Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 10th, 2018, 11:53 PM   #41
miss.mysterious

miss.mysterious's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Re: How to Deal with Family Arguments

I would really like any helpful suggestions to this post (other than grammatical corrections &#128530

Dad can not get it into his thick, messed up skull that he is not the only person in this household. Other people are here, and we are 100% capable of making our own decisions. I am almost an adult; I know how to think on my own. My brother is an adult; he can do whatever he wants. Our mother does not dictate our actions; she has no control over what we do. And my father has the nerve to blame her for my brother being out in the streets, knowing damn well that he can make his one choices. My mom was so furious and upset; I hate seeing her like that. Do you know what my dad did? He threatened her. She was just saying that she was upset and that he was blaming her for everyone's problems, and he said: "you keep on talking" as if she was wrong. My dad will do everything it takes to deflect the blame from him, and I hate him for that. My mother has every right to be upset. She is almost 60 years old, and her husband has done nothing to make her life easier. She does everything for us, yet he has contributed nothing except money. I am scared for her life. I know that one of the reasons he hasn't done anything to her is because I am here. But when I go to college, I don't know what will happen. She is too old to be going through this. One day, she will die. He is just cutting her lifespan by stressing her out by what is way more than necessary.
miss.mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:20 AM   #42
blitkrieg
Banned

its gonna be alright
blitkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2018, 02:03 PM   #43
Chrisbm

Chrisbm's Forum Picture

Name: Christopher

I just learn not to argue with certain family members, even the ones you love and hate
Chrisbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:40 PM   #44
NotSky
Member+

NotSky's Forum Picture

Name: Sky

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it because of one of my parents' recent fights.

13 | Bi | One Smartass Cookie | Seriously, my IQ is one of my best features😂
NotSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 05:02 AM   #45
beingmeraki

beingmeraki's Forum Picture

Thanks for this. The funny thing is, I always try to listen to their side of the argument, but then they are never interested in hearing my side of the argument ever!
beingmeraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #46
ShezzaD05

Name: Sherryl

I used to be really close to my brother (we are twins!) but in the last year we have been arguing and fighting like never before. He told me something as a secret last year and it really upset me and we started to fall out ever since then. Sometimes even tiny little things can cause us to fight. I hate it and really wish we could make up forever, but everytime i try he just puts me down. i feel like i have lost my best friend in many ways.
ShezzaD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:59 PM   #47
Oscar2005
Member++

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmeraki View Post
Thanks for this. The funny thing is, I always try to listen to their side of the argument, but then they are never interested in hearing my side of the argument ever!
Dad is like 'its like this and you shut up' :'(
Oscar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote