Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Adam88

Default Harp on things

I was wondering if someone could help me, on my constant worrying of others.Sometimes I always feel that this world never has enough decent human beings. So whenever I don't do my part, I feel so lousy. For instance, sometimes whenever I can, I will donate whatever I can to Cancer organizations, so I can participate anyway I can. Or one time I esscorted a someone in the freezing wheather to help him find a train station because he was lost.
My point is, that if I sometimes don't do my part I feel like another jerk of society. Like today for instance, a woman was walking up the train station steps with a little girl and, a baby in a carrage. Well instead of helping her, I just lether take her time, and another man helped her. I suppose it was because, one time I asked a woman in the same situation if she need help, she just looked at me lie I had two heads, and said no with an attitude. I mean I even let a woman and her two children use my metro card ounce, because the jerk bus driver wouldn't let her on, sine she didn't have enough. I didn't even take her money she offered me.

I don't do these things for a reward, only because its right, and its the way society should act ounce in a while. So why do I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders, as if I am so rotten?
Adam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Techno Monster
Jump into the river.

Techno Monster's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin
Default Re: Harp on things

You absolutely don`t have to feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, you are a good person for helping others out
Techno Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Well, i'm not sure you're being a decent and honorable person would make you feel lousy, we need more of you!

I think being conscientious is sometimes a burden, awareness of things and responsibilities other than our selves and our own very selfish gratification can sometimes feel like a large weight. Rather than be down on yourself for this, for being aware of your own sensitivity, you might channel it and oredetermined times and for good causes. That way, you'll feel as if others are benefitting from your gifts, and when you're done, you can let go for a while and not feel as if you're slacking.

People with lots of awareness often feel the way you do, i think they survive by knowing when to turn it on fully, and when they're done, to be able to take a break. Maybe you just need a little more structure to it.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:00 AM   #4
Jaxxxxxxx

Adam, do you feel stressed out? When your helping, not helping or both? Kinda like theres tension? This might give me and others a idea of what's going on.
Jaxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Adam88

Thanks everyone I appreciate that. I mean I'll admit, there are certain days where I can be grumpy, and mad at the whole world because of the way they treat me. But all in all, when it comes down to it, I always thought about having a type of job that communicates with others, and I give help in return. Sort of like a teacher or school counsler.
And yes Jaxxx it does feel stressing, as if my whole day was ruined.
Thanks or the feed back my friends
Adam88 is offline   Reply With Quote