Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2004, 02:58 PM   #1
blondebabe36528

Default I think i have OCD and im really scared.

Hi. Im thirteen and going through a crazy enough life as it is. I moved last summer and i have to go to a new school. I've been @ this school for a few months and I dont have many friends. But neway, my new problem is, well, what i think, is OCD. Since a year or two ago, I watch a movie, The Ring *shudder* and I've been paranoid of it ever since. I constantly check all the windows and doors in the house. I check every empty space, like an empty drawer, under the bed, in bathtubs, ect. I thought it was all paranoia but now i do even weirder things. I HAVE to pray everynight because im scared god will have Samara (the girl from the movie)kill me for not being involved in my religion. I have to have everything grouped in threes. Like i have to have three picture frams clumped together on my dresser, stuff like that. Nothing can be in the electical outlits, i think b/c im scared it will start a fire, and things that are in the shape of a circle are not allowed in my room. I always think sum1 is behind me. *like rite now* And if something touches one part of me, like the wall hits my left leg, it HAS to hit my rite leg. I always do things in fours. Like ill check something four times. I always look for patterens, and when I step with one foot, i count to two and then I do the same thing whenever i step.! Im such a freak. I hate myself so much. Somethimes I think i mite hurt myself and then i think, no im not phsyco, i could never do something like that. I dont understand whats going on with me. Is this OCD, is it paranoia, is it all in my head like my parents say? I dont know. I hate constantly being scared and stuff. I hate it. Plz help me if u can. I have been going on this site every day. Its my new 'thing' i have to do no matter what. Uhg, i hate this.

you can e-mail me or talk 2 me on AIM blondebabe36528
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #2
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

i also have ocd and it does sound like you do have it but theres nothing to be afraid of. just talk to your parents about it. i have it to but mine is under control. but i know what you mean when i first got it, it was hell you'll just have to get through it.
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #3
Dante
Legendary Member

Default Re: I think i have OCD and im really scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe36528
Hi. Im thirteen and going through a crazy enough life as it is. I moved last summer and i have to go to a new school. I've been @ this school for a few months and I dont have many friends. But neway, my new problem is, well, what i think, is OCD. Since a year or two ago, I watch a movie, The Ring *shudder* and I've been paranoid of it ever since. I constantly check all the windows and doors in the house. I check every empty space, like an empty drawer, under the bed, in bathtubs, ect. I thought it was all paranoia but now i do even weirder things. I HAVE to pray everynight because im scared god will have Samara (the girl from the movie)kill me for not being involved in my religion. I have to have everything grouped in threes. Like i have to have three picture frams clumped together on my dresser, stuff like that. Nothing can be in the electical outlits, i think b/c im scared it will start a fire, and things that are in the shape of a circle are not allowed in my room. I always think sum1 is behind me. *like rite now* And if something touches one part of me, like the wall hits my left leg, it HAS to hit my rite leg. I always do things in fours. Like ill check something four times. I always look for patterens, and when I step with one foot, i count to two and then I do the same thing whenever i step.! Im such a freak. I hate myself so much. Somethimes I think i mite hurt myself and then i think, no im not phsyco, i could never do something like that. I dont understand whats going on with me. Is this OCD, is it paranoia, is it all in my head like my parents say? I dont know. I hate constantly being scared and stuff. I hate it. Plz help me if u can. I have been going on this site every day. Its my new 'thing' i have to do no matter what. Uhg, i hate this.
from what you are saying, you do have OCD, the thing with the ring, don't worry, just tell your self that it is just a movie. And you shouldnt hate urself,there is no reason to.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #4
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

damn thats tough, good luck!
Old February 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #5
shattered image

It's only a moive.

kim x-
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:11 AM   #6
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

OCD isn't just caused by watching a movie, there are a whole lot of other factors such as genes. Maybe the initial fear of watching the movie made a mark on your mind and interacted with your genes, causing you to develop OCD, or it might not even be OCD, only a professional can tell you that.

From what i know about unwanted re occuring thoughts, it's that they are usually the opposite of your character, but not always. For example someone might be a very nice calm placid person and in contrast, get thoughts of their family dead or them causing harm, and then do a compulsion to help relieve that.

A good way to cope with your thoughts, for now until (if you can) get some professional advice, is to do 'thought stopping'.

It's a simple technique but can be quite hard to master. Everytime you get a thought that you don't agree with and don't like such as that Samara is going to kill you if you don't count.

Pinch yourself, make yourself feel and believe that it's Ok and normal for you to have thoughts like these because you cant control your thoughts all the time. You need to make your mind realise that having these thoughts are Ok, and no different to nay others thoughts, and then your mind will have no reason to keep replaying them. Don't try and stop the thought happening, let it always play out in your head as far as it wants to go, and always remember it's ok.

If you want i can find a webpage which has this technique on it in better detail, it's useful for people suffering from OCD and people just having unwanted thoughts.

Did you know of OCD before you started experiancing these problems?

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #7
LegallyBlonde101

Wat is ODC
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM   #8
LegallyBlonde101

I mean OCD
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #9
InneedofaJob97

InneedofaJob97's Forum Picture

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, im 13 and i think i might of had it for a while but its going away i think... i would always have these urges like if my friend would move something to the left i'd have to move it right again because i felt it had to be done. iwas bothered by my nose for about a year, i would see it in my vision and it was uneven-ish so one side was different from the other and it bothered the heck outa me. i also had the counting my steps sometimes and aranging things. eventually i just got over it.

If everyone wanted to be a fireman,astronaut, or policeman, who would make the sandwhiches?
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #10
LegallyBlonde101

weird
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #11
WakeUp
Banned

WakeUp's Forum Picture

from what i know about OCD is that something can spark it off, i dno where i heard it but i know i heard it about OCD.
I think you probably had it in your genes and the movie sparked it off.

It's just a movie anyway
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:40 PM   #12
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

when someone has a chemical embalance things like movies can affet a person more then someone without a chemical embalance... especially if they have ocd... im the same way... please get help and take control of this before it becomes worse...

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #13
monkeylover

Default OCD

I have OCD and I can tell you not to worry. Yes it is true that you constently check everywhere and everything but that is from fear. Don't worry because if you do you are going to let fear take over you and there is no reason for that.
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #14
foof1
Member+

foof1's Forum Picture

ocd will not kill you or anything. its just really annoying and time wasting. i have it so i know
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #15
hollister_

hollister_'s Forum Picture

I believe I also have O.C.D.
I can't sleep in my bed if my mum doesn't make it.
If I do somehting with my fingers, I [I]have[I] to do it to my other 9.
If I crack one of my ankles, I have to crack my other.
It's annoying
>=[
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison

OOOOOOLLLLLDDDD thread.

All you need is love.
Closed Thread