Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old June 12th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #1
theman7748

Exclamation Physical Exam with a male doctor...

I no i;m not gay because i have gone out with a bunch of girls and done stuff with them and liked it and i;m just attracted to them but i have my physical in a couple of weeks with my pediatrician and everytime I go i seem to get a b oner i cant help it even if i try to think about something else it doesnt work...

please help....
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #2
Godskitchen Trance

Default Re: Physical Exam with a male doctor...

I guess there is nothing you can do about it. Try thinking about other things completely different than the situation etc. Otherwise ask for a female pediatrician and if you get a boner its completely normal haha.
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #3
LifeIsMyJoke

LifeIsMyJoke's Forum Picture

I'm a pediatrician in training (starting University, Medicine, with a Pediatric branch) and I'm curious as to know why you need to have these physical exams so often?

You say "every time I go I seem to get a boner" - theoretically, unless there I am missing something, your Pediatrician shouldn't need to be giving you a "physical" more than maybe once or twice ... ever.

Are you a Type 1 Diabetic or have any lifelong illness?

And your age would help too, as it sounds like its all part and parcel with puberty.

Anyways, before I answer, I'll attempt to diagnose WHY this is happening. (If you don't feel comfortable answering those above questions in public, feel free to pm me)

I myself am a Type 1 Diabetic - I remember when I was 12 - 13 years old, my Pediatrician had to check how far along puberty I was, and by that stage, my progress was 0. I had the same problem you have stated once, before puberty, and my doctor actually explained that it was perfectly normal for kids.

Its the hormones in the body, it has nothing to do with being gay, although I am bisexual, there is no way ANYBODY could find my pediatrician attractive. I believe it is due to the changes undergoing in your body, and really there is not much you can do about it. Its normal for teens to have an erection, at ANY time of the day, randomly, and this is along much the same lines.

Also, in this physical, it isn't supposed to be strictly legal, unless checking for abnormalities in the testicles, to touch the genitals, if that is what is provoking your erection? Or are you erect generally before he starts, in which case, see the paragraph before this one.

Either way man, its perfectly normal, I myself have been there, its hormones to blame (again), and it DOES NOT mean you are homosexual, not even in the slightest.

The best I can suggest to stop it is to try and take Homer Simpson's advice and
"think unsexy thoughts" - but its easier said than done, and it often doesn't help, but erections can't often be helped, especially in developing adolescent bodies, assuming that is approximately your age (13-16)

Best of luck, pm me if you need anything - Adam

War Doesn't Determine Who Is Right ... It Determines Who's Left

Sieze the day or die regretting the time you lost
- Avenged Sevenfold -

100% Australian. Yes, I was born in a Kangaroo's pouch!!
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #4
BlackBetty
Awesome Poster

BlackBetty's Forum Picture

Name: Ask Me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsMyJoke View Post
I'm a pediatrician in training (starting University, Medicine, with a Pediatric branch) and I'm curious as to know why you need to have these physical exams so often?

You say "every time I go I seem to get a boner" - theoretically, unless there I am missing something, your Pediatrician shouldn't need to be giving you a "physical" more than maybe once or twice ... ever.

Are you a Type 1 Diabetic or have any lifelong illness?

And your age would help too, as it sounds like its all part and parcel with puberty.

Anyways, before I answer, I'll attempt to diagnose WHY this is happening. (If you don't feel comfortable answering those above questions in public, feel free to pm me)

I myself am a Type 1 Diabetic - I remember when I was 12 - 13 years old, my Pediatrician had to check how far along puberty I was, and by that stage, my progress was 0. I had the same problem you have stated once, before puberty, and my doctor actually explained that it was perfectly normal for kids.

Its the hormones in the body, it has nothing to do with being gay, although I am bisexual, there is no way ANYBODY could find my pediatrician attractive. I believe it is due to the changes undergoing in your body, and really there is not much you can do about it. Its normal for teens to have an erection, at ANY time of the day, randomly, and this is along much the same lines.

Also, in this physical, it isn't supposed to be strictly legal, unless checking for abnormalities in the testicles, to touch the genitals, if that is what is provoking your erection? Or are you erect generally before he starts, in which case, see the paragraph before this one.

Either way man, its perfectly normal, I myself have been there, its hormones to blame (again), and it DOES NOT mean you are homosexual, not even in the slightest.

The best I can suggest to stop it is to try and take Homer Simpson's advice and
"think unsexy thoughts" - but its easier said than done, and it often doesn't help, but erections can't often be helped, especially in developing adolescent bodies, assuming that is approximately your age (13-16)

Best of luck, pm me if you need anything - Adam
WOW!! mouth full!!!

