once you have put your feelings out there in the open, you will soon know if the other person is interested as well.

If they say "no" it is pretty obvious that they aren't in to you the same way that you are in to them. Although this might be a bit disheartening and feels like a kick in the guts, it is ok and you should not see it as a fault with yourself. Unfortunately it is the risk we take in asking somebody out. But you shouldn't let a rejection stop you from asking somebody out in the future. Remember, because one person doesn't return those feelings, it doesn't mean that everyone else is the same.

Sometimes they may answer with "I'll think about it". If that happens, don't try and prejudge what their answer will be and try not to get too paranoid about it all. The waiting game can be very annoying, but most likely your crush didn't see this coming, and they will need time to sort out their feelings. The worst thing you can do here is rush them into giving you an answer. Ideally, waiting for them to make the first move in giving you the answer is the way to go, but if its been an extended period of time since you asked them out, then it would be worth just casually asking them again. Remember, an "I'll think about it" means just that, so you need to be patient.

But if they will say "yes" then you will have a chance to at the very least, to get to know your crush a bit better. The best relationships start by being friends and getting to know each other. So take advantage of that, you never know where this will lead. Maybe you will find that you are better off just being friends? That might hurt a bit, but think of it in a positive way, at least you have a new friend to share good times with. But maybe you will find that you are both well suited together and you end up dating and sharing a meaningful relationship together. It's the happiness you have when you find someone to share a relationship with that makes this all worthwhile.

When it comes to the crunch, if you want to date somebody you have to ask. Sitting around looking at someone you like and hoping that it will come together nicely on your lap will not get you far in the love game. Take the chance, remember you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. You don't want to look back in the future regretting that you didn't get to know a certain person or asked them out. Remember, you have everything to gain by asking someone you like out including, maybe, love!

During the dating experience, it is wise for a shy person to relax. In case you feel yourself becoming nervous, take a long and deep breath and then start pouring out your emotions. When people are shy for their entire lives, they are generally self confident regarding their shortcomings. It is a good dating strategy for shy guy not to worry much about expressing the views to other person as the latter is actually tensed about his or her looks, hair or dressing.
There are highly useful dating strategies for the shy guy on World Wide Web that can help to overcome the problem of shyness. As tough as it is for the shy people, it is imperative to make an eye contact while on a date
Jamesweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #29
sabotaged111
Member+

sabotaged111's Forum Picture

Nice post, also very well presented

WE ARE THE RUST UPON YOUR GEARS, WE ARE THE INSECTS IN YOUR EARS, WE CRAWL, WE CRAWL, WE CRAWL, ALL OVER YOU!

KILL THE MESSIAH!
[/SIZE]
sabotaged111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #30
The Joker
VT Lover

The Joker's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I don't know, I like a girl. She and I are thirteen, our birthdays are 3 days apart. Now, we are both in Grade 7. Wouldn't I seem a little weird to be pouring out all my emotions at this age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
I'm about to assassinate Gandhi.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #31
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica619 View Post
I don't know, I like a girl. She and I are thirteen, our birthdays are 3 days apart. Now, we are both in Grade 7. Wouldn't I seem a little weird to be pouring out all my emotions at this age?
Well... IMO, it really depend on yourself. If your mental is prepared enough, then it's okay! (although teenagers age 13 with mentally mature are very rare)
Oh, and some other my reason for not recommending you to pour out your emotion yet:
1. Are you prepared for anything, especially rejection?
2. If she knows your feeling, there is a chance that she will get confused because her feeling isn't developed (maybe, this is just my guessing...)
3. If she'll become your girlfriend, would you date her for years, waiting for the marriage? (In case that you both are very faithful to each other and never broke up)

But then again, if you insist, you can always talk your feeling to her . I know the surge of that feeling, trust me
And if you don't understand my writing, you can always PM me!!

DVD-Lesher is who I am, my nickname, myself
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #32
The Joker
VT Lover

Yeah, number 2 was my worry, that she wouldn't be mentally mature to accept the feelings I have for her.

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #33
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

You're very sure about her mental maturity is worrisome?

Old May 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #34
The Joker
VT Lover

Well, I'm not sure at all. At times she acts very mature, at other times she doesn't.

Quote:
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #35
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

That is surely confusing... I think you need to check on her closely... Watch and try to memorize the time when she is acting mature and "childish".... And her emotion too if you can.. Maybe you should open a new thread?

Old May 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #36
NeoKitai

NeoKitai's Forum Picture

Name: ???

Here's something for people who are in love with someone from their own nationality, but are from a different one than where you are. (For example: Portugese people in America. No offensive material.) Try telling them that you love them in your original country's language. That's how I'll try to get a GF. Results will be posted.
NeoKitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #37
Modus Operandi
Nice Poster

Modus Operandi's Forum Picture

Name: Corey

Great guide!!!!!

Memento semper: curare debet unum de se. Neminem alius potest facere pro eum.
Modus Operandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #38
zoom zoom

zoom zoom's Forum Picture

Name: Justin

well if u want to ask him or herouo i used a simple line. i find if u use a complex line u might lose them. so i used a simple one. My girlfriedn kept on saying we were best friends. so the day wheni asked her out i said " do u know how we are really good friends?" and she "yes?" theni said " well I was wondering if me and u could be more then good friends?" and yes she said yes. and that was on October 15th and we r still going strong
zoom zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #39
lesher

lesher's Forum Picture

Hmm, asking out for lunch in my country is something that's not any average people would do except they're already in relationship... I think I need a different approach

Oh btw : Can you give some example about "innocent flirting", "normal flirting", and "heavy (or something like that) flirting"?

Old August 12th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #40
Zeavix
Junior Member+

Zeavix's Forum Picture

Name: jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru Taki View Post
oooohhh...i didnt do that...i told her i loved her over myspace....lol xD....but she knew....are boys really this obvious???!!! or is it just me....
we are very obvious as to girls they are hard to know
Zeavix is offline   Reply With Quote