Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Help and Advice > Alcohol, Drugs, and Meds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Exclamation How Long Does Marijuana Stay in the System?

As above. And no I don't. I'm asking for a friend. Is there anything she can eat/drink to speed up getting it out the system? She has a blood test in a couple of days and is scared that it will show up. I can't belive she's smoking that shit but that's not the point right now.

Thanks.
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi
Default Re: How Long Does Marijuana Stay in the System?

I googled it, and found concept420.com, which told me that most common time for marijuana to stay in your system is anywhere from 3 to 30 days, depending on your metabolism and the amount that was smoked. The site also advertised products (some drinks, some pills) which claim to help minimize the toxins in your body for a few hours, as well as powdered urine--just add water!-- which promises to be toxin free, and some other powder thing that supposedly you add to the urine sample and it clears out the toxins in it. I wouldn't recommend any of that though. The risk of your friend getting caught (or sick, from one of the ingestible products) is pretty high depending on how closely she'll be monitored and whether it's possible for them to test the urine for that detoxifying powder, and in my mind that's worse than failing. All I can think for you to tell her, is to drink a lot of water, and cranberry juice (that stuff that's actually juice, not juice cocktail). The more you drink, the more you pee, and the more blood your kidneys can filter and suck the toxins out of. Cranberry juice is a long shot, but supposedly its good for detoxing, like when you need to get over a cold or you're starting a diet (as an added bonus, it can help treat and prevent urinary tract infections and may help prevent the formation of plaque on your teeth!).

I wish your friend the best of luck, and I hope that if she fails the test she doesn't get in too much trouble (and that she'll learn not to smoke that stuff when she knows she's going to be tested).

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Thanks very much.

That's the big proplem. She's adopted, she gets caught then she's back into care.

Rep+ though, thanks again so much hun!
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #4
silentc0re
Member+

silentc0re's Forum Picture

Drink orange juice and as Kaleidoscope said u can get the powdered urine thing but it barely works,tell her if she can try taking a aleve (i know it may sound stupid but it works honest to god) it makes ur blood thinner and if she drinks the juice with it she will be good.

I know this because my freind is addicted to Marijuana and Hash brownies for 2 years and thats what he said will help getting it out of her system.
silentc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

By "care" do you mean like, foster care or one of those group homes for kids in limbo? (Because if you meant rehab, I don't see the significance of saying she's adopted...) If so, that's terrible that her adoptive parents would just put her back into the system like that. When you have a biological child, do you put them up for adoption the moment they do something wrong? Adopting a child is a commitment, and a lot of kids who have been in the foster care system have issues. When you adopt a child, you accept those issues, and commit yourself to helping the child have a better life. That just pisses me off that they could even think to tell her "If you fail this drug test, you're going back for some other family to pick up." Especially at such a crucial point in her development! I know I don't know these people, but I think any kid deserves better parents than that. I hope things work out for her.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #6
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

No what I meant is, she will be put in a group home thing because if she's caught social services will think that the people who adopted her are unfit to care for her.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #7
rangerfan523
Junior Member+

Name: joe

well i had the same problem so im sure if this works but your mid stream urine is the cleanset so pee a little somewere eles the pee in the cup then pee some were eles

also if so does somke tell her to get cranberrie pills they remove it out of your system
rangerfan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Neverender
Newfoundlander

Neverender's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

a month. and unless she wants to take raw nutmeg pump it straight into her veins...nothing to speed it up.

P.S. nutmeg in the blood is lethal

Been here on VT so long,
my clothes are starting to rot.
7 Years and counting
Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #9
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August

Well she did bring it on herself.

If she knew she had a drug test coming up, why would she go smoke marijuana?