It is normal for you to have a boner when he "check"s you.

~John~
"Better to beg than to steal, but better to work than to beg"-Grandma Topper
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #5
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

(Here in the USA, most kids get a physical once a year, usually for things like summer camp or sports or just good 'ol preventative care, the idea that it's good to make sure everything is OK, and if it's not, to intervene early to improve prognosis)

Anyway, about 50% of all guys get an erection with the doc, it's one of those things. Don't worry, it's not indicative of anything other than normalcy! And, since it's so common, your doc has undoubtly seen this happen before.

Not to worry!
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #6
wazzler7999

wazzler7999's Forum Picture

when i get mine i get one also but its normal because someone is feeling u up, and like u said its a male doctor so i wouldn't worry he'll understand

When u stop fighting you stop living. We all need that thing worth fighting for,
Maybe its a certain someone, or a special place, maybe it's an idea. Whatever it may be, find your fight and fight like hell till your battle is Won...

A.I.M.<---->bandersnatch1004
Old June 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Dakota
Resident Furry&Mutt

Dakota's Forum Picture

Name: Matty

It's fine for this to happen. You probably just get aroused very easily. It's fine don't worry. He would understand that at your age it's strictly involuntary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter.Tomorrow View Post
Hello again VirtualTeen. you blackhole.

God wants widows
God wants solutions
God wants TV
God wants contributions
Last.FM | Tumblr | Livestream Thread
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #8
theOperaGhost
Banned

It's pretty normal. A lot of guys just get aroused when they are touched. I'd say if a doctor hasn't seen a teen get an erection during a physical, that's pretty rare. All doctors have seen it happen before, so nothing to worry about.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

Quote:
Here in the US kids usually get a physical once a year. My doctor has a scheduled check once a year eventhough I never do them and that is without the sports and camp aspect.

IT is completely normal. I kinda got one too the last time but she just went on like it was nothing. So even if they see you get one they will just go along because trust me they have seen it before. They are adults. So next time just chillax and think about flying donkeys or somehting and if you get hard then just go along with it because they will rush thigngs aalong if you get one.

Good luck.

~Laura was here~
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #10
Four

Four's Forum Picture

LOL. Flying donkeys, that's a new one.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #11
LifeIsMyJoke

LifeIsMyJoke's Forum Picture

Ahh right, your Medical regime is alot different to ours! But once again, no matter how many times you have your physical, if you get an erection, I'm sure its normal, and we can put it down to hormones and ... you guessed it ... puberty in general.

War Doesn't Determine Who Is Right ... It Determines Who's Left

Sieze the day or die regretting the time you lost
- Avenged Sevenfold -

100% Australian. Yes, I was born in a Kangaroo's pouch!!
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #12
notsure101
Awesome Poster

notsure101's Forum Picture

Name: Ray

Its, noraml but just do a hard amth problem in ur head

Volunteer Firefighter for WGFD and WWFD.
Please pray for fallen firefighters
Never give up. Never Give in. Fight Til You Lose... Or Fight Til You Win. Never Let up. Never let Down. Never Let the Frightened... See you Frown. Wield your Weapons. Conquer all fears. Work til your Sweat..Replaces their Tears. Learn from your Losses. Savor Your Wins. Prepare for the next one. And Battle Again.
My Baby
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #13
theman7748

hahah thnx
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #14
Actor

it's normal your doctor should just ignore it and continue his examination. it happens some times when people touch that area.

sorry for bad spelling
feel free to PM me if you have Questions
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #15
zebrainatree
Member+

Name: Ali

docters arnt looking at your penis rely, they would just dismiss it, you woould pay more attention to it than they would!
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #16
My_Toes_Are_Cold
Member+

My_Toes_Are_Cold's Forum Picture

The doctors in the USA check your crotch for things like hernias, and they want to make sure your balls are fine. During your yearly physical, they're gonna check your balls.

If you get a boner, don't worry about it. Some people are just easily aroused, and getting stimulation on the testicles or penis will probably cause them to become aroused regardless of who's doing it.

Doctors are doctors because they are mature adults with medical certification, and they have probably seen more boners while giving physicals than you have.

Doesn't mean you're gay, doesn't mean you're weird. Just happens, dude.

My toes are cold.
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #17
MrTeen14

ya you know i was worried about this for weeks before my yearly checkup, and when i got to that part, i was fine, i guess im not that eaisally aroused
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:08 AM   #18
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

Please don't bump old threads.

Thread

~Laura was here~