Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:48 PM   #1
LMNOP

LMNOP's Forum Picture

Default Oral Sex

Should you use a condom during oral sex?
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:06 AM   #2
shikachunin
Member+

shikachunin's Forum Picture

Name: Sean
Default Re: Oral Sex

Well, there are good things and bad things when you use a condom for oral sex. some good things about using a condom are that you don't give the partner(s) any STDs(HIV/AIDS), and you don't get any from your partner. However, a bad thing is that you're partner will literally be sucking on plastic.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/67047.jpg
"Mourn the losses, because they are many. But celebrate the victories, because they are few" -Deb, Queer as Folk
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM   #3
theOperaGhost
Banned

Yes. Just because there is no risk of pregnancy, there is still the risk of contracting an STD/STI.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:15 AM   #4
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture

Name: Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePianoMan View Post
Yes. Just because there is no risk of pregnancy, there is still the risk of contracting an STD/STI.
Jared you can't get pregnant through your mouth. I think you do not need one, although the risk is still there; its always going to be there. Plus oral sex isn't enjoyable with a condom on.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM   #5
Mirataku

Mirataku's Forum Picture

Name: Rhys

you can by flavoured to improve the experience

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...hritsukajh.png
Love puts the fun in together,
The sad in apart,
The hope in tomorrow,
The joy in the heart.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:23 AM   #6
theOperaGhost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGTM View Post
Jared you can't get pregnant through your mouth. I think you do not need one, although the risk is still there; its always going to be there. Plus oral sex isn't enjoyable with a condom on.
I know you can't get pregnant through your mouth. I said just because there is NO RISK OF PREGNANCY, there is a chance of getting an STD/STI, such as herpes.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:26 AM   #7
Zan0ra
Nice Poster

Zan0ra's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Recommended. The germs in there can quite happily move on to your penis.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM   #8
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

aYes. You should use protection. However, you don't have to use condoms. There are a couple things on the market out that protects during oral sex.

There are condoms:

(There are female ones too. Simply put on the penis and this protects the person from pregnancy and STDs)

Dental Dams:

(These are usually used when giving oral. There is some moisture that gets through (no, im serious, ive tried it) but it remains totally dry at the same time...its weird but effective.)

Medical Gloves:

(Kinda weird but you can use this when masturbating mutually or some other ways like fingering)

These are some methods that you can use to protect yourself during mutual masturbation, anal, vaginal, and oral sex.
Those things aren't all of them but they can easily be picked up at a local store. However, the main point is that you should always use some sort of protection when having sex. Good luck

~Laura was here~
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:32 AM   #9
Requin
Horse Cock

Yes, always use a condom during oral sex. You can get various nasty STD's from doing it without a condom. Its just not worth it.

The Man with No Name
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM   #10
devilsheep

Jesus you people really overreact. If you know the person giving you the blowjob and know for a fact that they are clean, then dont worry about it. Not many people at this age have STDs
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM   #11
Dolphus Raymond
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsheep View Post
Jesus you people really overreact. If you know the person giving you the blowjob and know for a fact that they are clean, then dont worry about it. Not many people at this age have STDs
You can't really "know for a fact" someone doesn't have an STD unless they've been tested, and then they've been within your sight 24/7 since. There's always a risk. With oral, it's much less. But there is some (especially with herpes).

dolphus.

"I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in interpreting coincidence exactly the way you want to." -Sherman Alexie
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM   #12
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture

Name: Gregory

Quote:
Many scientists beg to differ 1 in 4 people have a STD and tested negative. STI/STD's are always prescent, so why is it overreacting to be worried about getting a disease that could in fact make us worry about every time we try to engage in sexual activities with a partner.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM   #13
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

Quote:
Not true. He is a teenager. How many teenagers get tested these days. Usually people don't get tested until late high school-college IF they do. You can never be too safe. It is better to be safe than be that one little statistic that has to go into the doctor because his penis is drippin'. Then you'll have to go to mommy and daddy and even the doctor and show them and then get lectured because you trired oral one time unprotected. To me thats not a desirable route.

Boys Puberty General Puberty

~Laura was here~

Last edited by Antares; August 3rd, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM   #14
Dolphus Raymond
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGTM View Post
Many scientists beg to differ 1 in 4 people have a STD and tested negative.
Where did you get that statistic from? Many 1-in-4 people who have an STD don't know it. But fewer than 1-in-4 people probably have had an STD test, and I promise you that the false negative rate is way less than 25%.

dolphus.

"I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in interpreting coincidence exactly the way you want to." -Sherman Alexie
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM   #15
devilsheep

Well how many 14-15 year olds have done sexual acts with more than just a few other 14-15 year olds? Im just saying, come on. But I will also add that you should look into your partners history before you dive in, find out who they've been with and then make your mind up if you trust the person to not have any STDs.
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #16
BlackBetty
Awesome Poster

BlackBetty's Forum Picture

Name: Ask Me :)

It is usually best to use one.

~John~
"Better to beg than to steal, but better to work than to beg"-Grandma Topper
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #17
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Let me jump in here.

First, by the time of adulthood, 1:5 people has herpes, sure the older they are the better the chance, but still. Herpes is at epidemic proportions, and although it is not fatal, it is incurable.

Second, if that girl has given you a b/j, let's assume she's done it before, even if you know her. The more frequency/experience, the greater the chance of exposure to herpes.

Third, we're talking casual sex here. People in committed relationships don't need to come onto BB's to ask if they should be using a condom, b/c they're close enough to their partner to discuss their concerns with them, people who have sex in committed relationships know eachother's history. So, let's assume you're either looking for, or hoping to get some from someone who is merely available. Remember, her availability to you means she's probably been 'available' with others, too. And people who have casual sex are at the highest risk.

Lastly, anyone who uses the words 'overreacting' and 'concerns about STI's' in the same sentence is frankly foolish, and perhaps it's that reasoning (or, perhaps, more precisely, the lack of any reasoning) that is at the root of the epidemic we now find ourselves in.

Either know your partner very well, or wear a condom.

Last edited by IAMSAM; August 4th, 2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #18
theOperaGhost
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever heard of a cold sore? Cold sores are a form of herpes. How many people do you think have them? I bet a very good portion of the population have had a cold sore before. If you have ever had a cold sore, you just happen to be carrying herpes and you can never get rid of it. Ever.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:12 AM   #19
homerallii1

homerallii1's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePianoMan View Post
I know you can't get pregnant through your mouth. I said just because there is NO RISK OF PREGNANCY, there is a chance of getting an STD/STI, such as herpes.

Ah Ah AH piano man NEVER forget about Throat Babies!!!! lol j/k'ing of course but idk i've never recieved oral sex

Just a kidd lookin to lend a helping hand. This site helped me mature, lookin to return the favor.
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #20
canadakd89

i dont think you have to . plus, without one itfeels much better- both ways