And you say that if she fails, she will be put in a group home. I don't mean to sound degrading but she should have thought about that. She should think about doing things. Should I do this drug that I will be addicted to that can cause of list of health problems?
Mr. Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #10
gookmique

gookmique's Forum Picture

basically, i hate to say it, the only remedy for filtering the THC out of your system is gallons and gallons of water (err.. the only natural and safe way). generally a person should drink 4 cups of water a day? ... or is it 8... who knows. i've been told if you drink "roughly" a gallon of water a day, you should be cleared up in a week or two. not SoOoOoOoOO much water that you get water poison, but enough to just thoroughly clean your system out. best of luck to your buddy
gookmique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #11
deadpaw

deadpaw's Forum Picture

Drink lots of water/orange juice and hope she has a high metabolism

and to fezzie, if you want people to "Live each day as if it were your last..." then why are you critising people who are trying things which they might not get to try every again, if it were their last day....

dont knock it til you've tried it is all im sayin

What up?

"We're not among the living, so we cannot die; but neither are we dead. For too long I have been parched with thirst but unable to quench it. Too long have I been starving to death, but have not died. I feel nothing; not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh."
deadpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #12
WowRed

Its metabolism, LOTS OF WATER +working out = lots of urine = less THC in system.

But to be truthful with you whats unique about marijuana is its one of the only drugs that is traceable through a whole year. one joint smoked December 2008 can be found in your system upto december 2009 technically. Because its unique in that it stays in you ( i forget how and where) but in your hair you can test if you really wanted to and find traces of thc.
WowRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM   #13
*Dissident*
Nice Poster

*Dissident*'s Forum Picture

Niacin. tell her to take niacin tablets for a couple days before the test, drink lots of water, and maybe even go to a GMC and get a "Detox" drink. Blood test will be hard to pass, and depending on how long ago she smoked, chances are she wont pass if its a blood test.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/875...ar77282xr4.gif

you can bomb the world to pieces
but you cant bomb it into peace

life is to short to make just on decision. musics to loud for just one station. love is to big for just one nation, and God is to big for just one religion

Come visit my diary, War is Hell! http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/fo...play.php?f=104
*Dissident* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 06:13 AM   #14
theman7748

it can actually stay in ur fat in your body for up to four yehars but it can only be detected with in the first thirty days
theman7748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #15
Close102
Nice Poster

Close102's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

usually it can stay in your blood ststem for a few weeks to a month and a half depending on the persons metabolism, size, the length they have been using it, and how much they eat and drink. the only truly safe way is to drink a lot of water and even that wouldnt get rid of it that much sooner.

TBD...
Close102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #16
kerry
Great Poster

kerry's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope Eyes View Post
I googled it, and found concept420.com, which told me that most common time for marijuana to stay in your system is anywhere from 3 to 30 days, depending on your metabolism and the amount that was smoked. The site also advertised products (some drinks, some pills) which claim to help minimize the toxins in your body for a few hours, as well as powdered urine--just add water!-- which promises to be toxin free, and some other powder thing that supposedly you add to the urine sample and it clears out the toxins in it. I wouldn't recommend any of that though. The risk of your friend getting caught (or sick, from one of the ingestible products) is pretty high depending on how closely she'll be monitored and whether it's possible for them to test the urine for that detoxifying powder, and in my mind that's worse than failing. All I can think for you to tell her, is to drink a lot of water, and cranberry juice (that stuff that's actually juice, not juice cocktail). The more you drink, the more you pee, and the more blood your kidneys can filter and suck the toxins out of. Cranberry juice is a long shot, but supposedly its good for detoxing, like when you need to get over a cold or you're starting a diet (as an added bonus, it can help treat and prevent urinary tract infections and may help prevent the formation of plaque on your teeth!).

I wish your friend the best of luck, and I hope that if she fails the test she doesn't get in too much trouble (and that she'll learn not to smoke that stuff when she knows she's going to be tested).
rep +

Kerry.Anne.Newman 13
Birthdayy In January Yeahh
Email Me At
Kerry-woo@hotmail.co.uk OR miss.kerry.newman@hotmail.com
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote